Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Great shoot Ofc Velazquez. Couldn’t have done it better myself
    and thank god we have video

Unregistered
    Great shoot Ofc Velazquez. Couldn’t have done it better myself
    Amen to that!

Unregistered
    curious on how tampa is when it comes to justified officer shootings?

In my city, the officer would be put on admin leave and have a high risk of getting terminated from either being psyched or pollitics, even if it was a justified shooting (liberal city).

Unregistered

Action Faster Than Reaction

100 percent agree with the above. Great shoot, good hits/accuracy and I am so glad it worked out for the good guy, but he waited much longer than I would have to take that shot. I’m not second-guessing him, because he pulled that trigger when he felt it was time, but to let him pivot around and close the distance with that gun and not shoot? This is clearly the result of LEOs nationwide being fired or arrested for defending themselves against the gun toting criminals who shoot each other daily like we swat mosquitoes.

We have been trained forever about action VS reaction, OODA loops and reaction times and we also have been trained our whole career just how fast a person can kill shoot and kill you while facing away from you in under a second. Well, those of us that were lucky to receive that training. Now, we are subjected to training scenarios that have us standing inside of rooms, hallways and stairwells negotiating with people holding guns to their heads or in their laps to prove that we can “deescalate.” Sorry you know what another deescalation tactic is? Back out, surround and call out. And of course, neutralize the threat if he forces us into that decision. A decision the BG chose to make, not us.

This mindset of waiting until a firearm is in your face to pull the trigger has got to stop! If you are new and reading this, please understand this is NOT the way! The scenarios you have been subjected to the last couple of years are NOT how it’s going to go in the real world and you will be killed unless you get really lucky.

Not taking away anything from this decision to shoot and when, since nobody on this forum was there, but this needed to be mentioned. Nobody in their right mind expects you to wait until you see the muzzle of a gun in your face before you shoot. Well, except for that one idiot chief who is training officers to aim for the arms and legs. Maybe, that idiot.

Please know this is not a negative crap-talking post, but something that needs to be addressed so we can all go home at the end of the shift. You shoot when YOU decide to, just follow your instincts and don’t think you have to wait until you’re taking rounds to reciprocate.

Unregistered
    100 percent agree with the above. Great shoot, good hits/accuracy and I am so glad it worked out for the good guy, but he waited much longer than I would have to take that shot. I’m not second-guessing him, because he pulled that trigger when he felt it was time, but to let him pivot around and close the distance with that gun and not shoot? This is clearly the result of LEOs nationwide being fired or arrested for defending themselves against the gun toting criminals who shoot each other daily like we swat mosquitoes.

We have been trained forever about action VS reaction, OODA loops and reaction times and we also have been trained our whole career just how fast a person can kill shoot and kill you while facing away from you in under a second. Well, those of us that were lucky to receive that training. Now, we are subjected to training scenarios that have us standing inside of rooms, hallways and stairwells negotiating with people holding guns to their heads or in their laps to prove that we can “deescalate.” Sorry you know what another deescalation tactic is? Back out, surround and call out. And of course, neutralize the threat if he forces us into that decision. A decision the BG chose to make, not us.

This mindset of waiting until a firearm is in your face to pull the trigger has got to stop! If you are new and reading this, please understand this is NOT the way! The scenarios you have been subjected to the last couple of years are NOT how it’s going to go in the real world and you will be killed unless you get really lucky.

Not taking away anything from this decision to shoot and when, since nobody on this forum was there, but this needed to be mentioned. Nobody in their right mind expects you to wait until you see the muzzle of a gun in your face before you shoot. Well, except for that one idiot chief who is training officers to aim for the arms and legs. Maybe, that idiot.

Please know this is not a negative crap-talking post, but something that needs to be addressed so we can all go home at the end of the shift. You shoot when YOU decide to, just follow your instincts and don’t think you have to wait until you’re taking rounds to reciprocate.
    What idiot chief is having cops aim for their legs and arms? What a REEEEEtard

Unregistered
    What idiot chief is having cops aim for their legs and arms? What a REEEEEtard
    Somebody in another state, think it was Georgia. Just Google it, there is only one. Crazy article that reads like a joke parody, but it’s not.

Unregistered
    Glad it worked out for the good guy. Back the Blue!