In the Process for Orlando Office
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

In the Process for Orlando Office

Hello Everyone,

Ive been reviewing some of the old/recent threads on ABT to get an idea of the agency and I see there is a lot of negativity. What I know from experience you can't make everyone happy. I realize ABT isn't a high speed police agency, and more of regulatory work/investigations.
    I have a few questions if anyone can answer them for me.

Rumors on threads about civilianizing ABT Agents/LE investigators? (last thing I would hate is get on the job and now defunding/paycuts/ losing LE title/benefits).
    How does the work schedule work in Orlando, is there a set hours of operation or is it needs of the agency, or depending on the type of investigation/assignment? heard something about 160 hours in 28 days, how does that actually work.
    is there CAD, like other agencies get in order to stay competitive on salaries?
    Vehicle take-home policy/usage?
    any Off Duty OT/Details like other Police Agencies or pay increase for FY 2022?
    An example of a typical day in the Orlando Office as a LEII.
    Best things and worse things about ABT

Thank you in advance.

Unregistered
    Also please advise on the agency's health insurance program (what they charge per Pay period, copays etc) I'm figuring since the pay isn't the greatest they would have decent to very good health benefits
    thank you

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Ive been reviewing some of the old/recent threads on ABT to get an idea of the agency and I see there is a lot of negativity. What I know from experience you can't make everyone happy. I realize ABT isn't a high speed police agency, and more of regulatory work/investigations.
    RI have a few questions if anyone can answer them for me.

Rumors on threads about civilianizing ABT Agents/LE investigators? (last thing I would hate is get on the job and now defunding/paycuts/ losing LE title/benefits).
    How does the work schedule work in Orlando, is there a set hours of operation or is it needs of the agency, or depending on the type of investigation/assignment? heard something about 160 hours in 28 days, how does that actually work.
    is there CAD, like other agencies get in order to stay competitive on salaries?
    Vehicle take-home policy/usage?
    any Off Duty OT/Details like other Police Agencies or pay increase for FY 2022?
    An example of a typical day in the Orlando Office as a LEII.
    Best things and worse things about ABT

Thank you in advance.
    First, don't believe the tripe you read here. The same 8 disgruntled former employees post regularly along with a few current ones. What you read is mostly satire or fantasy.
    The agency isn't going away. We are hiring people now and that will continue.
    You work when you need to work. We work a weekend a month at night and the rest of the time your work days and time are dictated your the needs of the office and your complaints. There is no shift work or rotations.
    There is no CAD in Orlando for ABT. Salaries are not competitive in state government.
    You get a take home car but off duty use is strict and limited.
    We get the same pay raises as other state employees. Pay raises are granted by the legislature. Don't plan on a raise in 2022.
    There is no typical day. Every day is different and the needs can change quickly. Plan on working beverage law violations. Take a look at chapters 561-569 and toss in some chapter 210 for clues on what we do.
    Off duty is available but not until you are off probation.
    The best thing is the flexibility and freedom of movement. In Orlando you cover a bunch of counties. Rural and metro. A nice mix.
    Health insurance costs 45 a week for families and less for individuals. You are paid every other Friday. This really isn't a standard police agency and civilian oversight is a fact of life. We are less than 130 total sworn. The department has about 1,800 employees so we are here for a very specific purpose. Regulatory work within the alcohol and tobacco industry.
    It is a great job but isn't for everyone. You need to be flexible and focused.

Unregistered
    Keep looking this place sucks!!

Unregistered
    What is policy today is not policy today , keep up or your in trouble

Unregistered
    Do yourself a favor and walk away now the director already said they will be cutting jobs again next year. (Fact)

Unregistered
    Don’t come here. Whoever wrote that post is obviously a supervisor in denial. They want shifts. They tried and it failed and we lost half our staff. Now there requiring one wekeend of nights a month that will slowly transition back to shifts.

This used to be the best hidden secret in state law enforcement. Now it’s the worse. Go to insurance fraud. You’ll never work nights and your at least appreciated.

Unregistered
    Don’t come here. Whoever wrote that post is obviously a supervisor in denial. They want shifts. They tried and it failed and we lost half our staff. Now there requiring one wekeend of nights a month that will slowly transition back to shifts.

This used to be the best hidden secret in state law enforcement. Now it’s the worse. Go to insurance fraud. You’ll never work nights and your at least appreciated.
    Our CURRENT administration tried to give half of our agency a death sentence this month! Click this link for proof:

http://floridaleadsbudget.com/web%20...fication&ver=1

Since it failed they are trying to cover it up and act as though nothing happened while telling select people that they will try again next year. Are there any sheriffs or chiefs trying to destroy their own agencies and would you want to work there if there were. Don’t come here unless nobody else will hire you. That’s all we manage to get anyway now the rejects.

Unregistered
    The 130 sworn isn't eve close. We are authorized about 105 sworn and are down to about 70 sworn statewide with a few more in the hopper to leave and/or retire.

Unregistered
    Our CURRENT administration tried to give half of our agency a death sentence this month! Click this link for proof:

http://floridaleadsbudget.com/web%20...fication&ver=1

Since it failed they are trying to cover it up and act as though nothing happened while telling select people that they will try again next year. Are there any sheriffs or chiefs trying to destroy their own agencies and would you want to work there if there were. Don’t come here unless nobody else will hire you. That’s all we manage to get anyway now the rejects.
    That doesn't look too promising, if that true. I was told by some State LE that Desantis supposed to increase LE budget because we have Florida State LE at the border and he was told Florida has the lowest paid for State LE, and wasn't aware. not sure if true though.

So if this happens during next FY this that are Sworn will take a pay cut and get civilianized or they have to transfer to another office?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast