Real questions about the agency

Unregistered

Real questions about the agency

Hello everyone,

Current Leo in central Florida looking to move back to Pinellas county. I’ve heard some good and bad things about PPPD. I wanted to hear the details about it from you guys. I know there is a lot of bad in the agency, but I also no there has to be some good.

How’s moral?
    Good equipment?
    Any room for movement or specialty units?(or do you just have to know someone?)

Honestly I’d appreciate anything you guys could give me. Thank you in advance and please be safe.

Unregistered
    Go literally anywhere else. This place sucks.

Unregistered
    There are a few members no one can stand due to their gloomy view of everything. They’re good people, but their constant complaining is tiring.

If you are a self-motivated cop, this is a good place for you. We have the best equipment. Morale is good amongst the majority of us now they are going to make our pay right. Understaffed a bit, but I like to be busy.

If you aren’t lazy and don’t ruin your reputation in the first year, you’re pretty much able to go wherever here. Seems like joining SWAT helps too.

I’d chose this place again. Haven’t been around long enough to see the wild things I hear though about what it used to be like. Seems like a lot of degenerates have left. We have a great group of cops.

I browse other agency feeds on this site because I used to work at one of them and get updates. pppd’s page is pretty dormant. I guess a few disgruntled retirees troll it. Take what you read with a grain of salt.

Do a ride along to see if it’s for you.

Unregistered
    It may or may not be a good fit depending on a few factors, it’s not a bad agency. Here’s a few pros and cons which may or not be important to you based on your age and priorities.

The equipment is decent, you will have a nice Tahoe cruiser pretty early on, the computer systems and information flow are awful.

The admin is reasonable, you won’t be jammed up for nonsense other than anything with a fleeing vehicle they will destroy you. The key here is let everyone get away and you’ll be fine.

This agency provides excellent customer service but places catching bad guys pretty low on the list of priorities. The policies forbid a lot of real cop stuff so if that matters consider PCSO or another county.

The pension is great, if you want to do 10 years and get out you can pull a pension immediately, if you want to work a full 25+ you’ll do better than anywhere else in the local area.

So, if you want money and don’t care about being a real cop, go to SPPD, if you want to be a real cop go to PCSO, if you’re older or just looking for a place to start for now PPPD isn’t a bad choice. Good luck!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The admin is reasonable, you won’t be jammed up for nonsense other than anything with a fleeing vehicle they will destroy you. Good luck!
    Or let them find out you are applying to another agency. See how reasonable the admin is then. If you have no other options go get your feet wet there and then leave ASAP before you become one of them.