Stick to 316 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stick to 316

Unregistered
    State dropped the charges.

The State Attorney’s Office will not be filing charges against a teenager who was tased by a Florida Highway Patrol trooper in Lee County in June.

Jack Rodeman, 16, was arrested and placed in juvenile detention after trooper George Smyrnios followed Rodeman to the house of the teen’s girlfriend in Three Oaks and tased him more than once.

Smyrnios claimed he found Rodeman’s behavior suspicious; although, Rodeman’s girlfriend confirmed he had permission to be behind her house.

Rodeman’s booking charge was named in a notice to the Lee County Clerk of Court as failure to obey police or fire department, a public order crime and second-degree misdemeanor.

The notice says there was insufficient evidence to prove the charge beyond a reasonable doubt, which is why the charge was dropped.

The interaction between Rodeman and Smyrnios was caught on surveillance video and shows the trooper shocking the teen at least twice before the teen falls back first into a firepit made of what appears to be bricks.

“I didn’t understand (why) he was approaching me at first or why he tased me,” Rodeman said.

Fort Myers Attorney Sawyer Smith is representing Rodeman and said the state attorney’s office, led by Amira Fox, had no choice but to drop the charges thanks to the widely circulated video.

“To FHP, nice try. But when you tase a young man, Ms. Fox is going to stand in between you and that young man and protect his rights,” Smith said.

Smith will now turn his attention to suing Florida Highway Patrol.

Smith said Rodeman is continuing to recover from his injuries at home.

WINK News reached out to FHP for comment on the state’s decision to not pursue charges and about the potential lawsuit, but did not hear back from the state agency.

Unregistered
    'I didn't do nothing…' Rodeman replies, continuing to look down at his phone.

Typical defiant teenage punk with a father MIA.

Unregistered

Future Felon

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    'I didn't do nothing…' Rodeman replies, continuing to look down at his phone.

Typical defiant teenage punk with a father MIA.
    Absolutely agree. The trooper is experienced and a good cop. The family saying the perp has issues with law enforcement says it all. Tell your kid to have respect. Want to act like a defiant idiot? Take the consequences like a man. Just the comment about a lawsuit shows the classlessness family. Trash. Your kid is a future felon. Fix him before it’s too late. Damn, What is with this bs attitude that you can disobey a LEO and no consequences?

Unregistered

What link

Dude,
    Post a link that works! What the he’ll sure are your trying to promote? Idiot…

Unregistered
    Why don’t you do a ride along dear deputy with a Trooper on the turnpike. I have 25 yrs on and 20 on the turnpike and i have probably handled more calls besides crashes than you will ever do. By the way people do call * FHP for a lot of things, other than traffic. I have gotten shooting calls which you may think we don’t work but we do. We have BCIi and FDLE on standby and we can handle pretty much anything. You may think youd job is difficult but in reality it’s the most easiest job in the world. I have gotten plaza thefts, parking lot fights, prostitution with the truck drivers, stabbing. We do it all on the turnpike. I invite you to do a ride along. Come on over but i bet you won’t. Pull up public recirds request on the calls to *FHP and the calls we respond but of coturse i know you wont. You rather be here being a little ***** and an internet tough guy. Do your homework before you speak. Hell i’ll even make it easier on you. Post your e-mail or any e-mail on here and i would gladly PDF all my arrest reports for the past 10 years. You will be surprised but of course i know you wont. Now that I educated you dear deputy, go take that barking call, i mean real leo work i mean.
    Lol..Sure you have.. Tough guy just post all of your DVD's, gta's, thefts, etc. You are funny my friend..You must be HANGRY!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234