Vaccine - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccine

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This state has 150,000 new cases
    And more than they will ever admit are vaccinated people!

Unregistered
    My aunt just died from Covid, school Teacher. It has changed my mind. Got the first shot yesterday ty
    Sorry about your aunt. However the majority of people I know have gotten the virus and had no major issues. Why would I get a vaccine after I had the virus. Also I personally know a few people who are vaccinated and still got sick with covid-19. So why are we forcing people to get vaccinated when the Pfizer vaccine is only approximately 43% affective against the Delta Variant and Moderna dropped from 97% to approximately 76%. I’m not against the vaccine. However they have a long way to go on perfecting it. And until perfection and full FDA approval no one should be forced to get the vaccine and even then you should have a choice.

Unregistered
    What’s right for you is not right for the rest of society as a whole. As a first responder you have a moral obligation to the community you serve. You are the guy who will walk into someone’s house on a call while unvaccinated and carrying the virus and you will transmit it to unsuspecting victims, witnesses and subjects. If you have a conscience, you will drive today to a medical center and get that vaccine. Trust me, it is just a prick, it does not hurt. If you think it through you will agree. Best of luck to you.

If you call the police, make sure that you're vaccinated and wearing a mask. Those things do work, don't they?

Unregistered
    Let’s see what you say when they write you up for not wearing a mask per the Directors order.

The mask is worn on calls for service. Mandating a vaccine? Let's see what they do when 30-50% of the work force doesn't show up to work. They can't handle the call volume as it is. Good luck with that

Unregistered
    The mask is worn on calls for service. Mandating a vaccine? Let's see what they do when 30-50% of the work force doesn't show up to work. They can't handle the call volume as it is. Good luck with that
    Little doggie 🐶 you are all bark and no bite. Director give these dogs a rabies shot pls

Unregistered
    Don’t show up for work, that’s better for everyone

Unregistered
    If you call the police, make sure that you're vaccinated and wearing a mask. Those things do work, don't they?
    Exactly my point worry about your damm self and stop trying to force others! If your vaccinated stop worrying about the unvaccinated.

Unregistered

Watch out County here come the law suits

According to (Daniel Horowitz 2021),

“Although Florida has been largely free of state-based COVID restrictions and never had a mask mandate, several counties, such as Alachua, zealously instituted unconstitutional regulations until fairly recently. In a landmark ruling, Florida's First District Court of Appeals ruled that a lower court had erred in tossing out the lawsuit against Alachua County's mask mandate because it should be held as presumptively unconstitutional.”

"Based on what the supreme court has told us about the scope of article I, section 23, Green (and anyone else in Alachua County) reasonably could expect autonomy over his body, including his face, which means that he was correct to claim an entitlement to be let alone and free from intrusion by Alachua County's commission chairman," Judge Adam Scott Tanenbaum, an appointee of Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), wrote. "The mask mandate, then, implicated the right of privacy. According to*Gainesville Woman Care, the mask mandate was*presumptively*unconstitutional as a result."

This language is very significant because it's the first time a judge is using the principle of bodily autonomy to affirm a constitutional right not to have one's breathing restricted. The lawsuit was originally brought last May by Justin Green, a Gainesville business owner, but he was denied an injunction against the mandate by Eighth Judicial Circuit Judge Donna Keim.

There are several very striking elements about this ruling, which will reverberate throughout the country even as the mask mandates officially expire. Defendants had argued that the mandate is now moot given the orders of the governor requiring all counties to end their mandates. However, the judge noted in a footnote, "Because of the nature of the various emergency orders that we have seen and the county's continued commitment to public mask wearing, we are not convinced that this is the last that we will see of this issue."

In other words, you can't have a gross violation of the most fundamental rights hanging over our heads at any time and somehow suggest that we have no recourse to eliminate it. "We conclude, then, that this case fits within the exception to the mootness doctrine, which is for controversies that are capable of repetition, yet evading review," presciently observed Judge Tanenbaum.

The judge also recognized that the pretext for these "fiats" and "diktats" is rooted in abuse of emergency powers, which can be repeated at any moment:
    It would behoove the trial court also to consider that while article I, section 23 "was not intended to provide an absolute guarantee against all governmental intrusion into the private life of an individual,"*Fla. Bd. of Bar Exam'rs re Applicant, 443 So. 2d 71, 74 (Fla. 1983), 'even in a pandemic, the Constitution cannot be put away and forgotten.'*Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn v. Cuomo, 141 S. Ct. 63, 68 (2020). And there is this warning from William Pitt the Younger, roughly paraphrasing a similar sentiment in John Milton's*Paradise Lost: 'Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.'
    Drawing on precedent from the state's supreme court, the judge ruled that bodily autonomy is a fundamental right.

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/arch...onstitutional/

Unregistered
    765.102 Legislative findings and intent.—
    (1) The Legislature finds that every competent adult has the fundamental right of self-determination regarding decisions pertaining to his or her own health, including the right to choose or refuse medical treatment. This right is subject to certain interests of society, such as the protection of human life and the preservation of ethical standards in the medical profession.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast