K-9 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K-9

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lol PL is probably the most solid supervisor to walk the halls of HPD. The guy is top notch in all aspects of police work and supervisory roles. He takes care of his guys and speaks up when he needs to, unlike other Company men.

Only cares about his swat guys.

Unregistered
    As a K9 handler from another city, I can tell you first hand that the job is a lot more stressful and rewarding than you think. The stress is not only the months of BASIC school training, and the continued weekly/daily training, but also knowing that you can be sued, shot/stabbed, or lose your partner at any time. It's also the fact that your specialized job is a privilege that can be taken away at anytime, and usually starting out with the phrase "we're heading in a different direction". I'm not even gonna get into the detection training/certification aspect. The reward comes when all that training, preparation and upkeep finds the bad guy, or how kids enjoy seeing your dog perform what they've been taught.

In my 20 years in K9, I've rarely ever heard anyone leaving this specialized unit until the past two or 3 years. The department I was in, to include several surrounding agencies, began to micromanage and try to re-invent the wheel (so-to speak) by placing a supervisor in charge that lacked any knowledge or experience in the field of K9. My last Captain felt the need to babysit us during training and would only speak negative comments to our Sergeant, but act like he's your best friend to your face. Of course, this training day also afforded him the opportunity to talk to his "side *****" at the same time. I digress... In a neighboring city, their K9 Sergeant decided to no longer allow their unit to train with other cities. Makes sense, right???? NOT!!! On a side note. BSO K9 has always had that aura surrounding them that they are better than any city agency and will not accept their assistance on any calls or participation in any of their training.

Most of the people they rotate into supervising any unit, is just another box they can check off on a future resume. They read up on a few articles written by some cop in podunk Arkansas, and feel as though they know everything. After the 2 or 3 year window of supervising a unit, they're off trying to re-invent the wheel again in another. Meanwhile, the unit they left, is now being supervised by another micromanager that only knows what they've read, and wants things done their way.

If the Chief of Police anywhere doesn't see that constantly having an inexperienced person in a stressful and in one of your highest liability units as a problem, He/She may have a big problem down the road.
    Boohoo. shut up you f'ng "Headcase"

Unregistered
    Boohoo. shut up you f'ng "Headcase"
    Better have the supervisor of every shift carry around the City checkbook then.

Unregistered
    Can’t wait to see who they put in K9.

Unregistered
    Delusional or idiot ? Either way, please shut up and move on.

Unregistered
    Delusional or idiot ? Either way, please shut up and move on.
    If these Cro-magnon responses are your only defense, you may wanna consider the checkbook scenario. Some cities around the country have been doing this for years. It absolves future million dollar lawsuits once they cash that check.

Unregistered
    If these Cro-magnon responses are your only defense, you may wanna consider the checkbook scenario. Some cities around the country have been doing this for years. It absolves future million dollar lawsuits once they cash that check.
    Really ? "Some cities". Okay, who and where ? Your a self centered full of s@#t crybaby

Unregistered
    Really ? "Some cities". Okay, who and where ? Your a self centered full of s@#t crybaby
    Sounds like someone got there feelings hurt. K9 is a mess right now. Things will get better but it takes time. Not everyone can handle the dog and the responsibility of the dog.

Unregistered
    Danny McElory is so hot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12