Budget Savings ideas

Unregistered

Budget Savings ideas

I'm leaving this agency so I wanted to present some ideas for saving on the budget since its not going to affect me.

-Eliminate uniform allowances
    Even retail workers have to buy their own clothing for work. We can just write it off on our taxes as a work expense.

-Stop paying for ammunition
    Non law enforcement have to buy supplies for their job, this should be a no brainer. It's not as if we're out there shooting people every night.

-Make us pay for our own courses
    In the medical field, people who make less than we do are required to take courses to keep them up to date on new practices as well as refresher courses. And they pay out of pocket for them. Why are we any more important than professionals actually saving lives for a living. Again, tax write off.

-Stop paying for gas
    Gas should be an out of pocket expensive.
    Delivery drivers, Taxis, Uber, Realtors, etc. Any profession that requires driving pays for their own gas. Why is it so much different for us? It's not. We're lucky to even get a "company car."

-Stop giving special comp to law enforcement
    Vacation and sick time is enough, otherwise you're just encouraging unnecessary vacations, its a job, work, a lot of people don't even get paid vacation. Accrued time is generous enough.

-Reduce the number of employees
    There are always too many sworn on duty. We don't need this many officers. Don't fire anyone, just stop hiring replacements. If something goes terribly wrong the sheriff office can back us up. The number on patrol is ridiculous. Hire OPS or third party security at a fraction of the cost to do routine rounds and non-emergency response. If they see something an officer can respond. Three security guards patrolling are better than one officer "patrolling" in a parking lot playing on their phone. And yes I mean you, you know who you are.

-Make officers salaried employees
    No more overtime. Enough said.

There you have it. The Solution. You're welcome.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm leaving this agency so I wanted to present some ideas for saving on the budget since its not going to affect me.

Even retail workers have to buy their own clothing for work. We can just write it off on our taxes as a work expense.

Non law enforcement have to buy supplies for their job, this should be a no brainer. It's not as if we're out there shooting people every night.

In the medical field, people who make less than we do are required to take courses to keep them up to date on new practices as well as refresher courses. And they pay out of pocket for them. Why are we any more important than professionals actually saving lives for a living. Again, tax write off.

-Stop paying for gas
    Delivery drivers, Taxis, Uber, Realtors, etc. Any profession that requires driving pays for their own gas. Why is it so much different for us? It's not. We're lucky to even get a "company car."

Vacation and sick time is enough, otherwise you're just encouraging unnecessary vacations, its a job, work, a lot of people don't even get paid vacation. Accrued time is generous enough.

There are always too many sworn on duty. We don't need this many officers. Don't fire anyone, just stop hiring replacements. If something goes terribly wrong the sheriff office can back us up. The number on patrol is ridiculous. Hire OPS or third party security at a fraction of the cost to do routine rounds and non-emergency response. If they see something an officer can respond. Three security guards patrolling are better than one officer "patrolling" in a parking lot playing on their phone. And yes I mean you, you know who you are.

Solution to what problem genuis? There is no budgetary crisis. How long did you sit there wasting your time writing that shit?

Unregistered
    Solution to what problem genuis? There is no budgetary crisis. How long did you sit there wasting your time writing that shit?
    Since he sat in the Med Center Office most of his career ignoring calls, he had plenty of time to write something like this.

Unregistered

-Stop paying for gas

Ya, just take away all benefits and pay for everything yourself. Geez I didn't realize the guy was this dumb.

Unregistered
    Ya, just take away all benefits and pay for everything yourself. Geez I didn't realize the guy was this dumb.
    Dumb, lazy and scared.