LE deputy pay scale and COL

Unregistered

LE deputy pay scale and COL

Hello guys, out of state applicant looking to relocate to the area. Looking to get some first hand opinions regarding pay for the first few years (I notice there’s a stretch in the 50’s for the first 5-6 years in the step plan) and being able to afford a house. Understandably, the housing market is up, as if it elsewhere in the country. Would affording a decent home in a nice area be realistic? Say you would be putting down a good amount. What is the overtime situation? What would a LE deputy realistically make during their first few years?

Thanks guys.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello guys, out of state applicant looking to relocate to the area. Looking to get some first hand opinions regarding pay for the first few years (I notice there’s a stretch in the 50’s for the first 5-6 years in the step plan) and being able to afford a house. Understandably, the housing market is up, as if it elsewhere in the country. Would affording a decent home in a nice area be realistic? Say you would be putting down a good amount. What is the overtime situation? What would a LE deputy realistically make during their first few years?

Thanks guys.
    You won’t make much overtime your first year. Once you complete phase 5 of your FTO you can submit a request to work off duty jobs. Off duty typically pays more than what a new deputy would make, even on overtime. There is A LOT of off duty work, actually more available than gets filled. Most of it is security type work. A plus is you can use your agency vehicle to work the off duty work. There is a lot of OT currently being posted to cover squads that are ridiculously understaffed. We work 12 hours shift here on patrol. Personally, I feel this is a great agency to work for in a great part of the country. I love our Governor and would encourage anyone to make the move from the rust belt and the liberal politics.

Unregistered
    You won’t make much overtime your first year. Once you complete phase 5 of your FTO you can submit a request to work off duty jobs. Off duty typically pays more than what a new deputy would make, even on overtime. There is A LOT of off duty work, actually more available than gets filled. Most of it is security type work. A plus is you can use your agency vehicle to work the off duty work. There is a lot of OT currently being posted to cover squads that are ridiculously understaffed. We work 12 hours shift here on patrol. Personally, I feel this is a great agency to work for in a great part of the country. I love our Governor and would encourage anyone to make the move from the rust belt and the liberal politics.
    Too many liberals and criminals coming down though. County is growing too fast and we have not kept up for decades. We are short. It sucks. 30 years. Good luck.

Unregistered
    Too many liberals and criminals coming down though. County is growing too fast and we have not kept up for decades. We are short. It sucks. 30 years. Good luck.

Yeah, lotta disgruntled losers who got shizzcanned are on this site. Just ignore them.