Marine Goofs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marine Goofs

Unregistered

Marine Goofs

Can I join the marine Unit and then just ask a bunch of questions about calls we have and never go? It's raining, call FWC. It's on Lake Tarpon, no boats anywhere close to Lake Tarpon, call FWC. It's in Tampa Bay, no boats on that side, call FWC. There is a marine advisory, can't go, too dangerous. Boat is flipped over and people in the water, can we get a land unit to get eyes on it? Too far away for a land unit to see, call Coast Guard. It's 5:45 p.m. on a Friday, call someone else, the boat is already up. And someone give Marine 10 a hug, he sounds pissed off every time he is on the radio. Can we just give our Marine HQ to FWC and ask them to launch from Pinellas since we give them everything else? Don't they give you guys stuff to go out in crappy weather? What is the point of doing that if you never go out unless it's sunny and smooth?

Unregistered
    That's the hardest working unit in the agency! You can transfer there they said!

BS, unless you know somebody.

Grissinger and Tita went straight to the Marine unit after they finished the academy. Others put in but did not get it because their fathers did not have rank.

This place is corrupt beyond repair.

Unregistered
    I wonder if they would take MC. He would make a great boat bumper.

Unregistered
    Seems to me they wanna ask as many questions as they can to support basically not going to most of the calls that get. Like they're covering their ass in stead of just saying they are in the way (every time). Wednesday was terrible. Capsized kayak with a bad storm moving in. First they weren't going (the usual). Then they said get a land unit to check it (the usual). Then the seas were too rough (seas do that). Wasn't until they said there were two kids on the kayak with the mom that the actually got off their ass and went (oh now it's an emergency). It drives me crazy. I wish they were on a different channel so I wouldn't have to hear it all day.

Unregistered
    So Grissinger and Tita both worked in the jail and didn’t go straight from the academy to marine unit so I guess you do t k is anything. Are they hooked up yes they are. How did Skaggs go from being a drunk fn strippers to being the sgt of the dui squad

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So Grissinger and Tita both worked in the jail and didn’t go straight from the academy to marine unit so I guess you do t k is anything. Are they hooked up yes they are. How did Skaggs go from being a drunk fn strippers to being the sgt of the dui squad
    They went to the part time academy while they were jailers then got accepted to patrol ahead of many others who were on the waiting list and already LEO certified. They went straight to the marine unit and they bragged about it. That's what angered people already in patrol who put in for the marine unit. It was a blatant example of nepotist corruption.

Skaggs is a drunk and a loser who should have never been promoted. He messed up several times and should have been fired.

Unregistered
    They went to the part time academy while they were jailers then got accepted to patrol ahead of many others who were on the waiting list and already LEO certified. They went straight to the marine unit and they bragged about it. That's what angered people already in patrol who put in for the marine unit. It was a blatant example of nepotist corruption.

Skaggs is a drunk and a loser who should have never been promoted. He messed up several times and should have been fired.
    Incorrect. They both worked the street. Grissinger was D3C and Tita worked North County on Eves and Nights.

Unregistered
    Every time over 30 years I felt a unit “didn’t do shit” I was surprised at what they actually do, once I ended up working there. That includes Marine…….once you work a few places, if you ever get transferred, you’ll see that also.

Unregistered
    Every time over 30 years I felt a unit “didn’t do shit” I was surprised at what they actually do, once I ended up working there. That includes Marine…….once you work a few places, if you ever get transferred, you’ll see that also.
    My friend was in Marine and said it was an easy gig. Same with HR, Professional Standards and Support Services.

Unregistered
    I bet. No GPS. No MDB. Few calls. Lunch at waterfront restaurants. Nothing but warnings for 10-50 “Bravos”. And rarely an arrest. Yeah that’s a tough life. And if the boat is up I guess it can’t go back down. Y’all don’t do shit except burn fuel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast