CM at it again !!!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 108
 
  1. #1
    Unregistered
    Guest

    CM at it again !!!!!!!

    for those who actually care where or why your tax monies are spent, here again is another illogical move by our admin, Five years ago the NPPD got rid of the then sig sauer 9mm pistols which were in excellent condition and expensive handguns, the logic was simple, 9mm pistols were obsolete and the 40 cal glocks purchased will provide better protection and less rounds discharged in the event of a shooting. This has proven true on a couple sad occasions. Now being a recent grad of the FBI leadership course (no one fails) our ass chief cm decided that the NPPD should return to the 9mm pistol and get rid of the 40 cal. Simply and I repeat simply because that's what the FBI carries !!!! As stated prior, the 40 caliber glock is a excellent handgun, it has superior stopping power, far better than the 9mm, in fact in the unfortunate case of a involved shooting case after case proved one or two rds discharged to neutralize the assailant versus 5-6 sometime 15 9mm rds to neutralize. Just what is the logic here. Simply Ass Chief CM is running around playing junior G man. He has lost reality. 1st the tank, then the additional units within the dept, then the million or so spent on the ghost traffic unit, he wants a new station. Spend spend spend, why not he is second in charge, if the PD is called out for useless spending its Chief G on the hot seat. In regards to officer safety awareness, ass chief cm just set us back ten yrs. This is not the FBI, its a city PD, with all the negative media attn on the FBI these days, why bother. CM, the FBI is hiring, applications are online, feel free to join !!!! Chief G you still just don't get it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    for those who actually care where or why your tax monies are spent, here again is another illogical move by our admin, Five years ago the NPPD got rid of the then sig sauer 9mm pistols which were in excellent condition and expensive handguns, the logic was simple, 9mm pistols were obsolete and the 40 cal glocks purchased will provide better protection and less rounds discharged in the event of a shooting. This has proven true on a couple sad occasions. Now being a recent grad of the FBI leadership course (no one fails) our ass chief cm decided that the NPPD should return to the 9mm pistol and get rid of the 40 cal. Simply and I repeat simply because that's what the FBI carries !!!! As stated prior, the 40 caliber glock is a excellent handgun, it has superior stopping power, far better than the 9mm, in fact in the unfortunate case of a involved shooting case after case proved one or two rds discharged to neutralize the assailant versus 5-6 sometime 15 9mm rds to neutralize. Just what is the logic here. Simply Ass Chief CM is running around playing junior G man. He has lost reality. 1st the tank, then the additional units within the dept, then the million or so spent on the ghost traffic unit, he wants a new station. Spend spend spend, why not he is second in charge, if the PD is called out for useless spending its Chief G on the hot seat. In regards to officer safety awareness, ass chief cm just set us back ten yrs. This is not the FBI, its a city PD, with all the negative media attn on the FBI these days, why bother. CM, the FBI is hiring, applications are online, feel free to join !!!! Chief G you still just don't get it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Apparently, you do not keep up with the latest ballistic studies. The FBI conducted a study on 9mm vs 40 caliber as well as FDLE. Many other agencies across the country and the military have conducted similar studies. As a result, over the past several years, agencies have been flocking back to the 9mm pistol based upon those studies. Also part of the studies involved officer involved shootings. They found more rounds and shot placement to be more important than a larger round, that coupled with the fact the difference between a 9mm and 40 cal are extremely minute. Further, the cost of ammo for 9mm is also cheaper. With the trade-in prices being at all time highs this was a no brainer. In the end, the department will save money and have brand new equipment. It sounds like someone maybe should do their homework a little more.

  3. #3
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Apparently, you do not keep up with the latest ballistic studies. The FBI conducted a study on 9mm vs 40 caliber as well as FDLE. Many other agencies across the country and the military have conducted similar studies. As a result, over the past several years, agencies have been flocking back to the 9mm pistol based upon those studies. Also part of the studies involved officer involved shootings. They found more rounds and shot placement to be more important than a larger round, that coupled with the fact the difference between a 9mm and 40 cal are extremely minute. Further, the cost of ammo for 9mm is also cheaper. With the trade-in prices being at all time highs this was a no brainer. In the end, the department will save money and have brand new equipment. It sounds like someone maybe should do their homework a little more.
    the FBI conducted a study, case closed

  4. #4
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    the FBI conducted a study, case closed

    Apparently not only did someone NOT do their homework but reading comprehension appears to be a problem. A lot of other agencies and the military did studies as well.

  5. #5
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Apparently not only did someone NOT do their homework but reading comprehension appears to be a problem. A lot of other agencies and the military did studies as well.
    Again your ignorance gets the best of you, I read it and do understand, its merely a spin. As to the original post, wanna be FBI and here it is a reference to a FBI study. I believe the study was in reference to what FBI agents carry, not city cops. Your reference to a 9mm being nearly the same as a 40 cal, well I will call you just misinformed . For quite some time there has been and to some extent still is a major shortage of 9mm and the price skyrocketed, but there was no shortage of 40 cal . In addition why would any agency boast that its acceptable to discharge numerous rounds to neutralize a suspect utilizing a 9mm when time after time it has proven that a 40 cal has more knockdown power that a nine. What's next water pistols with colored dye. A 40 cal SW is more powerful than a nine and expands on contact a 9mm can if it does not hit a vital or bone has passed thru and struck others and in some cases wounded or killed innocents. If you had bothered to research the military utilizing 9mm, one of the biggest reasons its more of a gender neutral gun in regards to weight and the ability to handle and shoot. You can spin this any way you want, but please refrain from your reading comprehension comments and I will refrain from any references to GED's !!!!!
    A 40 cal SW rd is much more superior in a street confrontation than a 9mm and that has been proven time after time in actual live fire encounters.

  6. #6
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Again your ignorance gets the best of you, I read it and do understand, its merely a spin. As to the original post, wanna be FBI and here it is a reference to a FBI study. I believe the study was in reference to what FBI agents carry, not city cops. Your reference to a 9mm being nearly the same as a 40 cal, well I will call you just misinformed . For quite some time there has been and to some extent still is a major shortage of 9mm and the price skyrocketed, but there was no shortage of 40 cal . In addition why would any agency boast that its acceptable to discharge numerous rounds to neutralize a suspect utilizing a 9mm when time after time it has proven that a 40 cal has more knockdown power that a nine. What's next water pistols with colored dye. A 40 cal SW is more powerful than a nine and expands on contact a 9mm can if it does not hit a vital or bone has passed thru and struck others and in some cases wounded or killed innocents. If you had bothered to research the military utilizing 9mm, one of the biggest reasons its more of a gender neutral gun in regards to weight and the ability to handle and shoot. You can spin this any way you want, but please refrain from your reading comprehension comments and I will refrain from any references to GED's !!!!!
    A 40 cal SW rd is much more superior in a street confrontation than a 9mm and that has been proven time after time in actual live fire encounters.
    Well I can post studies all day long that counter your argument. I don't think you can do the same..please for the love of God post a study that would scientific muster. Your own argument talks about weapon handling. Have you seen the engineer of females in LE today or even smaller males?

  7. #7
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Again your ignorance gets the best of you, I read it and do understand, its merely a spin. As to the original post, wanna be FBI and here it is a reference to a FBI study. I believe the study was in reference to what FBI agents carry, not city cops. Your reference to a 9mm being nearly the same as a 40 cal, well I will call you just misinformed . For quite some time there has been and to some extent still is a major shortage of 9mm and the price skyrocketed, but there was no shortage of 40 cal . In addition why would any agency boast that its acceptable to discharge numerous rounds to neutralize a suspect utilizing a 9mm when time after time it has proven that a 40 cal has more knockdown power that a nine. What's next water pistols with colored dye. A 40 cal SW is more powerful than a nine and expands on contact a 9mm can if it does not hit a vital or bone has passed thru and struck others and in some cases wounded or killed innocents. If you had bothered to research the military utilizing 9mm, one of the biggest reasons its more of a gender neutral gun in regards to weight and the ability to handle and shoot. You can spin this any way you want, but please refrain from your reading comprehension comments and I will refrain from any references to GED's !!!!!
    A 40 cal SW rd is much more superior in a street confrontation than a 9mm and that has been proven time after time in actual live fire encounters.
    Ok this a test of your reading comprehension. Here are some good articles to start with. I can post the studies but I'm sure you can find those. Also look up NYPD and LAPD that also did studies and switched back to 9mm from 40 caliber. Hell what does the FBi, military and major police departments across the country know compared to you on the City of North Port page? Hurry up and run up to New York City, LA, or even Quantico and share your wisdom they all seem to be clearly lacking. Who knew right here in North Port we had such an expert. My apologies sir. I had no idea I was in the company of greatness.


    https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...lice-went-back

    https://www.policemag.com/502150/9mm-caliber-of-choice

  8. #8
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well I can post studies all day long that counter your argument. I don't think you can do the same..please for the love of God post a study that would scientific muster. Your own argument talks about weapon handling. Have you seen the engineer of females in LE today or even smaller males?

    I had no idea someone from North Port had such vast experience and knowledge on this topic. Screw the studies by the FBI, Secret Service, Military, NYPD, LAPD, Hillsborough SO, and the list goes on and on. We have a bona fide expert right here. Quick run up to New York City, LA, and Quantico and let them all know. Screw science, we have you. I Must apologize, I had no idea we were surrounded by such greatness. I tip my hat to you sir! Why on earth did we make such a huge mistake going back to 9mm. These other people and agencies must all be clueless!!

    https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...lice-went-back

    https://www.policemag.com/502150/9mm-caliber-of-choice

  9. #9
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I had no idea someone from North Port had such vast experience and knowledge on this topic. Screw the studies by the FBI, Secret Service, Military, NYPD, LAPD, Hillsborough SO, and the list goes on and on. We have a bona fide expert right here. Quick run up to New York City, LA, and Quantico and let them all know. Screw science, we have you. I Must apologize, I had no idea we were surrounded by such greatness. I tip my hat to you sir! Why on earth did we make such a huge mistake going back to 9mm. These other people and agencies must all be clueless!!

    https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...lice-went-back

    https://www.policemag.com/502150/9mm-caliber-of-choice
    duh hmmm i dun red ur articles DONT SEE ANY Scientific evidence AS YOU ALLEDGE, INSTEAD ONLY OPINIONS !!! reference is made of number of rds carried 17 in a 9mm, 15 in a 40 really no difference, Like I said opinions. Reality is, NPPD got what $370 bucks each on a trade in on guns worth what $500 bucks each, great deal there. 9mm ammo, when available is pretty much same cost as a 40, 40 cal is a slow moving higher impact rd, the 9mm is fast velocity and as I previously quoted can pass thru a perp and has done so injuring or killing innocents. One such occasion NYPD shot a man 45 times, even had to reload, but this is all a matter of record, but hey NPPD has a record of leadership screwups and this is just another, 9mm I personally would not carry one, but then again Im not a fed groupie. Reality is one shot and hit with a 40 stops the threat, a 9mm even by your own so called scientific research several shots and then only if you hit a vital organ or bone. Great deal by the PD, NO, traded or sold the 40s for less than market value, why not, you got rid of them and the taxpayers flipped the bill as they always do. I am sure at any civil trial your police one or any other opinion articles will be helpful when the city is sued for excessive force for popping 19 rds into a perp.. It appears the so called experts opinion weigh towards recoil, number of rds carried and handling of the gun as the determining factor in there opinions, not ballistics !!!! but then again I am not trying to spin the bad decision.

  10. #10
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I had no idea someone from North Port had such vast experience and knowledge on this topic. Screw the studies by the FBI, Secret Service, Military, NYPD, LAPD, Hillsborough SO, and the list goes on and on. We have a bona fide expert right here. Quick run up to New York City, LA, and Quantico and let them all know. Screw science, we have you. I Must apologize, I had no idea we were surrounded by such greatness. I tip my hat to you sir! Why on earth did we make such a huge mistake going back to 9mm. These other people and agencies must all be clueless!!

    https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...lice-went-back

    https://www.policemag.com/502150/9mm-caliber-of-choice
    moderator censored my reply but here we go, I read your articles, which appear to be only opinions, there is zero ballistic proof a 9mm is a better street combat weapon. you refer to the FBI, SS all plainclothes, a nine is a more concealable handgun, if you were in the military then you know there thinking, a nine travels farther, it is not a close quarter up close and personal firearm. Your articles seem to be about gender neutral handling, recoil and magazine capacity. I admit a 40 is heavier, kicks in recoil and holds two less rds than a nine. In regards to what a great deal the PD got, originally paid near $500 a piece, traded in or sold the replaced 40 for what $370 a gun, which market value is still near $500 a gun. Then purchased the 9mm for near $500 a gun so hypothetically the taxpayers who footed the bill for the original guns at $500 a gun, now are footing the bill for the inferior 9mm to a tune of what $130 bucks a gun times what 150 guns. This is separate for the top of the line sig sauers that were discarded to get the 40 cal So NPPD went from sig 9mm to 40 cal now back to 9mm All this taxpayer money spent to be stylish !!! Be like the FBI as you have quoted. Nine mm ammo is scarce and expensive, why, because the feds purchased most of it, FBI, other fed agencies and homeland and yes the military. Since I question whether you are even a uniform officer who is out there everyday, a 9mm would be fine for you since, well you can get out your desk chair without much discomfort, but to a actual street cop, they do not want to exchange numerous rds with a perp, one shot suspect down scenario. A 9mm can and has passed thru perps and struck and killed innocents, there are documented cases in NYPD where a suspect had been shot 6-10- 45 times. Money well wasted and for what to be like the FBI. Just remember it will be on you if under a very unfortunate circumstance, your being stylish and like the Feds cost an actual street cop if he is injured because he shot and shot and shot and didn't drop the perp, but then again your admin, your home nice and safe !!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •