Training exercise - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    In reality, any one of us can be deployed anytime, anywhere, with no advance notice.... during a state of emergency. Really no need for SRT. SRT used to be people who wanted to help others first and were dedicated. Not people counting OT hours before the hurricane even struck. People who didn't worry about what team they were going to be on, who their supervisor was, whether or not they had five-star lodging, whether or not they got a certificate of appreciation, etc etc etc. We have too many candy asses working here now.

If it were me and you declined an assignment as an SRT member you should be booted! If you start running your mouth about I got this, and I got that, and little Suzi has a ballet recital so I can't respond for 5 days... Then f*** you, you're off the team!
    Agree. But that isn't the world today is it? The world is rapidly changing and dinosaurs like us will soon be extinct. I am OK with that.

Unregistered

Training Days Agenda

Day 1
    Introduction to your team leaders
    Understanding the SRT mission
    Keys. Where are the keys?
    Trailer maintenance and tire pressure issues
    Day2
    Recap of Day 1
    Port-to-let etiquette
    How to leave helpful Yelp review
    Generator maintenance
    Understanding chain of command
    Day 3
    How to fill out your daily reports
    Proper convoy procedures (Sonny's and Olive Garden exceptions)
    Truck stop showers and bar soap hazards
    PAT assessment
    Dealing with special needs team members
    Understanding electrical fuse loads in state cars

Unregistered
    We heard she self assigned to her own post and made her own hours at Michael. For all the chatter on here she continues to do whatever she wants. She would already be history here in the south.
    My question is this, why weren't all of these issues addressed by her team leader at Michael? If her current lieutenant is letting her do whatever she wants why is that? Were the majors and Chiefs made aware of what an oxygen thief she is? Sounds to me like she's got a lot of people fooled!

Unregistered
    You will get your chance to voice your dissatisfaction at the training. When the group is asked what could be done to make the team better, you should stand up for your beliefs and inform the team leadership of your concerns. Explain how you don't like what has happened in the past. Demand change! You will be a legend. Your words will inspire. Be the change.

Unregistered
    You will get your chance to voice your dissatisfaction at the training. When the group is asked what could be done to make the team better, you should stand up for your beliefs and inform the team leadership of your concerns. Explain how you don't like what has happened in the past. Demand change! You will be a legend. Your words will inspire. Be the change.
    Quite frankly these little sit downs with people at these trainings are unethical and immoral. Let’s let everyone talk smack about their supervisors and then not ask the supervisor side. Wow. Just wow.

Unregistered
    Get rid of some of these shiddy lieutenants if you want real change.

Unregistered
    Get rid of some of these shiddy lieutenants if you want real change.
    Real change is coming. I mean we are getting blouses. Blouses are way cooler than shirts! And boonie hats? Pinch me! There comes a time when men realize that material things are not motivators. I hope the training includes corporate style team building exercises. Team ODA all the way!

Unregistered
    In the name of Greyskull blouses we're good enough for the sandbox and they are good enough for ODA! I can't wait to get one off eBay. At least they don't have names sewn on them. They can be recycled.
    I like those Cuban guayaberas for shirts. Always breezy and stylish with lots of pockets. They come in summertime colors like coral and peach but white is timeless and goes with oour khakis.

Unregistered
    Hopefully the new commander gets rid of WJs desert storm looking full khaki blouse uniform
    ​looks more like Dessert Storm, Operation Golden Corral. Still better than Jake from State Farm khaki's but a bit over the top.

Unregistered
    ​looks more like Dessert Storm, Operation Golden Corral. Still better than Jake from State Farm khaki's but a bit over the top.
    It's one extreme to another. Moderation is not tolerated here. Until ODA gets Secretary level buy in nothing will change. The issues from Irma and Michael were solely caused by the lack of support from DBPR not ABT. ABT leadership was onboard but you can only smack your head against the wall a few times before you move on. Outfit the Secretary in one of those fancy ODA blouses and you can write your own check. Just posting for a friend

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast