New chief - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New chief

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm saying I don't work in property and I've been treated like shit by so many different people. I once had one of the cops threaten me in briefing bc I didn't say hi to him in the hallway. He was later fired for road rage. We had a cop who was dating a PSA who a gun up to her head. When she told someone at the pd, they blew it off. He eventually married a bartender, went to Orlando, and then shot and killed her and then killed himself. Us civilians have a lot more stories. I was kicked out of a unit bc the supervisors wanted to protect the cop who lied in front me so he could get call out pay instead of just continual overtime. Sold his integrity for $50. I'm saying that there are more civilians than someone in property who get treated like shit and it's sad you can't even look past that.

So the cops are all terrible got it. Thanks for contributing to the survey

Unregistered
    did I say that? You seem to be saying that all civilians are terrible. Are you saying that?

Unregistered
    not all sworn treat civilians like crap and not all civilians treat sworn nicely. We are coworkers. It would be great if, as a cop, you wouldn't want anyone to treat any of your coworkers, sworn or civilian, like shit. You don't think I get treated like shit from civilians too? The difference is is that you guys get to be heard and shit gets done. We never get heard and no one gives a shit about the way we are treated. Maglione literally just gave out awards to civilian employees from 2017 and 2018. They were sitting in a box in his office and he couldn't be bothered. But there was never a delay for officer of the month from that time to now. So you don't think that we are treated like shit when the chief himself can't even acknowledge that his non- sworn did a good job? Honest question, does the chief not giving out civilian awards constitute that civilians were treated just as fairly as sworn? It's a legit question that I would love to hear your answer for it.

Unregistered
    not all sworn treat civilians like crap and not all civilians treat sworn nicely. We are coworkers. It would be great if, as a cop, you wouldn't want anyone to treat any of your coworkers, sworn or civilian, like shit. You don't think I get treated like shit from civilians too? The difference is is that you guys get to be heard and shit gets done. We never get heard and no one gives a shit about the way we are treated. Maglione literally just gave out awards to civilian employees from 2017 and 2018. They were sitting in a box in his office and he couldn't be bothered. But there was never a delay for officer of the month from that time to now. So you don't think that we are treated like shit when the chief himself can't even acknowledge that his non- sworn did a good job? Honest question, does the chief not giving out civilian awards constitute that civilians were treated just as fairly as sworn? It's a legit question that I would love to hear your answer for it.
    Fake news.The awards were from the time everyone was working from home and there were no meetings

Unregistered
    Fake news.The awards were from the time everyone was working from home and there were no meetings
    the awards were from 2017 and 2018. Covid hit in 2020.

Unregistered
    yeah, fake news. The awards were from 2017 and 2018. But while the awards for civilians sat in a box for 3 years, the top had their awards banquet in Feb 2019 to celebrate all the officers of the month from 2018. The awards ceremony wasn't for awards from 2016. You minimize how your civilian coworkers are treated. When was the last time that you remembered an email saying a civilian did a good job? Did the psa's who jumped in physically when page was getting choked out deserve employee of the month? Because they weren't given employees of the month. They jumped in without weapons to keep the guy from killing her but they deserve any recognition?

Unregistered

Sounds like a maglione problem.

Unregistered
    There are a lot of good cops who treat civilians with respect. There are cops who treat civilians like they are shit. The civilians are saying that we shouldn't be treated like shit. The good cops are saying civilians shouldn't be treated like shit especially since they are their coworkers. Which cop do you guys want to be? The cops that think the civilians should be treated like garbage or the cops that think civilians deserve to be treated better? If you are the former, then you aren't the superhero you think you are.

Unregistered
    It's been more than a Maglione problem. Look at this thread. It's been push back as opposed to saying that civilians should also be recognized for a job well done. You guys get your stuff read in briefing in front of your peers. You get applauded in front of the city commission. Then you get applauded at a fancy banquet at a ritzy hotel. We aren't even important enough for them to just throw a plaque in our mailbox. Do you think your civilian coworkers deserve to be treated like they are less than human? It's a simple yes or no.

Unregistered
    It's been more than a Maglione problem. Look at this thread. It's been push back as opposed to saying that civilians should also be recognized for a job well done. You guys get your stuff read in briefing in front of your peers. You get applauded in front of the city commission. Then you get applauded at a fancy banquet at a ritzy hotel. We aren't even important enough for them to just throw a plaque in our mailbox. Do you think your civilian coworkers deserve to be treated like they are less than human? It's a simple yes or no.
    Why is P Ricky Magloine still working at flpd? Didn't he get fired from the chief position?

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2015/03/3...o-racist-cops/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast