Praise the Lord!!! He’s gone :) - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Best speech ever… it’s time for Doug Dugan to go… great job channel 8… bet she will have him in a city position next to JB .. word is there is an opening waiting on him..
    Director of Community Empowerment

Unregistered
    Well, I respectfully disagree. He is a narcissist and is pissed he never made Chief to begin with. I think if the opportunity presented itself, he would not hesitate a second.
    Mark my words, Dugan is leaving to make room for Bennett, so he can put that final feather in his cap, Chief of Police! Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. Well, now is his chance.

Unregistered
    Melanie Bevans is on the short list

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3304460]I agree with you 10000000000000%!!! He was the only thing stopping them from their liberal policies. LB is the biggest coward in TPD history to reach such an epic level. AS bad is RD (or BD as he goes by) is just a bobble-headed yes boy.

You idiots are going to eat your words when they promote Calvin![/QUOTE

He can’t be worse than EW was….

Unregistered
    The one great thing that would be fantastic is CJ got the nod is that the entire department can share in his daily Inspirational Quotes. Yippie,,,, I can’t wait.

Unregistered
    Now that’s actually a good pick.

Unregistered
    Chief Dugan’s retirement is well needed and long overdue. His tenure as chief has been plagued by his uncontrollable temper and unstable moods. In his press release he was asked what advice would he pass onto the next Chief. His answer was baffling and hypocritical. It is the opposite of his own management style. He spoke specifically about communication and the importance of listening. Yes sir, that’s correct, but you have listen even when someone has a different viewpoint than yours. He doesn’t respect the opinion of others, especially his own staff.

Anyone one of his current staff, if they were being honest, could give a “Dugan story” where he erupts in anger, and seems to lack the self control that any police officer should have, especially the Chief. Just look at his history, he has successfully chased out some of the past great leaders because of his “my way or the highway” leadership style:

-Assistant Chief Hamlin
    -Assistant Chief Vasquez
    -Major Ron McMullen
    -Major Rodriguez

I’m sure there are several rumors as to why each one of these managers left, but anyone who has ever worked for any of them would agree that they earned the respect of the troops. It was a huge leadership deficit, when they left, one that the department has not yet recovered from.

His current staff are not afforded an opinion and have to be yes men/women. If they voice any opinion or pose a different viewpoint, their ridiculed and/or shut down. That is his fault for not putting people in those positions whom he can trust to be competent.

I will give him some credit, and truly believe he started out with good intentions however he quickly gave into the stress of the position. This caused him to quickly fall back into his bullying leadership style.

He approved SUVs for officers and approved the extra money for window tint. He didn’t have to do that. He cooperated with a generous contract, and placed the names of the fallen officers on patrol vehicles. Those are things that help morale and show that he can be decent. However there are too many examples of his losing control of himself that have taken away from all the good. It made people forget.

It also is time from A/C Bercaw to go. He is not an effective leader and has to recognize that. He has nearly zero support from his subordinates and has never earned their trust. AC Bercaw is good if you want to find the missed crossed “t”s or dotted “i”s in a pursuit package or employee evaluation but a leader he is not. He has no ability to vary from from the black and white. Situations need to be assessed on a case by case basis. You can’t make every decision by a SOP, chart, or computer screen sir. Making zero effort to have face to face with the troops shows your distant. I’m not sure you can fix that anymore.

Chief Dugan’s departure is well needed for this department’s morale to improve. As a leader he doesn’t seem to understand the concept of “service above self”. He has lost the trust, confidence, and loyalty of those he leads. Any leader is only as good as his or her team’s desire to be led by them. That was gone a long time ago. His overabundance of ego, uncontrolled temper, and arrogance will be his legacy.

Unregistered
    You apparently don't have a grasp on how bad their relationship is. Volatile is best way to describe it.

Unregistered
    I believe that JB could snap this Dept back into shape in no time at all

Unregistered
    Chief Dugan’s retirement is well needed and long overdue. His tenure as chief has been plagued by his uncontrollable temper and unstable moods. In his press release he was asked what advice would he pass onto the next Chief. His answer was baffling and hypocritical. It is the opposite of his own management style. He spoke specifically about communication and the importance of listening. Yes sir, that’s correct, but you have listen even when someone has a different viewpoint than yours. He doesn’t respect the opinion of others, especially his own staff.

Anyone one of his current staff, if they were being honest, could give a “Dugan story” where he erupts in anger, and seems to lack the self control that any police officer should have, especially the Chief. Just look at his history, he has successfully chased out some of the past great leaders because of his “my way or the highway” leadership style:

-Assistant Chief Hamlin
    -Assistant Chief Vasquez
    -Major Ron McMullen
    -Major Rodriguez

I’m sure there are several rumors as to why each one of these managers left, but anyone who has ever worked for any of them would agree that they earned the respect of the troops. It was a huge leadership deficit, when they left, one that the department has not yet recovered from.

His current staff are not afforded an opinion and have to be yes men/women. If they voice any opinion or pose a different viewpoint, their ridiculed and/or shut down. That is his fault for not putting people in those positions whom he can trust to be competent.

I will give him some credit, and truly believe he started out with good intentions however he quickly gave into the stress of the position. This caused him to quickly fall back into his bullying leadership style.

He approved SUVs for officers and approved the extra money for window tint. He didn’t have to do that. He cooperated with a generous contract, and placed the names of the fallen officers on patrol vehicles. Those are things that help morale and show that he can be decent. However there are too many examples of his losing control of himself that have taken away from all the good. It made people forget.

It also is time from A/C Bercaw to go. He is not an effective leader and has to recognize that. He has nearly zero support from his subordinates and has never earned their trust. AC Bercaw is good if you want to find the missed crossed “t”s or dotted “i”s in a pursuit package or employee evaluation but a leader he is not. He has no ability to vary from from the black and white. Situations need to be assessed on a case by case basis. You can’t make every decision by a SOP, chart, or computer screen sir. Making zero effort to have face to face with the troops shows your distant. I’m not sure you can fix that anymore.

Chief Dugan’s departure is well needed for this department’s morale to improve. As a leader he doesn’t seem to understand the concept of “service above self”. He has lost the trust, confidence, and loyalty of those he leads. Any leader is only as good as his or her team’s desire to be led by them. That was gone a long time ago. His overabundance of ego, uncontrolled temper, and arrogance will be his legacy.
    Bingo!!!!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast