Traffic Question - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    316.1515 Limitations on turning around.—The driver of any vehicle shall not turn the vehicle so as to proceed in the opposite direction upon any street unless such movement can be made in safety and without interfering with other traffic and unless such movement is not prohibited by posted traffic control signs. A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a moving violation as provided in chapter 318.
    If I ever crash please don’t come work my crash. I really hope you are not a supervisor.

Unregistered
    Don’t listen to the trooper who said the vehicle turning right has the right of way. The statute in which he/she is referring is if the vehicle making the u-turn violating the right of way of oncoming or approaching traffic, not traffic controlled by a red light. It’s like the old saying “I was here first” the driver on the main highway has the right away to any vehicle entering the same highway

Unregistered
    Don’t listen to the trooper who said the vehicle turning right has the right of way. The statute in which he/she is referring is if the vehicle making the u-turn violating the right of way of oncoming or approaching traffic, not traffic controlled by a red light. It’s like the old saying “I was here first” the driver on the main highway has the right away to any vehicle entering the same highway
    Cite your source to support that statement, please.

Unregistered
    Cite your source to support that statement, please.
    It’s the same statute that you posted, you just have your head up your ass and can’t see it. Once a vehicle enters the intersection on a green light or green arrow, they are lawfully within the intersection. A vehicle making a right turn on red must yield to all traffic that is lawfully within the intersection, including the vehicle making the u turn.

Unregistered
    If one driver has had the vaccine and the other driver hasn't, the one that had it has the right of way.

Unregistered
    If one driver has had the vaccine and the other driver hasn't, the one that had it has the right of way.
    BLM drivers have the right of way over anyone. Of you cut a BLM driver off, you might be charged with civil rights violations.

Unregistered
    BLM drivers have the right of way over anyone. Of you cut a BLM driver off, you might be charged with civil rights violations.
    Who has the right of way when one driver is a BLM driver and the other driver is a non-binary gender neutral LGTBQRSTUV driver?

Unregistered
    It’s the same statute that you posted, you just have your head up your ass and can’t see it. Once a vehicle enters the intersection on a green light or green arrow, they are lawfully within the intersection. A vehicle making a right turn on red must yield to all traffic that is lawfully within the intersection, including the vehicle making the u turn.
    I will agree with you that they are lawfully within the intersection if they are following the statute I posted and are turning left, right, or going straight. What if the right turn on red vehicle enters the intersection before the u-turn vehicle and they crash, does that mean the right turn vehicle had the right of way because it was in the intersection first?

FYI, this is what 316.075 has to say about vehicles turning right: "but shall yield the right-of-way to pedestrians and other traffic proceeding as directed by the signal at the intersection,". Please note that the statute does not say to yield to all vehicles within the intersection, as you are claiming.

Once again, vehicles approaching a green light are permitted to turn left, right, or go straight. So the right turn on red vehicle must yield to them. Nowhere in 316.075 does it authorize a vehicle to make a u turn on a green light.

Unregistered
    "other traffic proceeding as directed by the signal at the intersection" come on now

Unregistered
    I will agree with you that they are lawfully within the intersection if they are following the statute I posted and are turning left, right, or going straight. What if the right turn on red vehicle enters the intersection before the u-turn vehicle and they crash, does that mean the right turn vehicle had the right of way because it was in the intersection first?

FYI, this is what 316.075 has to say about vehicles turning right: "but shall yield the right-of-way to pedestrians and other traffic proceeding as directed by the signal at the intersection,". Please note that the statute does not say to yield to all vehicles within the intersection, as you are claiming.

Once again, vehicles approaching a green light are permitted to turn left, right, or go straight. So the right turn on red vehicle must yield to them. Nowhere in 316.075 does it authorize a vehicle to make a u turn on a green light.
    Good question.

ANSWER: The vehicle at the red light should have yielded right-of-way to the vehicle that had the green light.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast