Raises - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raises

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Unfortunately your admin have nothing to do with it but recommend a pay increase. They don't have the final decision. That alone falls on the CM & the commission to approve the pay increases. I don't understand why all of you think the admin have so much power in controlling whether you ge a raise or not. I agree everyone that works for the department should make more $, but your sorely mistaken if you think the sheriff's office taking over is the fix. Their pension sucks and your just a number. I know that works for some of you who are short sighted and just think the money up front is the solution.
    Here you go folks, if you work for Bartow, you need to leave now because our admin will not stand up for you, they just keep making excuses.

I would rather be a number making more money and better insurance then a somebody at BPD

Unregistered
    I'm Not saying the admin shouldn't stand up for the officers. I definitely think they should fight for better pay, more officers, better equipment and anything else that the department needs to make the job better. Im just saying you think they have more power than they actually do when it comes to your pay rate. If you think the alternative is better then try it out for yourself. I hope anyone who leaves will find success. Unfortunately the city manager couldn't care less if you leave. Which is unfortunate!

Unregistered
    I'm Not saying the admin shouldn't stand up for the officers. I definitely think they should fight for better pay, more officers, better equipment and anything else that the department needs to make the job better. Im just saying you think they have more power than they actually do when it comes to your pay rate. If you think the alternative is better then try it out for yourself. I hope anyone who leaves will find success. Unfortunately the city manager couldn't care less if you leave. Which is unfortunate!
    The admin just recently received big raises. Is it really a priority for them to work on raises for you? ???

Unregistered
    Again, your admin does not have the ability to give raises. That is your city managers job, just like the county manager does for us. You guys have a Union. Don’t you negotiate for your raises? Admin is not generally covered by a union. Have they gotten raises in the past when you have? When is the last time you got raises compared to them? Reading the comments on every thread, it sounds like you’re a very bitter person. Every thread is complaints about your admin with nothing substantive behind it. Come work for the county if you think you will be better off, but I’d suggest you talk to some of the deputies before you make that jump.

Unregistered
    Not surprising the top brass hate you to know how much they make and how little they do lol. 35k is such a disgrace for an officer to start out at.

Unregistered
    ...but your sorely mistaken if you think the sheriff's office taking over is the fix. Their pension sucks and your just a number. I know that works for some of you who are short sighted and just think the money up front is the solution.
    I work for the sheriffs office and my pension’s pretty good. Couple more years, I’ll 45yo. And I’ll be eligible for that “sucky” pension....that will pay me $60K+ a year for the rest of my life......doesn’t seem so bad to me.

Unregistered
    I work for the sheriffs office and my pension’s pretty good. Couple more years, I’ll 45yo. And I’ll be eligible for that “sucky” pension....that will pay me $60K+ a year for the rest of my life......doesn’t seem so bad to me.
    Good for you, good to your own forum turd.

Unregistered
    Again, your admin does not have the ability to give raises. That is your city managers job, just like the county manager does for us. You guys have a Union. Don’t you negotiate for your raises? Admin is not generally covered by a union. Have they gotten raises in the past when you have? When is the last time you got raises compared to them? Reading the comments on every thread, it sounds like you’re a very bitter person. Every thread is complaints about your admin with nothing substantive behind it. Come work for the county if you think you will be better off, but I’d suggest you talk to some of the deputies before you make that jump.
    Any one with any sense can tell this is BD or MS possing as a deputy. I know for a fact Hall had a lot to do with written proposals on the contract a few years back like taking away our comp time. Guess who our rep was that got all her ace kissers to go along with the contract. Yes MS and you wonder how she slipped into a captain position. Go ahead ask around if you doubt this. Dont drink the kool aid like they want you to. And why was MS seen by several with our current PBA rep. She is a Captain and this is something to be questioned. Just let that sink in because shady is what that is.

Unregistered
    MS and JM were seen meeting in a resteraunt with our new PBA man. She has no business doing this behind the scene stuff. Very unethical if you ask me.

Unregistered

Unfortunately your admin have nothing to do with it but recommend a pay increase. They don't have the final decision. That alone falls on the CM & the commission to approve the pay increases. I don't understand why all of you think the admin have so much power in controlling whether you ge a raise or not. I agree everyone that works for the department should make more $, but your sorely mistaken if you think the sheriff's office taking over is the fix. Their pension sucks and your just a number. I know that works for some of you who are short sighted and just think the money up front is the solution.
    PCSO pension is much better than ours long term.
    1 thing they get is 10 dollars a year as a supplement. They stay 25 years, thats a 250 dollar supp towards their monthly insurance.

They just cant leave at 20 like we can. But since Im bartow Ill take that 20 and out option.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast