Forget about the loyal! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I bet you don't even know who your Florida state representative/senator are. Look them up and call their office. Tell them to stop defunding the FHP and push them for a reasonable salary and/or step plan. Call/email the Governor's office and tell them we need more Troopers and better pay.

It's easy to cry here on LEO Affairs. Start complaining to the people who have the real influence on your paycheck.
    Stfu. Go ahead and do that, let me know how it goes. Just ask Roufa how that goes

Unregistered
    That has been done many times for many years. Even having a bus full of Troopers in tally during the session and nothing. They don’t care, cause they know they can always hire someone else every few years. They don’t care throwing money away at the academy and at troopers to train them for other agencies. It has been like that for years and it will never change. They always say every year is our year and it has never happened. They even had a pay structure on a educational development plan for the stupid senioriy stripes on your uniform and it went nowhere. Sad for such a good agency and a good job cause yes i love what i do and i love being a trooper. I have been a trooper for a very long time and sad to say I don’t really make that much money.
    Exactly, that other retard that says to send emails must live in Disney land.

Unregistered
    Exactly, that other retard that says to send emails must live in Disney land.
    Actually you're the retard. It's the same retards year after year that bash this agency online.
    You continue to acknowledge and work for an agency that under-pays and under-values you. Quit your job and go work at Disney Land. Find another agency or career...if you can.

Unregistered
    I bet you don't even know who your Florida state representative/senator are. Look them up and call their office. Tell them to stop defunding the FHP and push them for a reasonable salary and/or step plan. Call/email the Governor's office and tell them we need more Troopers and better pay.

It's easy to cry here on LEO Affairs. Start complaining to the people who have the real influence on your paycheck.
    We were doing this when you were still in diapers. It has absolutely no affect. They will be understanding and nice about it to your face, but no results.
    I retired 8 years ago after putting in 30 and I'm not surprised nothing has changed. It will never change clearly and that is a travesty.

Unregistered
    I will add that the job was good to me. I was very fortunate that when I was hired we got steps and colas my first seven years combined with a couple of promotions I was making way better money than some Lt and Capt.
    I now get those automatic 3% pension colas every year. My retirement check is now what I was making when I retired.
    As much as l loved the job I would absolutely not recommend anyone get hired or stay with the patrol unless you're willing to go high up the ladder. It will make a huge difference in your quality of life when you get to be my age and max out your 457 contributions as well. You will need it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12