5/17 meeting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5/17 meeting

Unregistered

5/17 meeting

The agenda is up and I feel it’s so fitting we’re going to recognize police employees for their years of service moments before we discuss getting rid of the pd. My prediction is this is shot right down at this meeting and goes no further.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The agenda is up and I feel it’s so fitting we’re going to recognize police employees for their years of service moments before we discuss getting rid of the pd. My prediction is this is shot right down at this meeting and goes no further.
    Agreed and now we know we are dealing with a Benedict Arnold lunatic mayor

Unregistered
    I find it disheartening that some of the younger guys are actually supportive and in favor of this. You may not be vested and can just roll your money into something else but jt would be nice to be supportive of your senior officers.

Unregistered
    I find it disheartening that some of the younger guys are actually supportive and in favor of this. You may not be vested and can just roll your money into something else but jt would be nice to be supportive of your senior officers.
    I find it disheartening why us younger guys are jumping calls for 12 hours straight, getting our vacations and trainings denied due to manpower and our generally treated like crap the older guys hide in specialties go to golfview for 90 minutes per shift and then still go have a sit down meal somewhere while never ever getting their vacations denied or trainings. From what I hear they used to have to cover the road during trainings but they all whined so much and couldn’t handle it that why they got rid of cover squads and make us train on days off

Unregistered
    I find it disheartening why us younger guys are jumping calls for 12 hours straight, getting our vacations and trainings denied due to manpower and our generally treated like crap the older guys hide in specialties go to golfview for 90 minutes per shift and then still go have a sit down meal somewhere while never ever getting their vacations denied or trainings. From what I hear they used to have to cover the road during trainings but they all whined so much and couldn’t handle it that why they got rid of cover squads and make us train on days off
    I have to agree with alot of that, I also believe if a supervisor had a personality conflict, for example, with a long term GVI guy, and the GVI subordinate was subsequently sent to patrol, I actually believe that individual would have a temper tantrum😡😭 and contemplate quitting the agency or just plain quit. That also goes for other long term tenured specialty ppl.

Unregistered
    I have to agree with alot of that, I also believe if a supervisor had a personality conflict, for example, with a long term GVI guy, and the GVI subordinate was subsequently sent to patrol, I actually believe that individual would have a temper tantrum😡😭 and contemplate quitting the agency or just plain quit. That also goes for other long term tenured specialty ppl.
    Who was kicked out of GVI?

Unregistered
    Who was kicked out of GVI?
    GVI is the boys club. Your either part of the cool clique or your not. The worse decision ever was to place the guy in charge who constantly has the unit over for drinking parties and then he reports to someone else who attends the parties. Horrible decision. This is why when you get promoted you should move to a total different unit

Unregistered
    Quit your whining and earn your dues. I worked the road for 20 plus years. And I humped calls all day and did the sh!t calls nobody wanted. Why did you become a cop anyway? For a take home car, a gun, the uniform, to just tell people your a cop. How many thin blue line t-shirts do you own? Do your time and you will see the longer you are there that schools and time off will be readily available in your favor. It was the same for me. And a few years ago they filled SRO spots with people not off probation and less than 1 year at FMPD.

Unregistered
    GVI is the boys club. Your either part of the cool clique or your not. The worse decision ever was to place the guy in charge who constantly has the unit over for drinking parties and then he reports to someone else who attends the parties. Horrible decision. This is why when you get promoted you should move to a total different unit
    Smoke and mirrors that’s all they’re all experts at it

Unregistered
    What happens on the farm stays on the farm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast