PBA Contract
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PBA Contract

Unregistered

PBA Contract

We must vote NO on the PBA Contract. No Raises and we are giving up to much! We have the fairest promotion process in the state, if not the country. If we are going to give it away, we should get something in return.

VOTE NO! AND LETS GO BACK TO THE TABLE!

Unregistered
    Vote out every member of PBA management. Let’s bring in FOP, PBA leadership is a self serving joke.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We must vote NO on the PBA Contract. No Raises and we are giving up to much! We have the fairest promotion process in the state, if not the country. If we are going to give it away, we should get something in return.

VOTE NO! AND LETS GO BACK TO THE TABLE!
    Raises are listed just as it's always been. The Sheriff will ask the BOCC for a 3% every year.

The only thing that has changed with the promotional process is the Sheriff gets to choose within the top 5 instead of directly down the list. Everything else is the same as before and we have seen what happens when you go down the list, look at the people promoted only because they did good on the testing but made a horrible supervisor. Rank and file know they weren't up to the standard but the command staff doesn't know.

Unregistered
    Raises are listed just as it's always been. The Sheriff will ask the BOCC for a 3% every year.

The only thing that has changed with the promotional process is the Sheriff gets to choose within the top 5 instead of directly down the list. Everything else is the same as before and we have seen what happens when you go down the list, look at the people promoted only because they did good on the testing but made a horrible supervisor. Rank and file know they weren't up to the standard but the command staff doesn't know.
    Amen!!! We are top heavy with some idiots who were horrible deputies now horrible supervisors just because they scored higher on the test, most by fractions of points. They should look at people's history as a deputy and take that into consideration. If you were a subpar deputy then you will be even worse as a supervisor. At least now the Sheriff can weed out the worthless one's a little better than before.

Unregistered
    Amen!!! We are top heavy with some idiots who were horrible deputies now horrible supervisors just because they scored higher on the test, most by fractions of points. They should look at people's history as a deputy and take that into consideration. If you were a subpar deputy then you will be even worse as a supervisor. At least now the Sheriff can weed out the worthless one's a little better than before.
    Guess the top 5 can fight over who can write the biggest check to bypass the ones higher than they are too. Pros and cons both ways depends on your checkbook.

Unregistered
    Guess the top 5 can fight over who can write the biggest check to bypass the ones higher than they are too. Pros and cons both ways depends on your checkbook.
    Seems like some of y’all are selling the Sheriff out before he even has a chance. Just because Ronnie Mac did it doesn’t mean Simmons will. Most agencies have the same policy to weed out the book smart people who don’t have any street sense.

Unregistered
    Chip has caused the sense of more of the same. He talks a really good game but when the rubber meets the road he is just another politician. He had the chance to make some change and get the troops behind him. He is muddling that away. He hasn’t repaired what was broken. Most of all he didn’t distance himself from Morgan. That fact is what hurts him most.

Unregistered
    Chip has caused the sense of more of the same. He talks a really good game but when the rubber meets the road he is just another politician. He had the chance to make some change and get the troops behind him. He is muddling that away. He hasn’t repaired what was broken. Most of all he didn’t distance himself from Morgan. That fact is what hurts him most.
    When you say ‘he had the chance to make some change’, what you mean is, get rid of Eric and Mindy? Correct? I get that the Panhandle Politico crazy woman dug up a few text messages. I would not want to work for a Sheriff who let LEO Affairs and CJ politico dictate policy. It wasn’t his watch until he was sworn in as Car 1. If they mess up while on his watch and he lets it slide, then he has a problem. Too many people on here simply want validation and some sort of satisfaction. I’m not a fan. We can even say I despise EH but still, The Sheriff took office with a clean slate like every other Sheriff has in the past.

Unregistered
    There were no clean slates. Just criminals trying to escape. Chip is weak if he doesn’t handle them for their crimes.

Unregistered
    When you say ‘he had the chance to make some change’, what you mean is, get rid of Eric and Mindy? Correct? I get that the Panhandle Politico crazy woman dug up a few text messages. I would not want to work for a Sheriff who let LEO Affairs and CJ politico dictate policy. It wasn’t his watch until he was sworn in as Car 1. If they mess up while on his watch and he lets it slide, then he has a problem. Too many people on here simply want validation and some sort of satisfaction. I’m not a fan. We can even say I despise EH but still, The Sheriff took office with a clean slate like every other Sheriff has in the past.
    I hear what you're saying and I agree to a degree. So, we'll start by saying we agree that there were some folks who did some impropriety. The hitch in this was that Chip was there in a trusted position of leadership overseeing these folks when these problems and problem children occurred. He was car 2. He had a front row seat to this. If he doesn't separate himself or take action, he's displaying that he's culpable and in cadence with the actions taken. I have the utmost respect for chip! I expect great things from him. I hope he has the fortitude and character i believe he does to get an arms length from even the mere notion of impropriety. Im not saying terminate their employment. Lord knows there is to much of that here! They should not be in trusted positions of leadership if they cannot be trusted or lead. Down the trough!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast