HCSO "Family"

Thread: HCSO "Family"

Unregistered

HCSO "Family"

Used to be that the term "HCSO Family" was used as a great tool to make folks think that the agency had their back. Why do we even pay into the "Lynn Sowers" foundation when guys like Carver are getting hosed over? We are no better than any other company out there. Except we get shot at in the line of duty.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...-complications

Unregistered
    Since I am retired and technically out of the loop, how is the process of nominating Bryan Carver as a recipient of a donation from the Lynn Sowers Foundation? I had not thought of that and fully support the idea. The foundation has been a great concept that Kevin created after the tragedy of his wife’s death. Everyone was so financially supportive of him and he created the organization in her memory. The foundation has donated to an array of tragedies that are in no comparison to Bryan’s journey. I hate to say it, but after all of the money donated to the foundation, if an appropriate donation can not be made to Bryan, I would have to consider terminating my payroll deduction (if I was still employed). I hope someone will let us know if the donation is made so that everyone can act accordingly.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Used to be that the term "HCSO Family" was used as a great tool to make folks think that the agency had their back. Why do we even pay into the "Lynn Sowers" foundation when guys like Carver are getting hosed over? We are no better than any other company out there. Except we get shot at in the line of duty.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...-complications
    Well said. No family here. They managed to combine all the negative aspects of the private sector with all the dangerous negative aspects of law enforcement work. Cop work combined with business men politician leaders. Worse of both worlds. Plus 30 years to retire. Sad garbage.

Unregistered
    Well said. No family here. They managed to combine all the negative aspects of the private sector with all the dangerous negative aspects of law enforcement work. Cop work combined with business men politician leaders. Worse of both worlds. Plus 30 years to retire. Sad garbage.
    Go to hell.

Unregistered
    Go to hell.
    The truth hurts doesn't it.

Unregistered
    Go to hell.
    You are wrong. Very wrong. You hide the fact, or deny the fact, or are a fool to see, that as soon as you hit the streets and work a few months, you learn quite quickly that there is absolutely no way for a human being to mentally do this job this way for 3 decades. You look back and look over the year long application process, your year long academy, your hopes, your dreams, all the time you invested, and the fact that you have a year of probation left. So what do you do? You floor it. You give this agency all you got and more. In hopes to be noticed. In hopes to eventually get on a path. A path that leads away from the negative stimulus., bad stressors, the danger, the constant hyper awareness, the things that destroy mental health, and you come in early, every shift, miss all your lunches, take late calls, and risk burnout, just to get noticed and pulled off patrol. Because we were a fooled into believing that its 100% possible for all of us. You soon realize those safe (busy or not) positions are all reserved for the connected. That’s when you go into self preservation mode and slow down and try to recover. Hopefully NOT at the cost of your marriage, your relationship with your kids, or not an alcoholic yet. So you become a slug and limp by to the end. All while being cast in a negative light by the toxic police culture and its players. The agency counts on this. It wants you here long enough to offset the cost of hiring and training, but not long enough to become vested or hit max pay. Leaving at right around 8 years is exactly what they want. They also want you to work your ASSS off in false hope so they can run patrol with less deputies all while still receiving the budget for the strawman deputies in unfilled positions. More money for more brass in an already top heavy agency. You people are all expendable fools. Our citizens feel this when we show up. It rolls down hill.

Just quit? By the time we wake up and see the scam, we have already had a few kids, mortgage, car payments, and so on….

My solution is to make up for all the years I have it 300 % for nothing. To do the minimum for my pay.

There are two paths at this agency. The expendable pawns that you watch kill each other on the board and sacrifice and the players that are not even on the board. Your path to outside the board is the scam. You won’t get there unless long dimes slated told do so from before you were ever hired. You would already know.

Just quit? Fools. Control our own destiny! Fools. It’s a scam and so are you blind followers of the scam.

Unregistered
    Are you going to regurgitate on every thread?