I do not feel S.E.T. Officers should quit the unit.

Unregistered

I do not feel S.E.T. Officers should quit the unit.

After watching the video footage from the incident I feel like any officer would have gotten spanked for the actions taken. Secondly I don’t think the call stemmed from a situation set created. On top of that, some of you just want to stick it to the chief and used the SET team to do it. If it’s that bad, why not formally resign? I don’t see how staying or leaving will benefit our brothers. Those Rookies on S.E.T. do need more training. Sgts also. We must learn from this.

Unregistered
    You are obviously a full retard. first of all They are stupid to even be on the SET Team during these times. To stay on this team is a career ending decision. I have said it time and time again someone was going to get clipped. I was wrong 5 of them got clipped. I say get off the SET team you have now been shown that the chief and the command staff do not have your back.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    After watching the video footage from the incident I feel like any officer would have gotten spanked for the actions taken. Secondly I don’t think the call stemmed from a situation set created. On top of that, some of you just want to stick it to the chief and used the SET team to do it. If it’s that bad, why not formally resign? I don’t see how staying or leaving will benefit our brothers. Those Rookies on S.E.T. do need more training. Sgts also. We must learn from this.
    Sounds like you have either retired or are not former MBPD officer. Let me clear it up for you- It’s common knowledge that this did NOT stem from a SET call, it’s stemmed from a crazy command staff member worried about an illegally parked scooter. Driver of said scooter was confronted and fled, running over an officer on a bicycle, who is now on crutches. And they should get off that SET team after the chief repeatedly told them to go out and be proactive and he has their backs. The veteran officers of this Dept knew this would not be the case.
    And most of us who wish we could walk out tomorrow and not come back don’t have a choice- we need our retirement that we have worked so hard for and can’t just “formally resign”. We have families to take care of and our retirement is what we have to do that.
    Hopefully this sheds a little light on the dark corner you are sitting in. If anyone is mad at the chief it’s mostly because of his encouragement to be proactive to that group of mostly new officers, and the fact that he threw them all under the us to the media and the SAO before ANY formal investigative process was done. Him looking at BWC is hardly a full investigation. And he should have said that there will be no comments til the whole thing is wrapped up. He fed the monsters instead.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sounds like you have either retired or are not former MBPD officer. Let me clear it up for you- It’s common knowledge that this did NOT stem from a SET call, it’s stemmed from a crazy command staff member worried about an illegally parked scooter. Driver of said scooter was confronted and fled, running over an officer on a bicycle, who is now on crutches. And they should get off that SET team after the chief repeatedly told them to go out and be proactive and he has their backs. The veteran officers of this Dept knew this would not be the case.
    And most of us who wish we could walk out tomorrow and not come back don’t have a choice- we need our retirement that we have worked so hard for and can’t just “formally resign”. We have families to take care of and our retirement is what we have to do that.
    Hopefully this sheds a little light on the dark corner you are sitting in. If anyone is mad at the chief it’s mostly because of his encouragement to be proactive to that group of mostly new officers, and the fact that he threw them all under the us to the media and the SAO before ANY formal investigative process was done. Him looking at BWC is hardly a full investigation. And he should have said that there will be no comments til the whole thing is wrapped up. He fed the monsters instead.
    For once! This reply should speak volumes to all. I totally agree. I spoke to some members to offer advice.

Unregistered
    LOL you stay in set genius... DOJ civil rights division is comming for you.... you have no idea the side effects of the koolaid you drank. You think it is over? LOL it has just begun..... Federal civil rights investigations are comming for all of you....that's just the beginning. You sold your souls for good days off..... you will have everyday off soon if you are dumb enough to stay in that unit. Stay , you are right LOL stay in set show us how intelligent you are and how loyal you are to your comrades that were just destroyed

Unregistered
    Suckers and fools sure look a lot alike.

Unregistered
    In today's world, NOT one single police Administrator or city Official will back they're police force when an incident appears questionable after dealing with a black subject.
    Let's go back in time, (05-30-2020) Chief Clements along side other local Police Chiefs took a knee in front of a large (BLM) support group. At the request of then city Manager Morales, "Black Lives Matter" started flashing across the display board at the Fillmore.

You have to adapt to the times we're living in.
    Three rules of being a good police officer in today's world:

(1) Be on time to work
    (2) Be in full uniform
    (3) Handle your assigned calls

That simple!

Good luck & God Bless

Unregistered

Aclu doj fdle you name it

Wait until the DOJ fed civil rights division starts probing into the stat driven brass and the programs .....you know exactly how far and how deep this will go and how much jeopardy the proactive brass is in soon. PJ3 is peanuts to what is comming . Not just the top brass but some mission specific lieutenants might need some professional representation.