Inmate in custody after escape from Pinellas County Jail - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ahh. The anonymity of the internet. Sure you do. I totally believe you.
    The reason I mentioned that the COC will not back you up (and you apparently agree) is because at one time, a long time ago, it did. But you were not working here back then so you would not know about that radical and outdated thinking. The first thing they told me when I made supervisor was that I was here to back up and support my people, not screv them over. And that support carried up the COC to the captain, major and director. If there was a problem it was handled in house and off the record. The executive staff had your back, unlike today.

Unregistered
    The reason I mentioned that the COC will not back you up (and you apparently agree) is because at one time, a long time ago, it did. But you were not working here back then so you would not know about that radical and outdated thinking. The first thing they told me when I made supervisor was that I was here to back up and support my people, not screv them over. And that support carried up the COC to the captain, major and director. If there was a problem it was handled in house and off the record. The executive staff had your back, unlike today.
    Where did you work, Fantasy Land?

Unregistered
    Compared to the dumpster fire the jail is today, it was like Fantasy Island.

Unregistered
    There was a time that Car 1 didn’t carry a radio. There was a time when you rarely if ever heard anyone above a Lt on the radio. There was a time when you made mistakes and your Sgt or even the Cpl fixed it one on one with you.

They didn’t worry that Car 1 would hear the mistake, call the Chief, who would call the Major, who would call the Captain, who would call the Lt, who would call the Sgt and demand the offender be counseled or reprimanded.

Now everyone is paranoid, expecting the phone call. So everyone walks on eggshells, is afraid to do anything and the entire agency is paralyzed. Good times….but hey, crime is down 50% right? Right??

Unregistered
    Fear the Pear!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345