Lateral from Miami-Dade Police
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Lateral from Miami-Dade Police

I’m moving to Tampa from Miami and am thinking of lateraling over from MDPD to HCSO but wanted some 411 on the Sheriff there. I’ve heard mixed opinions with some saying he is a genuine good guy but leans to much toward community policing while others say he is just a hypocritical politician like the majority of department heads who pretend to care about their staff for public opinion points.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m moving to Tampa from Miami and am thinking of lateraling over from MDPD to HCSO but wanted some 411 on the Sheriff there. I’ve heard mixed opinions with some saying he is a genuine good guy but leans to much toward community policing while others say he is just a hypocritical politician like the majority of department heads who pretend to care about their staff for public opinion points.
    Your second description pretty much sums him up. Do yourself a favor and check out Tampa. Their pension is very good and 20 years and out. Good luck!

Unregistered
    Your second description pretty much sums him up. Do yourself a favor and check out Tampa. Their pension is very good and 20 years and out. Good luck!
    Same. Agreed. Go to TPD and spare yourself this circus.

Unregistered
    Same. Agreed. Go to TPD and spare yourself this circus.
    - Says the disgruntled deputy who will complain in their next post that we are too short staffed and need more deputies. Idiot.

Unregistered
    - Says the disgruntled deputy who will complain in their next post that we are too short staffed and need more deputies. Idiot.
    Says your typical superficially minded robot fool.

Tricking people into coming here only for them to waste 3-4 years of their lives and then leave to TPD anyway is not the answer.

The real answer is for our leaders to truly care, listen and stand up for us but TRULY making things on patrol better to the point where the reputation of our patrol department will naturally attract prospective deputies and naturally keep them here.

A litmus test to determine if such a thing is working correctly is that patrol can no longer be used as a punishment.

People will only want to leave patrol, not to escape it, but because they truly want to be detectives or follow a leadership path.

ALL our problems, every single one, comes from the conditions of patrol.

Hothead deputies going out starting trouble with citizens to boost traffic, citation, and arrests happens because they want to get noticed so they can ironically get away from patrol. Complaints, slugs, resignations, poor morale, all of it. Due to patrol being short, overworked, dumped on, not given specific administrative time to do some of the most scrutinized duties…. Reports.

So close your neanderthal moron cokc polisher and remember that we are human beings.

Make this job mentally sustainable. Prospective workers won’t need to be warned not to come here.

Unregistered
    It’s not a crime to walk away from a raw deal in disguise.

Unregistered
    Says your typical superficially minded robot fool.

Tricking people into coming here only for them to waste 3-4 years of their lives and then leave to TPD anyway is not the answer.

The real answer is for our leaders to truly care, listen and stand up for us but TRULY making things on patrol better to the point where the reputation of our patrol department will naturally attract prospective deputies and naturally keep them here.

A litmus test to determine if such a thing is working correctly is that patrol can no longer be used as a punishment.

People will only want to leave patrol, not to escape it, but because they truly want to be detectives or follow a leadership path.

ALL our problems, every single one, comes from the conditions of patrol.

Hothead deputies going out starting trouble with citizens to boost traffic, citation, and arrests happens because they want to get noticed so they can ironically get away from patrol. Complaints, slugs, resignations, poor morale, all of it. Due to patrol being short, overworked, dumped on, not given specific administrative time to do some of the most scrutinized duties…. Reports.

So close your neanderthal moron cokc polisher and remember that we are human beings.

Make this job mentally sustainable. Prospective workers won’t need to be warned not to come here.

That's straight from the Neanderthal moron cokc polisher!

Unregistered
    Chad is a BLM supporter. He is always marching with that big black wrestler guy and the idiot meat head from Guardians of The Galaxy movies. That sums up how much he truly cares about his deputies.

Unregistered
    Chad is a BLM supporter. He is always marching with that big black wrestler guy and the idiot meat head from Guardians of The Galaxy movies. That sums up how much he truly cares about his deputies.

As an African American Deputy, this kind of post makes me wonder if the racist who posted this calls me "brother"? Do they rely on the help and support of this big, black, meathead Deputy?

These are my thoughts when I see this crap posted. Try using that thing on your shoulders before you type or open your gaping maw.

Unregistered
    As an African American Deputy, this kind of post makes me wonder if the racist who posted this calls me "brother"? Do they rely on the help and support of this big, black, meathead Deputy?

These are my thoughts when I see this crap posted. Try using that thing on your shoulders before you type or open your gaping maw.
    Best advice I’ve seen on here in a long time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast