Mod again
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mod again

Unregistered

Mod again

Wonder why SH post are deleted?? Oh wait is SH a mod?? Or maybe his girlfriend is the mod? After all everyone calls her "Moddy." I wonder why???

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wonder why SH post are deleted?? Oh wait is SH a mod?? Or maybe his girlfriend is the mod? After all everyone calls her "Moddy." I wonder why???
    So SH having his house raided by FBI is not discussion worthy?

Unregistered
    So SH having his house raided by FBI is not discussion worthy?
    They'll do anything to cover up for him. I wonder what he has on so many people that they constantly have to cover for him? We all know Otis did, ALOT!! So has Bob. Not only is he not the best law enforcement officer, his gross lack of integrity and blatant arrogance in do what he wants tells me that he had something over the admin and probably SAO. Not to mention posts about him being the main ones getting deleted more than others. Mod 1 says Haines isn't a moderator but one of the mods must be friends with him. "Moddy" may know.

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    You want to know why it was deleted? I will tell you. Somehow, last night somebody got my personal cell phone number and texted me about that thread. I told them that they needed to report it by clicking on the Report this Post button that is available on every post. I told them this: A. Because it is the proper way to report a post, B. I had no idea what board a thread about Scott Haines would be on, C. Reporting it that way would send a link to the board moderator(s) as well as myself. That way someone would look at it.

This morning I saw the report about the thread and went in and looked at it. I found a multitude of violations in the thread. From slams, to improper allegations, to allegations of wrongdoing without proof. Now, had to the thread stuck to discussion about the IA that was done and what was found to have been proven in the IA, along with the link to the IA documents that were there, I would have left the thread. But there was so much other garbage that I had no choice but to delete the thread.

Don't think I delete this stuff to protect the person it is written about. I do it to protect the people that write it. I'm protecting everyone from themselves. I am attempting to prevent lawsuits over the demand for IP addresses for people saying libelous things about other people. Lawsuits that we have won in the past. With the change in the mood in government, judges, and people over law enforcement and other things, I don't know if we could still win these law suits these days. I don't want to have to try if I can help it. I would much rather delete something that violates the Terms of Use than leave it up and get sued for someone's IP address. This has always been my policy. I don't want to every have to give up an IP address of a poster. In 15 years I have never been forced to and hope to never have to.

I hope this clears up a lot and I hope you understand.

Thank you,

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD 1 View Post
    You want to know why it was deleted? I will tell you. Somehow, last night somebody got my personal cell phone number and texted me about that thread. I told them that they needed to report it by clicking on the Report this Post button that is available on every post. I told them this: A. Because it is the proper way to report a post, B. I had no idea what board a thread about Scott Haines would be on, C. Reporting it that way would send a link to the board moderator(s) as well as myself. That way someone would look at it.

This morning I saw the report about the thread and went in and looked at it. I found a multitude of violations in the thread. From slams, to improper allegations, to allegations of wrongdoing without proof. Now, had to the thread stuck to discussion about the IA that was done and what was found to have been proven in the IA, along with the link to the IA documents that were there, I would have left the thread. But there was so much other garbage that I had no choice but to delete the thread.

Don't think I delete this stuff to protect the person it is written about. I do it to protect the people that write it. I'm protecting everyone from themselves. I am attempting to prevent lawsuits over the demand for IP addresses for people saying libelous things about other people. Lawsuits that we have won in the past. With the change in the mood in government, judges, and people over law enforcement and other things, I don't know if we could still win these law suits these days. I don't want to have to try if I can help it. I would much rather delete something that violates the Terms of Use than leave it up and get sued for someone's IP address. This has always been my policy. I don't want to every have to give up an IP address of a poster. In 15 years I have never been forced to and hope to never have to.

I hope this clears up a lot and I hope you understand.

Thank you,

Mod 1
    It's interesting that someone got your personal phone number. Very interesting.

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    It's interesting that someone got your personal phone number. Very interesting.
    I agree. It actually shocked me when I got that text.

Looking back though I have an idea how someone would have gotten it. There is someone no longer affiliated with LEO Affairs who has given it out in the past, that is in no way connected to your agency or area. If someone contacts them they are going to have them contact me. But they sure shouldn't be giving my phone number out.

Stay safe,

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD 1 View Post
    I agree. It actually shocked me when I got that text.

Looking back though I have an idea how someone would have gotten it. There is someone no longer affiliated with LEO Affairs who has given it out in the past, that is in no way connected to your agency or area. If someone contacts them they are going to have them contact me. But they sure shouldn't be giving my phone number out.

Stay safe,

Mod 1
    So the people that saw a CSI van and the feds are lying? I suggest you contact the us attorney's office to get a copy of the search warrant. It is public record.

Unregistered
    So the people that saw a CSI van and the feds are lying? I suggest you contact the us attorney's office to get a copy of the search warrant. It is public record.
    Be careful the Mods will take that down to protect you from saying that.

Unregistered
    You have the burden of proof so I suggest you do it. For all they know the CSI Van could have been "Moddy 732" doing some booty call or the "Feds" could have been stopped by for some chicken soup or stew cooked in a pressure cooker.

Unregistered
    I suggest YOU get a copy. If YOU want to prove your case then YOU have the burden of proof. The mods don't have to prove a damn thing and shouldn't. But you should! Do it!! I dare you! I triple dare you! What are you, chicken??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast