Pension
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pension

Unregistered

Pension

mayor and city council voted the pension change down. Anyone know why?

Unregistered

No support

Was wondering when it would come up on here. They kept it quiet for weeks. I heard they had some closed door meeting. this mayor doesn't support you. Worst pay and pension in the area. No wonder we can't keep cops here

Unregistered
    It wasn't just the mayor. Carl who hates po po stuck a knife in our backs and council let him do it. Worst paid cops around. Bennet and Jordan left for Holmes beach. I've talked to them and they love it there. They got raises when they left and their retirement is better. Sucks.

Unregistered
    I'm new here but probably not for long unless pay and benefits get better. The union here is non existent. You guys looked at leaving pba? Iupa or Fop? Can someone post our pay and benifits? Our union should have a message board in our station with info.

Unregistered
    U must be from up north. Our pay is the worst in the area. If you were hired in the last 8 years your pension is 2.75 which is worst in the state and you pay the most into it. FRS is better. Iupa added info on here a few months back. I'll reach out and see if they will send more info about changing pension plans and union.
    Our problem here is we have no support from this mayor and council.

Unregistered
    Mayor council and Callahan had a closed door meeting a couple weeks ago and secretly killed the plan to fix our pension. We have no support with them. Iupa and FRS.

Unregistered
    And anyone wonders why this city can't keep a cop employed here. It's a joke. I'll be leaving soon myself.

Unregistered
    And anyone wonders why this city can't keep a cop employed here. It's a joke. I'll be leaving soon myself

Unregistered
    Didn't we vote on changing our pension a few years ago?? And now we claim it's the mayors, council, and carls fault?? Hypocrites!! Let's just be honest and blame ourselves

Unregistered
    Nice try. I believe they are talking about the last 50 cops that were hired in the last few years. The city and a select few bargained their pension before they were here. How did that work out. Most cities won't let you do that for the very reason we are having. Cops are leaving. Half the department has less than 5 years on. Should tell you something. Wake up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast