Uniforms - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uniforms

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well, for liability reasons, maybe someone should care what I think. With such a smart ass comment, maybe I will just make a big deal about this and take it in as a personal challenge to change things. After all, there can be an overwhelming liability when someone dressed in such attire, without badges and/or patches. I would hate to see someone dressed as such use deadly force after someone didn’t recognize the law enforcement officer. You want all of the nice changes and upgrades but with your mindset, maybe you should be wearing a diaper. And to consider, once my letter hits the Sheriff’s desk, he will not have plausible deniability. Do they really issue you bullets and a gun?

Don't listen to what loud mouth jerks have to say. You have a valid point and many of us have raised this question ourselves over the years.

I personally hate standing out in the dark in a white shirt, as well as how hard it is to stay clean on a normal day.

I'm all for a change of uniform that makes more sense.

Unregistered
    Well, for liability reasons, maybe someone should care what I think. With such a smart ass comment, maybe I will just make a big deal about this and take it in as a personal challenge to change things. After all, there can be an overwhelming liability when someone dressed in such attire, without badges and/or patches. I would hate to see someone dressed as such use deadly force after someone didn’t recognize the law enforcement officer. You want all of the nice changes and upgrades but with your mindset, maybe you should be wearing a diaper. And to consider, once my letter hits the Sheriff’s desk, he will not have plausible deniability. Do they really issue you bullets and a gun?
    Try it tough guy. Go write your letter. You ain’t getting nothing changed Karen.

Unregistered
    Sheriffs Beard, Heinrich, and Henderson would have never allowed the image of a deputy sheriff to deteriorate with such lackadaisical attire. Sheriff Gee started to allow the use of polo style shirts in certain atmospheres and events Specialty deputies and detectives were soon wearing the attire and now it has become wide spread. Now, with Sheriff Chronister, the use has spiraled much further and without appropriate (Sheriff) wording, agency patches or badges. I don’t have a problem with the polo style shirts; however, without the display of appropriate indicators is unprofessional and creates liability. It is like wearing a bullet proof vest for a search warrant without the word SHERIFF on the front and back. It should be as easy to identify an individual carrying a firearm in plain view wearing a polo shirt as a law enforcement officer as it should be if he or she was wearing an agency uniform. If one doesn’t want the recognition, they ought to dress casually in a polo shirt but conceal their firearm. It makes common sense and some might consider it the exemption for carrying a firearm in plain view. With all of the criticism (and civil law suits) against law enforcement officers these days, why would you argue against the ability of a person to easily recognize a law enforcement officer openly carrying a firearm. Wouldn’t you, as a law enforcement officer, want to easily recognize a person with an exposed firearm as a law enforcement officer or would you allow anyone to walk around with appropriate indicators and not be concerned. If you want to discuss this matter like an adult, I welcome your response. If you are going to stoop so low as to respond with immaturity, your ability to wear a badge, carry a gun with bullets, an refer to yourself as a deputy sheriff will be in question. Be proud of your position and your career. And as always, stay safe.

Unregistered
    Try it tough guy. Go write your letter. You ain’t getting nothing changed Karen.
    Simmer down, grammatically challenged! I say to encourage the dude to try. It's how change happens.

Unregistered
    It’s not asking too much to change the color of the shirt we have now from white to green and have Velcro stitching for stuff on the uniform instead of cab pins that always fall off or get caught on stuff. A load bearing vest would save the agency a lot of money and keep manpower up with less people being out from back and hip injuries. If you are worried about not looking too tactical get them all in green. It could work.
    They do not care.

Unregistered
    I care. Many of us front line first responders at this agency care. The agency leaders do not care. The are up approval seeking will attack you on this site. Ignore them.

Unregistered
    Don't listen to what loud mouth jerks have to say. You have a valid point and many of us have raised this question ourselves over the years.

I personally hate standing out in the dark in a white shirt, as well as how hard it is to stay clean on a normal day.

I'm all for a change of uniform that makes more sense.
    This.... Plus the come to this site to counter what we post. Basic, and I mean basic PR tactic. They try to offset the posts we initiate. They try to balance the site with employees that “disagree” with us to make it look as if the agency is not fill with only “disgruntled” workers. The also try to add doubt to anyone reading our posts. It is the core function of what we do in the debate world of law enforcement down to the very end at the jury level. Reasonable doubt. It’s clever, but keep posting. The sad truth is that the ones rebutting what we try to expose simply do so in hopes of getting noticed by their keepers, transferred, or promoted out of the same crappy positions we complain about. They want the same things we so. They just refuse to accept it, so they play the game. This agency wants to worry about all these superficial things, but can anyone of you tell me how there is no procedure in place for a night shift deputy to confirm a no contact order? An agency self proclaimed to be one of the oldest and largest in the nation and the most advanced and progressive and we can’t even perform the most basic of function? Perfect example of how this agency and its are up goons work. Instead monitoring or countering what we post here on this site, why don’t you run back to the brass member who’s asss you sniff and holds your leash and mention to them how we can’t confirm no contact orders. Make yourself useful. Or will that slow up your fast tracking or promise of transfer?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12