Lateral from Miami-Dade Police - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Your prior experience means absolutely nothing here. Please do not take it as an insult. Our own experience means absolutely nothing here. Mastery, skill level, performance, detailed thorough reports, efficiency, commendations, and so on…. Might just get you a street crimes, or property detective gig, or maybe a CRD slot if you are lucky at this agency. One way or another, you are still on the chess board as a pawn ready to be killed or sacrificed at any time. The sweet spots are all reserved. Reserved for the same patronizing morons that say, “H worked at the HCSO 40 years and loved every minute”. Yeah right. What was the ratio of patrol/detective time vs administrative.

Who you know and who you have the hook up with determines if you spend 90% of this career off the chess board in a cushy safe spot. It may be busy and maybe a bit stressful, but until you know the destructive power of the constant state of being hyper vigilant and never knowing when you are going to get hurt or killed, a straight up regular job that is busy and stressful minus the first responder crap…. Is a cakewalk.

If your not coming here as one of the protected connected, it’s not worth it. Go to TPD. They seem to see their officers as humans and not liabilities.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your prior experience means absolutely nothing here. Please do not take it as an insult. Our own experience means absolutely nothing here. Mastery, skill level, performance, detailed thorough reports, efficiency, commendations, and so on…. Might just get you a street crimes, or property detective gig, or maybe a CRD slot if you are lucky at this agency. One way or another, you are still on the chess board as a pawn ready to be killed or sacrificed at any time. The sweet spots are all reserved. Reserved for the same patronizing morons that say, “H worked at the HCSO 40 years and loved every minute”. Yeah right. What was the ratio of patrol/detective time vs administrative.

Who you know and who you have the hook up with determines if you spend 90% of this career off the chess board in a cushy safe spot. It may be busy and maybe a bit stressful, but until you know the destructive power of the constant state of being hyper vigilant and never knowing when you are going to get hurt or killed, a straight up regular job that is busy and stressful minus the first responder crap…. Is a cakewalk.

If your not coming here as one of the protected connected, it’s not worth it. Go to TPD. They seem to see their officers as humans and not liabilities.

Hey, OP, don't listen to this whiner. I retired as a Sgt after 30 years a few years ago. ALL my time was in patrol and I DID love it. This is a great agency and plenty of people are satisfied with their careers. Like anywhere, you have disgruntleds, and they are the squeaky wheel.on this site.

If all the previous poster wants to do is biitch about their shortcomings at work, maybe you're just not cut out to be a cop.

Unregistered
    Blacks are more racist than whites nowadays. They can say cracker and white boy without any issues but if a white person just says you people it’s the end of the world. They basically say and act like we are all goof balls with know “swag” yet they are the ones that live in roach infested government housing and act like 40 year old children.

Unregistered
    Blacks are more racist than whites nowadays. They can say cracker and white boy without any issues but if a white person just says you people it’s the end of the world. They basically say and act like we are all goof balls with know “swag” yet they are the ones that live in roach infested government housing and act like 40 year old children.

....said the racist, white trash, cracker.

Unregistered
    ....said the racist, white trash, cracker.
    Rather be a racist, white trash, cracker than a racist, black trash, monkey 🐵

Unregistered
    Hey, OP, don't listen to this whiner. I retired as a Sgt after 30 years a few years ago. ALL my time was in patrol and I DID love it. This is a great agency and plenty of people are satisfied with their careers. Like anywhere, you have disgruntleds, and they are the squeaky wheel.on this site.

If all the previous poster wants to do is biitch about their shortcomings at work, maybe you're just not cut out to be a cop.
    That’s a real cute story sarg. It don’t count. You and I both know that the position of patrol deputy and patrol supervisor are worlds apart. With a good cpl and a halfway decent squad, the patrol sgt position is one of the sweetest gigs in the agency.

You unknowingly reinforced my post and I can prove it with one simple question. You say that retired retired after 30 years “and loved it”. That means you could have retired at 25 years with full benefits, yet you stayed another 5 years. Here is my question… What if at 25 years the agency had demoted you back to patrol deputy? Full on zone work your last 5 years here. Would you have stayed another 5 years with all that HCSO love or retired? Exactly. You and I both know the true answer regardless of your fake hero response here. That’s why you can not relate to us real front line first responders.

Unregistered
    That’s a real cute story sarg. It don’t count. You and I both know that the position of patrol deputy and patrol supervisor are worlds apart. With a good cpl and a halfway decent squad, the patrol sgt position is one of the sweetest gigs in the agency.

You unknowingly reinforced my post and I can prove it with one simple question. You say that retired retired after 30 years “and loved it”. That means you could have retired at 25 years with full benefits, yet you stayed another 5 years. Here is my question… What if at 25 years the agency had demoted you back to patrol deputy? Full on zone work your last 5 years here. Would you have stayed another 5 years with all that HCSO love or retired? Exactly. You and I both know the true answer regardless of your fake hero response here. That’s why you can not relate to us real front line first responders.

Hey Junior, I didn't make Sgt til.my last few years. I was humping nights and holidays in D1 for YEARS. Just because you're a puzzy who can't take it doesn't mean we all are! Everyone's hiring, get the eff out if you can't hang.

Unregistered
    This agency is a great place to work at as long as your direct supervisors are real leaders and true law enforcement warriors. I can not say anything good about our command staff!!!
    20 years of service here and I still am not sure what happened after David Gee left. 😞

Unregistered
    Are you implying you enjoyed the Docobo years?

Unregistered
    This agency is a great place to work at as long as your direct supervisors are real leaders and true law enforcement warriors. I can not say anything good about our command staff!!!
    20 years of service here and I still am not sure what happened after David Gee left. 😞
    Amen to the good supervisors statement! That means all the difference.

Remember, people don’t quit jobs. They quit people. Too bad the good ones are leaving and these young fast trackers are flooding in. Wrapping us up in their rank chasing ladder climbing approval seeking games. While we crash and burn trying to handle the influx of population moving here, the doubling or Tripping of the mental health and addiction problem, the pandemic, the unmetered calls, the political games, the never ending reports, with half a squad and almost no mids. A few good supervisors and a paycheck are the only thing keeping most of us here. I’ve seen more people resign in the past two years than my first 10 years here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast