New position - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New position

Unregistered
    The USFPD will forever be a revolving door for its employees. How the hell can anyone work here for 30 years or until you're 60 years old.

Unregistered
    The Florida retirement system is not based on the old pension retirement program anymore. It was changed to encourage you to go into the investment plan....You can still do it, but you will probably not make it if you decide for the old pension retirement program unless you were like 19 or 20yrs old when you entered it.

Lets look at the facts- if you enter at 30 yrs old, you will need to put in another 30 yrs on the job to make the basic full retirement at 30 years, so you will have to be a 60 yr old cop on the job to make basic retirement. I can almost guarantee you they will harass you and make you retire before you make it there. A 60 year old cop that has been a Sgt. for a long time with no advancement opportunities or does not want to advance to the the LT. position. You will have to be promoted to Lt. or they will try to get rid of you almost guaranteed.

You have to be 60 yrs old now for a minimum high risk retirement. That leaves you with
    75% of your retirement if you take it all and are not married with no children.

You new guys are totally screwed here for a decent future retirement on the job here. It benefits older retired cops, or newer ones that want to work and need a job and have no hope or cares for a decent retirement from the state.

* Best advice-The best Thing you young people can do is try to get hired by a City PD that still has a 20 yr retirement. For most, after 20 yrs, your body is used up and your health will start failing in some way or another. Really who wants a60 yr old cop protecting them. And I can guarantee you the newer ones in charge will try to do there best to run you off before you even get close to 60 years of age. A big thing to think about.

Mod
    You all b*tch like women. I'm ashamed you are considered law enforcement. Your wives probably peg you at home.

Unregistered
    It is a good place to work. If you are lucky, you will meet a few friends you can trust in this job here. Most our out for themselves here. as friends go, "I would rather have four quarters than 100 pennies" - I don't like to quote him, but Al Capone made some sense there

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123