Matt cellars corner 🌽 on leo affairs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

The Federal Grand Jury in the case against four Fort Myers Police Officers has concluded and its investigation did not find sufficient evidence of a commission of a federal crime and the investigation into them is now over.

Officer Jason Jackson
    Sgt. Rick Notaro
    Sgt. Michael Forbes
    Captain Melvin Duke Perry

Matt Cellars
    800-867-5309

Unregistered

Dear Members,

Last night I was made aware of a possible City Council meeting agenda item. In the item, put on by Councilman Burson, it raises discussion about the Lee County Sheriff taking over law enforcement in Fort Myers.

This morning I reached out to Mayor Anderson to discuss the issue. Mayor Anderson does not support the idea and never will. I will be preparing a plan for the May 17th meeting if the item remains and is put out on an official meeting agenda. The information that was passed around last night was a draft agenda and I will continue to monitor it if it is approved.

Please know that I will always fight these issues with whatever it takes and that I support you and the work you do for the City of Fort Myers. The PBA has fought this fight before and we will fight it again. I will continue to update you as we move forward. As always, please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Matt Cellars
    800-867-5309

Unregistered

Dear Members,

In preparation for Monday, May 17th City of Fort Myers Council Meeting, I will be ordering shirts for our members, families, friends, and business owners. I will be pulling all the necessary resources for the meeting and I am urging everyone that is available to attend the meeting. Once I have the shirts I will announce the distribution of them. Please mark your calendar for the City Council Meeting.

Matt Cellars PBA- PROFESSIONAL BOWLERS ASSOCIATION
    800-867-5309

Unregistered

Dear Members,

First, thank you for your patience during this time. I know many of you are feeling a lot of frustration about Councilman Burson agenda item and media statements from last week. As I stated earlier I am urging all of you to attend Monday, May 17th City Council meeting at 4:30 p.m. There are many things that are being worked on by our board to combat this issue. Shirts were ordered last Friday and an emergency meeting announcement will be made soon.

Secondly, this Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. contract negotiations will commence in the conference room on the third floor at Fire Station I. I will provide Zoom information soon. This date and time was negotiated and agreed on prior to Councilman's Burson's agenda item going public. This will not distract our team from fighting Councilman Burson's agenda item.

Matt Cellars
    800-867-5309

Unregistered
    Dear Members,

I wanted to update everyone and announce a membership meeting. Yesterday, I met with Council Burson in reference to Agenda Item 4.3. I provided him with very significant implications of defunding the Fort Myers Police Department and turning over Law Enforcement to the Sheriff's Office. The examples were loss of jobs, reduction in wages and benefits, cost of closing of the police pension (millions of dollars), reduction in service and quality of service. With all that said, Councilman Burson maintained what he said on the news. That was an unacceptable response and I requested that he remove the Agenda Item 4.3. He wouldn't agree and that's how it ended.

I have requested to speak with all members of Council. I have invited members of the Fire Fighters Union and the General Employees Union come out and support Fort Myers Police Officers at Monday's Council meeting.

We will be holding a Membership Meeting this Friday at 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Edison.

I am urging all members, their families, and friends to come to Monday's City Council Meeting. Please get there early (4:00 p.m.) I would like our supporters to occupy the available seats inside chambers, fill the hallways, and overflow outside. Together we will send a message like never seen before!

Matt Cellars
    800-867-5309

Unregistered
    I hope your ordered a lot of child’s medium sized t shirts for all our specialty units that prefer a shirt three sizes too small. Thanks.

Unregistered
    LCSO will welcome you all with open arms. Also to avoid a conflict of interest LCSO will now take over the city hall police detail during meetings.

Unregistered

Doggies

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    LCSO will welcome you all with open arms. Also to avoid a conflict of interest LCSO will now take over the city hall police detail during meetings.
    Can we get shirts for the FMPD K9 team, you know how Carmine loves dawgs!

Unregistered

Hello everyone,

Great news, our shirts are in and I am asking members to wear them at Monday's City Council meeting. Shirts are for only officers that are off-duty, family and friends during the meeting.

Please only ask for shirts for you, your family and friends that will be attending the Monday's City Council meeting. Just send me an email with the number of shirts and sizes. I will make arrangements to get the shirts to you.

We will also be assigning shirts at during our membership meeting on Friday at the Edison Restaurant from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30

Matt
    800-867-5309

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello everyone,

Great news, our shirts are in and I am asking members to wear them at Monday's City Council meeting. Shirts are for only officers that are off-duty, family and friends during the meeting.

Please only ask for shirts for you, your family and friends that will be attending the Monday's City Council meeting. Just send me an email with the number of shirts and sizes. I will make arrangements to get the shirts to you.

We will also be assigning shirts at during our membership meeting on Friday at the Edison Restaurant from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30

Matt
    800-867-5309
    Nice let’s make it public so the cop haters can come complain on everyone at the meeting while on duty time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast