Is CC Going to Mandate CV Vaccination for all HCSO Employees? - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well then it makes sense to keep the deputies working and 94ing us as long as they’re still alive because once they’re either fired or dead, we are more F’d than we are now!

Or you could just get the vaccine. I was in the military, had many vaccines and never had a reaction more than a sore arm or slight fever. With this vaccine, it was a slightly sore arm. At least if I get Covid now, I won't die.

Unregistered
    Or you could just get the vaccine. I was in the military, had many vaccines and never had a reaction more than a sore arm or slight fever. With this vaccine, it was a slightly sore arm. At least if I get Covid now, I won't die.
    I’ve had Covid and I didn’t die. I wasn’t even close to death. But you know who did die? My father died from agent orange poisoning that he got while in the military.

Unregistered
    It’s pretty much already mandated. If we do not get vaccinated, the HCSO will not cover any COVID related illness.

As far as becoming more short handed on patrol due to COVID sick deputies, shame on this agency for keeping us at a skeleton crew in the first place in order to waste the budget on toys. Nothing in training has been modified, ramped up, sped up, increased, or whatever to fill these zone positions.

Working these large zones alone when they were designed for the to four deputies per zone is a nightmare during peak hours.

I hope it all crumbles.

Unregistered
    I’ve had Covid and I didn’t die. I wasn’t even close to death. But you know who did die? My father died from agent orange poisoning that he got while in the military.
    Sorry for your loss. I thank your father for his service.

COVID seems to be affecting everyone different.

Unregistered
    If they’re going to mandate a vaccine as a requirement for employment, are they going to cover any medical issues coming from the vaccine as worker’s comp? I mean, they’re the ones saying we have to have it to work, so I’m assuming they’re liable for all adverse effects like blood clots, dead arm syndrome, blindness, death, etc... You know, all the things listed as adverse reactions that I didn’t have until I took the shot they required for me to keep my job!

Unregistered

Lost perspective

Hey all you dumbazzes who refuse to get vaccinated because of some shiit you heard from a "doctor" on Tik Tok, don't worry about it. One way or the other, this is called "thinning the herd"!
    It’s not about Tik Tok or internet memes. It’s about losing the freedom to choose what I put in my body. I’m not going to comply because you say so, you bully me or call me names. I choose FREEDOM. The minute we start giving up our rights, the rest of the constitution will come crumbling down.

If the vaccine works (which it doesn’t), then you’re safe. You take it! Fact is, you can still get it and spread it with the jab. Leave me alone and my natural immunity that protects me from it 99.97 percent.

Unregistered
    You chose "freedom". Five police officers in Florida died last week from Covid. If you are actually a Deputy, it is scary because one of the hallmarks of a good law enforcement officer is to possess common sense. Clearly, this is something that you were not gifted with nor learned. I can see that getting your medical advice from social media and opinion talk show hosts is serving you well. People like you makes the characters in "Dumb and Dumber" look intelligent.

Unregistered
    It’s pretty much already mandated. If we do not get vaccinated, the HCSO will not cover any COVID related illness.

As far as becoming more short handed on patrol due to COVID sick deputies, shame on this agency for keeping us at a skeleton crew in the first place in order to waste the budget on toys. Nothing in training has been modified, ramped up, sped up, increased, or whatever to fill these zone positions.

Working these large zones alone when they were designed for the to four deputies per zone is a nightmare during peak hours.

I hope it all crumbles.
    It’s already crumbling. Shortage on the streets is crushing officer morale.

Unregistered
    You can call it whatever you want. We “crazy antivaxxers” will simply call it even less deputies to work the streets and the jails.

How many people were at work on my entire platoon last shift? Was it it 8 or 9? We can’t afford to lose even one more person per squad, but hey, you run the office how you see fit. We won’t be here to worry about the lack of 94s and all the holding calls.
    Chad can make this mandate work and still cover the street. All sworn personnel in a cushy position, will have to get back into a uniform and start pushing a green and white for 12 hours to fill all the empty zones. No more of these specialty squads and units that leave us hurting for 94s. People who are jail certified, can start doing rotation hours in the jails to fill their gaps and holes. We can do the most with the very least—for awhile.

As of right now, the county has outgrown our ability to keep up with calls for service. The giant loss of manpower caused by a vaccine mandate, will be felt for decades. But hey, it’s not Chad’s problem. He has other political aspirations. It will be the problem of the future sheriffs, to figure out how to run this office without deputies. Eventually, Hillsborough County will turn into New York, or even Chicago. But, at least everyone is vaccinated from an illness with a 99% survival rate.

I go to work every day with 5 deputies on my squad, and that’s if we all show up. None of us are vaccinated, and not a single one of us cares. Every single one of us has had Covid, most likely caused by dealing with the lowliest of Hillsborough citizens— the ones the command staff hasn’t had contact with in 15 plus years. Every single one of us, has burned our own time because this office refused to cover us, even during lockdown last year when everything was closed, and the only place we could’ve gotten this was at work, but we still came back and did our jobs. Some of the best producers on my platoon, are the unvaccinated ones, and the office can’t afford to lose them.

The problem with this office has always been the command staff telling us what they think we want, and giving us things we didn’t ask for, instead of actually giving us what we need and want. It’s like bad parenting. You buy your kids a bunch of shiny, expensive toys, hoping they won’t realize you were never there when it really mattered and that you never valued them to begin with.

None of us are asking for a vaccine mandate that is going to leave us more shorthanded than we already are. We need more units, not less! What we are asking for, is to go home at night to our families. I can do that with Covid and it’s 99% survival rate. What I can’t survive, is a bullet in my head because once again, this office left me without a back up. And I won’t do it either!

Unregistered
    I hope it doesn't come to that, but wait until HR compiles the list of all vaccinated and unvaccinated employees. If you didn't get the vax, you will never be promoted

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast