Dade County Federal Auto Desk …

Unregistered

Dade County Federal Auto Desk …

Anyone used Dade County Federal Credit Union’s Auto Desk service ??? Good, bad, comments, experiences, recommend ???

Unregistered
    Good. They deliver the car to you. No muss, no fuss.

Unregistered

Great!!

I just bought a car and they gave me 1.99% APR. Go for it. I'm glad I did.

Unregistered
    But how much did you pay for the car? MSRP? was the price on the vehicle acceptable ?

Unregistered
    Do they speak English? I’m not kidding.

Unregistered
    Hello - I have never used the service, but if I may provide a piece of guidance as NOW is NOT the time to be looking to purchase a new vehicle. Many dealers are charging full MSRP and more. Most dealers are unwilling to discount the price of any new vehicle due to inventory shortages. The new car market may not adjust their new car prices until next year and hopefully you can repair your current auto to last another year.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello - I have never used the service, but if I may provide a piece of guidance as NOW is NOT the time to be looking to purchase a new vehicle. Many dealers are charging full MSRP and more. Most dealers are unwilling to discount the price of any new vehicle due to inventory shortages. The new car market may not adjust their new car prices until next year and hopefully you can repair your current auto to last another year.
    This is true, I am very aware of the financial market and use I heavily invest in my future with my ROTH IRA and deferred comp. Due to Covid there is a vehicle shortage and a chip shortage. They are going to make you pay high. There is no overflow that the dealers have to clear the lot to get the bonus from the manufacturers at the end of the month Becuz, there is a shortage. If you have to, buy new do your due diligence. Car reports gives you a good report what you should pay and the kickbacks a dealer gets. A car is a car and I don’t like to pay that drive off the lot loss, so i go used a year or 2. The credit union is good but, like the poster said it’s right now a bad car market, like the housing shortage market.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Premium prices now due to the covid slowdown which also has affected many manufacturers to close down for a few weeks due to a chip shortage

Unregistered
    Check sites like TrueCar, Edmonds, KBB and others. I used these sites got all my info for the car that I was interested in and sent out emails directly to their online sales group.
    I got various dealership and manufacturer rebates and discounts. Because I was a member of Costomco back then there was a few hundred dollars off also.
    Some dealers sent me back their final offers & I made my choice.
    Before I committed I called DCFCU's Auto Desk. Really nice people when I called. They reached out to their partner dealerships for the brand, model, trim a couple of days later. They could not get the price I got with my own efforts. I got it almost $1,200 less than their best offer. That was my result. Yours may differ. For the time I put into research and contacting the dealers online, it was worth it. Maybe 5 or 6 hours of work to save $1,200 is a good result to me.