Border detail
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Border detail

Unregistered

Border detail

Predictions on what FHP’s assistance to the governors Mexico border announcement will be? Bodies? Just airplanes? Srt members? Ciu?

Guesses?

Unregistered
    The Florida Border Patrol !

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The Florida Border Patrol !
    I sure wish we got paid like them. This place and our very giving governor, of course for certain things love to volunteer FHP for everything in politics but sure wont pay us. This agency has no backbone. Run and run very far and never return. Truly garbage!

Unregistered

Sending State and Local Law enforcement Personnel to the Mexican Border is Absurd!

Once again Governor DeSantis is playing politics when it comes to the use of our limited state and local law enforcement personnel. At a time when our interstates and state roads are void of any consistent presence by the Florida Highway Patrol (FHP), and other local and county agencies, crashes, road rage, and criminal activity are at an all time high. Instead of sending these valuable resources to the border, how about sending them into our crime ridden counties and onto our out of control highways where they can make a difference? Leave border enforcement to those federal agencies, including the National Guard, that have the authority and are properly trained to enforce our federal laws. Once again a flawed decision has come out of the Governor's office.

Unregistered
    Time to get that FMLA paperwork rolling in. I didn't sign up for border patrol, I could have and make twice what I make here. Politics at its best!!!

Florida's population is booming, we can't even handle the calls we get now and this guy is offering the few Troopers we have left to Texas. Idiotic decision. Get ready for those crashes to hold for hours and sick leave to increase, the guys that won't go to Texas will have to pickup the slack. The whole state will turn into Orlando.

303, 303, 303, 303

Unregistered
    So, we will get subpoenas from Texas then? Thats a pretty ride there if they don't do zoom court. Are we going to be working crashes over there? Are we going to get schooled on Texas statutes? Are we going to pursuit cartels?

This sounds like politics all the way. What a shame!!!
    Governor, you screwed us up in this one. Just like the last payraise. You brag about funding the police, look at our last retirement email. Everyone is quiting in droves and inflation will eat your 1000 bonus in a week.

Unregistered
    I'm hoping to go. Already talking to DPS recruiter 72k starting and 100k after 10 yrs. Depending on where DeSantis wants us I can probably do my DPS testing in Florida s dime. Can't wait to thanks uncle Ron for the paid trip.

Unregistered
    Maybe he can learn from that Governor and pay us like Texas. Wishful thinking

Unregistered

Nope

Not doing border work or anything for that matter alongside officers making 2 to 3 times more than me. Gives us the added pay or not going.

Unregistered
    Not sure if they know that we do not have immigration enforcement powers. I guess we will be mopping the local stations and refueling their vehicles.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast