0 1 1 - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 0 1 1

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So what do you think of the County's offer? Especially with properties so high. Property taxes should be nice.
    I don’t know what everyone was expecting. I don’t know what sweetheart deal the PBA thought the County was going to offer either. Lots of people have been saying for a long time that we weren’t going to get anything. We will see what the final contract turns out to be, but I won’t be holding my breath.

Unregistered
    I can’t help but feel a snow job coming on.

Here’s why I make that statement: years ago you (Steadman) wrote to us and told us that Gimenez recognized our worth and would give us a raise accordingly. He gave a 1% across the board for 3 years and you asked us fir an affirmative vote.

Most recently, you wrote us and said that the mayor sent her top staff members which you claimed as an indication that she was taking our services and the negotiations seriously. You also said the county was flush with money. But, you said they needed to cost things out and didn’t know when they would get back to us. Well, it obviously didn’t take long to offer us that garbage contract. Now, you claim to be angry. So, what are you going to do? You’re certainly not going to get more than the other unions And you don’t have the political muscle. Remember how you picked the wrong candidate for mayor and if that wasn’t bad enough, you embarrassed the now mayor with a moronic letter that went public. Sure you’ve taken your signature pictures with her as if all was rosy.

Your history is a clear indication that you neither posses the skill to fight nor have the backbone to do so. Maybe the 0-1-1 is the best we will do under the circumstances. Every time I drive past the PBA building the yellow columns serves to remin us of the yellow streak down your backs.

Surely, your rhetoric will be a bit stronger because you are up for re-election but should you secure your spot again the rhetoric will disappear and business as usual at the PBA.

Unregistered
    As you know, we met with the Mayor's negotiation team this afternoon for a collective bargaining session. The meeting did not go well.

Since the beginning of this bargaining cycle, I stressed to the County that especially this year; after your exemplary dealing with COVID, and subsequently the Surfside tragedy; and in light of all of the funding the County received for those two disasters in addition to the economy coming back and property taxes increasing more than the County thought they would, monetary increases was how I viewed they would appreciate your service.

I am embarrassed to tell you that the Mayor's proposal for wage increases over the next three years (beginning last October 1) was a 0, 1, 1. You are not misreading that. It is not a typo. The County has offered a ZERO percent for this fiscal year, ONE percent for the 2021-2022 fiscal year, and ONE percent for the 2022-2023 fiscal year.

I cannot express to you how angry I was, and I did not hold back with my comments about how offensive their offer was to you. We left the room very shortly thereafter.

Make no mistake, this is just the beginning. We hope that the Mayor and her team will revisit their misguided offer of 0, 1, 1, and come back with a revised offer that properly and respectably compensates you for your truly selfless unwavering support to this community day in and day out.

We will keep you posted as we continue to fight for you.

Steadman Stahl
    Hello Steadman-
    Unlike most here on this wonderful board of misinformation, allow me to personal thank the PBA for their efforts as I'm confident that the PBA is placed in an unwinnable position whenever anyone anonymously post anything on this board.

If I may interject; the initial offer may not sound as bad as initially offered. Granted the core inflation rate is running at approximately 7% during the next 24 months and the 2% raise would essentially mean we are taking a pay cut, but as I see it, this is just a beginning. If Steadman and his hard working crew can get us anywhere near 7% for the totality of our contract, then this means we are breaking even and not giving back anything as we did in prior contracts. Lets face reality and we all have to admit that the entire economy has been turned upside down, many are out of work, the added property payroll taxes are generally capped at 3% each year for most real estate holdings and most importantly, citizens just hate cops. I say, stay safe, stay healthy, stay united and retire as quickly as you can!

Unregistered
    Hello Steadman-
    Unlike most here on this wonderful board of misinformation, allow me to personal thank the PBA for their efforts as I'm confident that the PBA is placed in an unwinnable position whenever anyone anonymously post anything on this board.

If I may interject; the initial offer may not sound as bad as initially offered. Granted the core inflation rate is running at approximately 7% during the next 24 months and the 2% raise would essentially mean we are taking a pay cut, but as I see it, this is just a beginning. If Steadman and his hard working crew can get us anywhere near 7% for the totality of our contract, then this means we are breaking even and not giving back anything as we did in prior contracts. Lets face reality and we all have to admit that the entire economy has been turned upside down, many are out of work, the added property payroll taxes are generally capped at 3% each year for most real estate holdings and most importantly, citizens just hate cops. I say, stay safe, stay healthy, stay united and retire as quickly as you can!
    7% !? You’re kidding right? We won’t even get half of that? Not in the Anti-Police era.

Unregistered
    I had ZERO expectations that we (the PBA) would get any money to speak of, regardless of the reason. So, with my ZERO expectation then came ZERO disappointment.
    I also don’t think the pension issue will be retired or health insurance be reduced. Expect nothing and you won’t be disappointed.

Unregistered
    its funny to see people with a high school diploma and a fat pension for life complain about a raise. most of you make over $100k to sip coffee and respond late to calls. go see how the real world works and get back to me

Unregistered
    its funny to see people with a high school diploma and a fat pension for life complain about a raise. most of you make over $100k to sip coffee and respond late to calls. go see how the real world works and get back to me
    Please keep your online statement accurate...Most of us are making more than 100K per year.

Unregistered
    Stop hating and apply already

Unregistered

Arrow

I can’t help but feel a snow job coming on.

Here’s why I make that statement: years ago you (Steadman) wrote to us and told us that Gimenez recognized our worth and would give us a raise accordingly. He gave a 1% across the board for 3 years and you asked us fir an affirmative vote.

Most recently, you wrote us and said that the mayor sent her top staff members which you claimed as an indication that she was taking our services and the negotiations seriously. You also said the county was flush with money. But, you said they needed to cost things out and didn’t know when they would get back to us. Well, it obviously didn’t take long to offer us that garbage contract. Now, you claim to be angry. So, what are you going to do? You’re certainly not going to get more than the other unions And you don’t have the political muscle. Remember how you picked the wrong candidate for mayor and if that wasn’t bad enough, you embarrassed the now mayor with a moronic letter that went public. Sure you’ve taken your signature pictures with her as if all was rosy.

Your history is a clear indication that you neither posses the skill to fight nor have the backbone to do so. Maybe the 0-1-1 is the best we will do under the circumstances. Every time I drive past the PBA building the yellow columns serves to remin us of the yellow streak down your backs.

Surely, your rhetoric will be a bit stronger because you are up for re-election but should you secure your spot again the rhetoric will disappear and business as usual at the PBA.
    Thanks for the memories when Gimenez did his divide and conquer move between rookie and senior officers. I was yelling from the rafters trying to get the rookies to realize we would all pay at the end but they voted "yes" to that bs deal anyway. Well, here we are getting shafted again. I hope you rookies have room for the new pipe, cause it's going to run long. Me? I saw the writing on the wall and I'll be leaving soon enough. Good luck.

Unregistered
    You’re right. I make $150k with just my high school diploma and I am happy with that. A little raise wouldn’t hurt… I mean then again any shitty old house in the 3o5 is selling over $600k, so yeah it would be nice to get a raise. Remember here mommas boy… without my details and overtime (time away from home and family) I’ll be taking home a shitty $45k. Learn some math and please no pickles on my burger thank you.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast