Hold Over
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hold Over

Unregistered

Hold Over

A recruiter mentioned it to me on the phone when I called to inquire about it. They were pretty vague.

Would someone mind telling me a bit more about it?

Unregistered
    Apologies. A recruiter told me about it when I called to inquire about the department*

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    A recruiter mentioned it to me on the phone when I called to inquire about it. They were pretty vague.

Would someone mind telling me a bit more about it?
    It’s just a several week in house training before going to FTO. Mostly high liability stuff DT, driving shooting etc.

Unregistered
    It’s just a several week in house training before going to FTO. Mostly high liability stuff DT, driving shooting etc.
    Exactly. Pretty sure every department does it, we just have a name for it.

Unregistered
    And yes, regardless of prior, you WILL get tazed and pepper sprayed again. Enjoy 😉

Unregistered
    Do you guys wash people out in holdover? The holdover equivalent for my department was a joke. I just put my initial app in today.

Unregistered
    Do you guys wash people out in holdover? The holdover equivalent for my department was a joke. I just put my initial app in today.
    They have but rare.

Unregistered
    And yes, regardless of prior, you WILL get tazed and pepper sprayed again. Enjoy 😉
    Is there anything you recommend learning before holdover? Thanks in advance.

Unregistered
    How long is it. I’ve heard 6 weeks but I’ve also heard 9 weeks. Is it shorter or longer based on being a precertified class or an academy class?

Unregistered
    Brush up on your dance moves, ice cream scooping skills and sporting skills. That’s all law enforcement is required to handle these days. Just gotta make sure everyone gets a hug. Oh and don’t forget your face mask!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast