Deputy to citizen ratio - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I started in 1987, it was 1.5 deputies per 1000. It has gone down. It was never 2.5 my entire career.
    Different time back then. Shop lift reports were stand alone CRA’s, no 730 reports they were handled by the state, no civil gun removals, no mandatory DV arrest or reporting, patrol did no alerts, no daily newspapers to the brass, no checks of people that should be in prison like offenders, no fluff. Not to mention the liberal people that have recently flooded this state are helpless city mentality millennials. Back then if a tree fell in the road, nobody would call us. If they did, by the time we got there, your local men would have already dragged that tree off the road with their 4x4’s or cut it up with chain saws. Local farmers were our back up. Now, most everybody just wants free handouts with us deputies as the face of the county acting as therapists, quasai parents, pseudo psychologists with the baker act as the answer to all insanity, and social workers. WHILE not supported, hated, less than half staffed, and burned out. ****a this job

Unregistered
    I would love to see the stats from the 80’s. Not really sure if Mr 1987 quoting numbers is accurate. What’s the source?

Unregistered
    I would love to see the stats from the 80’s. Not really sure if Mr 1987 quoting numbers is accurate. What’s the source?
    Why don't you look it up yourself and report your findings, and verifiable source(s), here?

Unregistered
    It wasn’t that important for me to spend the time, thought someone who had already looked it up and had an available resource could help. You sound like a grump old slug I use to work with, always had such a shi ty attitude, work ethos, and life. I feel bad for those those stuck working with you, and if my gosh, the family you live with. Thank you for your hard work, oh wait, been a long time since you have done that.

Unregistered
    It wasn’t that important for me to spend the time, thought someone who had already looked it up and had an available resource could help. You sound like a grump old slug I use to work with, always had such a shi ty attitude, work ethos, and life. I feel bad for those those stuck working with you, and if my gosh, the family you live with. Thank you for your hard work, oh wait, been a long time since you have done that.
    Could be anyone. Many have woken up from the BS academy programming and chose to only give it 100% instead of 300% to burnout chasing that unobtainable dangling carrot. You call them slugs, I call them people that chose to put themselves first instead of staying late every morning to compensate for this agency’s failure to properly staff and deploy us. Ration your mental energy. 30 years is a long time.

Unregistered
    Different time back then. Shop lift reports were stand alone CRA’s, no 730 reports they were handled by the state, no civil gun removals, no mandatory DV arrest or reporting, patrol did no alerts, no daily newspapers to the brass, no checks of people that should be in prison like offenders, no fluff. Not to mention the liberal people that have recently flooded this state are helpless city mentality millennials. Back then if a tree fell in the road, nobody would call us. If they did, by the time we got there, your local men would have already dragged that tree off the road with their 4x4’s or cut it up with chain saws. Local farmers were our back up. Now, most everybody just wants free handouts with us deputies as the face of the county acting as therapists, quasai parents, pseudo psychologists with the baker act as the answer to all insanity, and social workers. WHILE not supported, hated, less than half staffed, and burned out. ****a this job
    Oh, all the new social media a internet complaints we never used to deal with because parents catch their teenager skank daughters slutting around online and it all of a sudden becomes a police matter. Right because civil citations and JAAP plus taking a cop off the street for hours and hours to write long reports containing stories about how much of a skank your daughters are will solve the problem. These should be CID direct walk in or by appointment only cases. If anything.

Unregistered
    Blind loyal tool. I been retired a long while. I’m not the only one that saw this job for what it really is. I’m sure the newer “slugs” fell the same way.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234