‘Shoot To Incapacitate’ When Deadly Force Is Called For
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

‘Shoot To Incapacitate’ When Deadly Force Is Called For

https://policetribune.com/department...xDDuVp4ojGYtms

“It’s a responsibility, in my opinion, of any police leader to look at options for their police officers so that a deadly force encounter doesn’t necessarily end in a deadly result,” Chief Dekmar explained.

The course teaches officers that in some situations that would traditionally call for deadly force, they have the option to shoot for a suspect’s arms, pelvic region, and legs instead."

Unregistered
    They are at deadly force by sane and lawful standards and you, for some reason, have heartburn over protecting your own life or the lives of others,. Fear not! Give that poor, clearly oppressed, soul a dose of 230 grains from Dr. Gaston. To be administered to the pelvis, so he can spend the next few years learning to walk again while he ponders the various descelation techniques that his trap house OJT left out of the welcome aboard package. Grab that young misguided whipper snapper by shoulder at your photo op, You guys can start a speaking tour together too about the need for additional training for law enforcement,

Then when youre walking out of the Banquet Hall at the Holiday Inn you'll watch him slide into his economy class Mercedes to head home early due to exams in the morning.

The two of you make eye contact and smile simpultaneously. You give him a thumbs up and say "You made it kid".

He looks back and says "F@$k you cracka" as he spins his tires in the parking lot and flees the inevitable traffic stop where he will be I lawfully profiled.

Unregistered
    Well most cops are not that great of a shot to just hit a arm to stop someone. They teach you to hit center mass or head shots and to shoot till the offender isn't a threat anymore. You can train and preach all about deadly force. When bullets are flying by your head and you hear the sound of it, all bets are off. Know one really knows how one will react in a deadly encounter, they train you for most and pray for the best outcome for you. Well to these dumbazz who sit behind a desk. Why not say if you don't shoot at us or others we wouldn't have to shoot you? Were a nations of laws and some freedom. Why not stop selling so many guns? The 2nd amendment, when written, was written over 200 years ago. I think just after a war. So the right to bear arms?? No one but police should ever be out in the public with a firearm, so your right ends at your door.

Unregistered
    Stats say 20% average hit probability on torso shots. Most likely a lot less if attempting to hit a non-lethal area such as an arm or a leg.

Then the incapacitation problem comes in - an armed suspect can still function and cause great bodily harm or death if shot in an arm or a leg. The FBI's Miami shootout proved that.

Bottom line, this is the dumbest idea ever proposed by some libtard politician which will only serve to cause cops to hesitate and get themselves or others killed. We hope this insanity does not come here.

Unregistered
    The elephant in the room which nobody wants to talk about is the decline in moral values and ethics within the agency. This unfortunate trend has been responsible for 80%-90% of the serious incidents often resulting in public embarrassment for the agency. Some of the responsibility lies with the leadership which has been inconsistent and even tolerant of individuals who lack moral values and ethics. The consequences of these politics have been lower quality members remaining on the job when they should have been terminated or severely reprimanded. The public backlash has made it tougher for all LEOs to continue to work in this business.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well most cops are not that great of a shot to just hit a arm to stop someone. They teach you to hit center mass or head shots and to shoot till the offender isn't a threat anymore. You can train and preach all about deadly force. When bullets are flying by your head and you hear the sound of it, all bets are off. Know one really knows how one will react in a deadly encounter, they train you for most and pray for the best outcome for you. Well to these dumbazz who sit behind a desk. Why not say if you don't shoot at us or others we wouldn't have to shoot you? Were a nations of laws and some freedom. Why not stop selling so many guns? The 2nd amendment, when written, was written over 200 years ago. I think just after a war. So the right to bear arms?? No one but police should ever be out in the public with a firearm, so your right ends at your door.
    Please tell me you’re not a cop.....please?? Then tell me you don’t vote.....

Unregistered
    There is no way you work here, even as a jailer. Although a few nut cases have been known to slip through.

Unregistered
    Use the ****roach spray approach - shoot until they stop moving.

Unregistered
    You guys are surprised by this? There are communists working in the building. One in CAP comes to mind that openly boasts of voting for Biden.

"I think just after a war" wow. I cannot wait for the SHTF to finally start.

Unregistered
    You guys are surprised by this? There are communists working in the building. One in CAP comes to mind that openly boasts of voting for Biden.

"I think just after a war" wow. I cannot wait for the SHTF to finally start.
    Communists? No, just poor writing skills. We all can't be as great as you and your two buddies, with negative replies. See, one thing I've noticed over the years is some deputies here, think they are god's gift to law enforcement and your opinion is all that's matters and if one disagrees with you, you try to beat them down. When was the 2nd amendment, written?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast