A working day for DBPR Investigator
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

A working day for DBPR Investigator

What all does a work day consist of for you?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What all does a work day consist of for you?
    Your question is too vague. DBPR has a dozen of investigator positions (H&R, Professional Reg, etc) but no position in ABT is called investigator. Please be specific in your request. Your inquiry is important to us. We will respond within 48 hours.

Unregistered
    You have no idea of the stress we are under. This is a high pressure job with an incredible amount of responsibility. We like to vent - it keeps us from doing something crazy like taking a job with some other state agency. To help you get the big picture, I will walk you through a typical day.

Wake up early (8:30 or so) and start the trip to the office.
    Stop and get breakfast to go, since you have a full day - no time to waste.
    Stop and get a newspaper.
    Stop and pay the phone and power bill.
    Stop and return a faucet to Lowe's.
    Stop and pick up better faucet at Home Depot.
    Complain to yourself about your state car, lack of the latest iPhone and paltry clothing allowance.
    Complain to yourself about that pesky agent in your office that wants your help with an investigation.
    Avoid the Captain.
    Sneak in and create the impression you have been there a couple hours.
    Avoid the LT.
    Check email (state and personal) read the paper, eat your breakfast at your desk. Be sure to explain how you are too busy to meet the rest of the agents at Cracker Barrel.
    Unzip your portfolio and check your complaints. Decide which one you can fit in to the remainder of the day.
    Set that aside while you venture out to take care of some "personal issues."
    Avoid the LT.
    Lunch.
    Claim a couple hours work while cruising the 'net development of "intel".
    Drive to 10 minute oil change to make appointment for oil change.
    Realize the day is almost over - knock out some "busy" work.
    Call the LT and announce you may be late tomorrow in order to offset the extra hours from today.
    Back to the office or head home.

Rinse and repeat.

Unregistered

🍀

Check here on Affairs web for the latest bulletins and drive to office. My lt directs me on days activities at roll call. I stop by the discount food store on way back to my duplex where I pick up the off brand Fruit Loops. We work for 4 Fruit Loops. It is important to remember their names for interview Lord Weaselnuts, Aspergers Non Binary, Sparky Tardman, and Squirrely Worley. Make sure you bring up these 4 by name on your interview and you are sure to receive job offer. Today is Sunday. On Sundays I offer an animal sacrifice to appease the hatchet man Squirrely Worley and keep the QAR’s away. Remember to use your radio or you have to write a report.

Unregistered
    You have no idea of the stress we are under. This is a high pressure job with an incredible amount of responsibility. We like to vent - it keeps us from doing something crazy like taking a job with some other state agency. To help you get the big picture, I will walk you through a typical day.

Wake up early (8:30 or so) and start the trip to the office.
    Stop and get breakfast to go, since you have a full day - no time to waste.
    Stop and get a newspaper.
    Stop and pay the phone and power bill.
    Stop and return a faucet to Lowe's.
    Stop and pick up better faucet at Home Depot.
    Complain to yourself about your state car, lack of the latest iPhone and paltry clothing allowance.
    Complain to yourself about that pesky agent in your office that wants your help with an investigation.
    Avoid the Captain.
    Sneak in and create the impression you have been there a couple hours.
    Avoid the LT.
    Check email (state and personal) read the paper, eat your breakfast at your desk. Be sure to explain how you are too busy to meet the rest of the agents at Cracker Barrel.
    Unzip your portfolio and check your complaints. Decide which one you can fit in to the remainder of the day.
    Set that aside while you venture out to take care of some "personal issues."
    Avoid the LT.
    Lunch.
    Claim a couple hours work while cruising the 'net development of "intel".
    Drive to 10 minute oil change to make appointment for oil change.
    Realize the day is almost over - knock out some "busy" work.
    Call the LT and announce you may be late tomorrow in order to offset the extra hours from today.
    Back to the office or head home.

Rinse and repeat.
    That's only 99.9% accurate! You forgot.... operate a pyramid scheme to sell healthcare supplements from your back seat. Make deliveries of said supplements only to have those deliveries show up on the DAS as vacuumed and organized state car.

Unregistered
    That's only 99.9% accurate! You forgot.... operate a pyramid scheme to sell healthcare supplements from your back seat. Make deliveries of said supplements only to have those deliveries show up on the DAS as vacuumed and organized state car.
    Ok who was selling stuff out of their state car???

Unregistered
    Ok who was selling stuff out of their state car???
    Multiple people making deliveries for their off duty endeavours while on duty. That is a fact.

Unregistered
    Multiple people making deliveries for their off duty endeavours while on duty. That is a fact.
    Put up or shut up!! Facts only!! Sounds like BS!!

Unregistered
    Some of you fatties could use some supplements

Unregistered
    Some of you fatties could use some supplements
    Nah most of that stuff is the snake oil. I'm good with Krispy Kreme!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast