Tony finally listened to people smarter than his dumb ass - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Listened to smart people? Tony just paid $2 million to a at-will person Lamberti could have fired any time? What value would you put on being wrongful detained for a few hours? Not two million, I can tell you!

Detained or kidnapped? Taking someone into custody for a 4 hour car drive without probably cause is kidnapping. They settled for 2 milly bcz they would of paid at least 2 million plus attorneys fees if went to trial.

Unregistered
    Detained or kidnapped? Taking someone into custody for a 4 hour car drive without probably cause is kidnapping. They settled for 2 milly bcz they would of paid at least 2 million plus attorneys fees if went to trial.
    It would have been a lot more than two million if t had gone to trial.

Unregistered
    Me: that’s the highest settlement I’ve ever seen BSO pay out.

Also Me: I don’t think that was enough, considering what they did to her.

Unregistered
    It would have been a lot more than two million if t had gone to trial.
    And bso admits NO wrongdoing... and the victim cannot disparage bso ...for 2 million... case closed... forget about detectives, internal affairs, Dave Benjamin's, alleged kidnapping, civil rights violations, etc...

Unregistered
    And bso admits NO wrongdoing... and the victim cannot disparage bso ...for 2 million... case closed... forget about detectives, internal affairs, Dave Benjamin's, alleged kidnapping, civil rights violations, etc...
    Yeah except the disparaging has already been done. And like the old saying goes, “you know there ain’t no forgetting”.

Unregistered
    That’s the civil part of the case. Kidnapping is a crime and a violation of civil rights under color of authority. You can’t force somebody to go somewhere against their will if they are not under arrest. Sorry but that one might sting.

Unregistered
    That’s the civil part of the case. Kidnapping is a crime and a violation of civil rights under color of authority. You can’t force somebody to go somewhere against their will if they are not under arrest. Sorry but that one might sting.
    Statute of limitations ran long ago. This happened under Lamberti.

Unregistered
    But will he continue to listen ? More lawsuits right around the corner and millions of taxpayers money going to waste fighting other unjustly terminated employees.
    It's good cities are finally seeing where the money is actually going to!

Unregistered
    It's good cities are finally seeing where the money is actually going to!

Tony is about as stupid as they come. The 3 deputies were awarded their jobs back by an arbitrator & a civil judge. This fukn moron attempts to appeal it on no grounds. Appeals are for judicial errors not bcz you feel these deputies don’t belong getting their jobs back. Same goes for Bell. Tony will always be known as the worst sheriff broward county has ever known

Unregistered
    This is a big who cares. I'd bet very little of this comes out of BSO's pocket so it won't hurt our salaries or anything else significant here. This is why BSO has insurance coverage for big claims like this. The insurance company will pay this one. Not BSO. So no skin off our teeth. Whatever.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast