I read Jenkins' probable cause
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

I read Jenkins' probable cause

he is a disgusting animal. There is no room for any reasonable doubt that he is guilty. Why is he still collecting a check? I don't care about past practices. He needs to be fired IMMEDIATELY! Let him come in and give a statement as to why his termination is unjust. I would love to see that. All of the politics on this forum aside, every reasonable and decent cop should be calling for his immediate termination. Where is the leadership at on this one? Why is he being given any cover? The longer he remains employed, the worse the smell.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    he is a disgusting animal. There is no room for any reasonable doubt that he is guilty. Why is he still collecting a check? I don't care about past practices. He needs to be fired IMMEDIATELY! Let him come in and give a statement as to why his termination is unjust. I would love to see that. All of the politics on this forum aside, every reasonable and decent cop should be calling for his immediate termination. Where is the leadership at on this one? Why is he being given any cover? The longer he remains employed, the worse the smell.
    The PBA defended former Lieutenant Anthony Collins. He also attempted to take a female officer inside the Northside District. He even followed her onside the female restroom and enter her private stall.

THE LEADERSHIPCOVERED IT UP AND ALLOWED TONY COLLINS TO HONORABLY RETIRE, with JD PatterPATTERSON'S blessings agreed upon by the PBA.

SO JOHN JENKINS IS IN THE SAME FRIENDS AND FAMILY CLUB!

Unregistered
    I'm just a dumb hillbilly, but I thought that when any MDPD PO is arrested for a felony is immediately relieved WITHOUT pay regardless of his rank. How does this individual still keep his salary? Please fill me in.

Unregistered
    I'm just a dumb hillbilly, but I thought that when any MDPD PO is arrested for a felony is immediately relieved WITHOUT pay regardless of his rank. How does this individual still keep his salary? Please fill me in.
    They are relieved with pay until the State Attorney files the information at the arraignment. Once they file, it takes about 1 pay period for the County to stop paying you. You then are suspended without pay until the case is resolved. If it's in your favor than you will go back to ROD with pay until the administrative process is done, if not in your favor you will be officially terminated.

Unregistered
    They are relieved with pay until the State Attorney files the information at the arraignment. Once they file, it takes about 1 pay period for the County to stop paying you. You then are suspended without pay until the case is resolved. If it's in your favor than you will go back to ROD with pay until the administrative process is done, if not in your favor you will be officially terminated.
    Thanks - Question - Essentially 21 days after the arrest, the SAO will most likely file this case at arraignment, the Director will officially change his status to relived without pay and this paperwork usually takes one payroll cycle.
    1. Can he use his sick, annual or comp time in lieu of pay?
    2. What does the relived without pay employee have to return to MDPD?
    3. Can this employee still be promoted during this period?
    4. Does the PBA still offer any assistance to this employee?
    5. How long do cases like this take to resolve?
    6. Will anyone else be subject to administrative discipline since I'm sure other MDPD employees may of had been involved
    as I'm sure the alcohol was flowing?
    7. Last question - This POS mistreated once for absolutely no reason and my FTO told me just to forget about it as he
    was connected. So, is he still connected?
    Thxs

Unregistered
    They should initiate the internal right now and compel him to speak. Don't Mirandize him, simply read Garrity and make him choose between answering questions or being tagged with insubordination. It is shameful that he stayed on the payroll this long with his litany of misconduct and shady actions. MDPD should show some integrity and put the screws to this fat rapist

Unregistered
    They should initiate the internal right now and compel him to speak. Don't Mirandize him, simply read Garrity and make him choose between answering questions or being tagged with insubordination. It is shameful that he stayed on the payroll this long with his litany of misconduct and shady actions. MDPD should show some integrity and put the screws to this fat rapist
    As much as I hate all this, cops are still entitled to due process and Dept policy. Regardless of who they are. MDPDs internal investigations won’t even start until PBSO criminal investigation is completed.

Unregistered
    As much as I hate all this, cops are still entitled to due process and Dept policy. Regardless of who they are. MDPDs internal investigations won’t even start until PBSO criminal investigation is completed.
    There is nothing that requires MDPD to postpone the internal. That is a courtesy that fatass doesn't deserve. In fact, MDPD should demand that he answer questions given the atrocious nature of the allegations and the mountain of evidence against him. Allowing him to continue his employment as a Lieutenant with the MDPD in ANY capacity is disgusting. MDPD is literally keeping a rapist in its ranks and is shielding him. There is nothing in policy or law that requires MDPD to postpone the internal. Nothing. Make him choose between his right to remain silent or his job. His lawyer said he couldn't wait to give his side of the story and clear his good name. Then oblige him. Compel him to give his side of this story or to take an insubordination rap. The statement couldn't be used against him in the criminal case, unless he testified there and said something contradictory, so there is no denial of due process. In fact, you are hurting him more by postponing the internal. His lawyer told you how badly he wants to clear his name. This is the perfect chance. It is a win/win!

Unregistered
    There is nothing that requires MDPD to postpone the internal. That is a courtesy that fatass doesn't deserve. In fact, MDPD should demand that he answer questions given the atrocious nature of the allegations and the mountain of evidence against him. Allowing him to continue his employment as a Lieutenant with the MDPD in ANY capacity is disgusting. MDPD is literally keeping a rapist in its ranks and is shielding him. There is nothing in policy or law that requires MDPD to postpone the internal. Nothing. Make him choose between his right to remain silent or his job. His lawyer said he couldn't wait to give his side of the story and clear his good name. Then oblige him. Compel him to give his side of this story or to take an insubordination rap. The statement couldn't be used against him in the criminal case, unless he testified there and said something contradictory, so there is no denial of due process. In fact, you are hurting him more by postponing the internal. His lawyer told you how badly he wants to clear his name. This is the perfect chance. It is a win/win!
    Thank you once again PLEA for your legal advice but there is something called “due process.” Even better, Officer Bill of Rights. You may want to research the topics. Some of your former members learned that the hard way after following your ridiculous advice.

Unregistered
    Thank you once again PLEA for your legal advice but there is something called “due process.” Even better, Officer Bill of Rights. You may want to research the topics. Some of your former members learned that the hard way after following your ridiculous advice.
    There is no process due to him which requires the internal to be postponed. There is a thing called Garrity that you might want to research. Kirwise, the LEOBOR does not shield him from being investigated internally while the criminal case is being resolved. On the contrary, both of those legal doctrines recognize that he can be compelled to give a statement while criminal charges are pending, hence the recognition in Garrity and 112 that nothing he says in the administrative interview can be used against him in a criminal prosecution. You should read the law before you play lawyer on the internet. You speak of a process that does not exist, much less that is owed to him. His lawyer is begging for the chance to clear his "good name." Instead of protecting fantasy, MDPD should be demanding that he answer questions, but we all know.that won't happen. MDPD has created this monster by ignoring his misconduct all of these years, and that will not change. MDPD will protect him until the bitter end.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast