Resign vs termination - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It doesn't matter if you resign or allow them to fire you. When they send your paperwork to FDLE, after you resign, it will show that you resign during an investigation. Even though, by that time, a majority of deputies, have gotten their notice from IA, that their investigation is completed. So, your screwed either way.
    “Screwed either way.”

“Lose or lose.”

“Set up to fail.”

“No good deed….”

The theme of our career

We are the governments fall guys.

So many of you are still such fools. You still buy into the academy programing. Honor and all that crap. If our government wanted real solutions, they would implement real solutions with real systems and not…… Just simply send a cop.

Unregistered
    Example: Our most recent School shooter.
    Who did they blame?

1. The SRO, the sheriff, the AR15, and the deputies that did not use their psychic powers or 8 year psychotherapy degree on baker act evaluations the 20-30 times they were dispatched to his house long before the shooting? Our fault?

Or

2. Our States lack of a real mental health system? Our lame “stabilization units” AKA revolving door baker act units, a lack of long term care, a lack of institutionalization. The fact that this moron state de-institutionalized long ago. Their fault?

What’s the point of red flags? What’s the point of early warning systems? For what? To send us? To do what? There are no laws giving us any power to do anything. Some kid goes to school and reads gun magazines. Not illegal. No course of action.

Their solution? Wait for shiit to hit the fan then blame, fire, charge, tar, feather, and humiliate a few cops to make thinks LOOK RIGHT.

FOOLS!

EXPENDABLE FOOL!

Unregistered
    Seems the agency always lets its deputies resign “in leu” of dismissal. Why is that? From a citizen standpoint, its to look out for us. I don’t agree. From a deputy standpoint, there is something the agency benefits from by letting deputies resign instead of firing us.

Why not just let them take it all the way and fire us?

I know the pros of resigning over dismissal, but how about we discuss the pros of not letting them make us resign? The pros of getting fired.

I don’t know about you but I want my unemployment money! Especially while recovering from the years of being mentally drained to passed burnout.

Being that this agency, this county, this state, our citizens, and this current time has put a terrible taste in my mouth about this career, so I would NEVER return to a LEO career. getting fired from here would not matter.

Besides this work history is worthless. A new career in the private sector would mean a real fresh start. As if you had no work history. 15 years old all over again. See another scam with this career is that this skill set is WORTHLESS in the private sector. Unless you want to be a security guard. With all the stuff this agency makes us take on, you would think we would have a higher value out there. We don’t, so it’s a fresh new start. We literally need nothing from this agency to restart.

At many other agencies, patrol is just that…. Patrol. Patrolling, high visibility, crime prevention, crime deterrence, traffic, traffic stops, citations, parking, and quick investigations. That’s why private sector investigative careers involving bank fraud investigations, insurance fraud investigations require years of detective experience.
    However, here at the clever HCSO, our patrol deputies are the solution to the mental health crisis, homeless crisis, and addiction crisis. Our deputies work fraud crimes, we interview sex crimes victims and abused children instead of trained detectives from specific units being called out. We write pages and pages and pages of investigative reports. Ever work a business burglary or robbery from start to finish while processing your own scene, pulling your own videos, and conducting all the interviews? Meanwhile there are agencies where detective units fully take over these cases and free patrol deputies. We handle so much that we can not master anything. Only to burn out, resign, and become worthless in the private sector because all we do is “drive around and pull people over”. That’s what they think.

I say, I’m worthless in the real world either way. Fired or resigned.

Besides, we have hit a point where people know how screwed up policing is and I’m willing to bet that they will believe us when we explain what BS this job is. Not like they would be too critical on us. We would be applying for a security guard job anyway.

Who cares what method is used to get rid of the worthless pos!! We all know who you are! I am glad when those types are gone and I no longer have to work with those dangerous/sorry azzholes.

FUKC THOSE LOSERS!!!!!

Unregistered
    Who is the dumbass? Skyrocketing inflation, COVID infected immigrants pouring unchecked into the country, civil unrest, lawlessness, the list goes on and on. Who is the friggin dumbass? You are not a cop. If you are, God help us
    Nice deflection and highjacking of the discussion.

Unregistered
    Nice deflection and highjacking of the discussion.
    Typical Biden response.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12