Thinking out loud...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Thinking out loud...

An open letter to all my fellow rooks who may come on this website...

Quick disclaimer, by no means am I the smartest person in the room, but, I’ve seen so much recently, that I feel the need to say something, because ultimately I want us all to get to retirement.

It’s crazy how the human psych works.
    They ask you to do a lot, and you want to do nothing.

They ask you to do nothing, and you want to do a lot.

That seems to be the issue. Some of us can’t handle doing nothing all day. My advice? Get your mindset right. I’m sure you heard “everything is a mindset” in the academy multiple times. You’re job here is to be an SRO. Not a cop. Although on paper it says the latter. Unless you’re in a hot area, or a HS, whatever, there’s always an exception. But don’t get caught up, because you’ll find yourself caught up in trouble. Stay off social media, that’s hard, because of the times we’re living in. But it’s an absolute poison. And remember what chief says, “downtime is the devils time” stay lowkey!

If you want to do real police work, do your time, and find a new home. Don’t be one of those folks who gets “fired” or “asked to resign” cause again, you’re a cop on paper. And when you lose this job, no one else is going to hire you. Believe that. Be an SRO, and you’ll keep your job. Look for new opportunities if you want new experiences. Cause it’s clear cut what they want here: 09/13 shake hands, wave and smile.

Lastly, always remember what they told Tony Montana (Scarface) “The guys who last in this business are the guys who fly straight, low-key, quiet” he didn’t listen, and look at how that movie ended. See you all on the other side xoxo

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    An open letter to all my fellow rooks who may come on this website...

Quick disclaimer, by no means am I the smartest person in the room, but, I’ve seen so much recently, that I feel the need to say something, because ultimately I want us all to get to retirement.

It’s crazy how the human psych works.
    They ask you to do a lot, and you want to do nothing.

They ask you to do nothing, and you want to do a lot.

That seems to be the issue. Some of us can’t handle doing nothing all day. My advice? Get your mindset right. I’m sure you heard “everything is a mindset” in the academy multiple times. You’re job here is to be an SRO. Not a cop. Although on paper it says the latter. Unless you’re in a hot area, or a HS, whatever, there’s always an exception. But don’t get caught up, because you’ll find yourself caught up in trouble. Stay off social media, that’s hard, because of the times we’re living in. But it’s an absolute poison. And remember what chief says, “downtime is the devils time” stay lowkey!

If you want to do real police work, do your time, and find a new home. Don’t be one of those folks who gets “fired” or “asked to resign” cause again, you’re a cop on paper. And when you lose this job, no one else is going to hire you. Believe that. Be an SRO, and you’ll keep your job. Look for new opportunities if you want new experiences. Cause it’s clear cut what they want here: 09/13 shake hands, wave and smile.

Lastly, always remember what they told Tony Montana (Scarface) “The guys who last in this business are the guys who fly straight, low-key, quiet” he didn’t listen, and look at how that movie ended. See you all on the other side xoxo
    Therein lies the problem with civil service and government jobs. You don’t know the first thing about performance and how to compete. Laziness and not making any waves is rewarded. The author of this is the problem. We have too many of what you described around here, and have had for years.

Unregistered
    Therein lies the problem with civil service and government jobs. You don’t know the first thing about performance and how to compete. Laziness and not making any waves is rewarded. The author of this is the problem. We have too many of what you described around here, and have had for years.

Lmaoooo, this clown, I’ll compete at the county...not here. Clearly the, message being sent here went over your head. This is about how to keep your job if you want out...Go pound sand.

Unregistered
    Spoken like a true lazy coward. Nobody has ever been fired here, in or outside our jurisdiction for doing lawful police work.

Unregistered
    Spoken like a true lazy coward. Nobody has ever been fired here, in or outside our jurisdiction for doing lawful police work.
    SB is a place for zeros that are too afraid to do real police work. Go back to your 09-13.

Unregistered

$$$ easy money

SB is a place for zeros that are too afraid to do real police work. Go back to your 09-13.
    Well you got one thing right there area a lot of zeros in the annual salary now so not really caring about what opinion you have. This is a great place to have a career and if you don't have to bust your rump, what's so bad about that. Great schedule, holidays, no weekends.
    You'd have to be a moron to leave. Remember the ol saying, work smarter, not harder...tee hee....

Unregistered
    Well you got one thing right there area a lot of zeros in the annual salary now so not really caring about what opinion you have. This is a great place to have a career and if you don't have to bust your rump, what's so bad about that. Great schedule, holidays, no weekends.
    You'd have to be a moron to leave. Remember the ol saying, work smarter, not harder...tee hee....
    Our salary is nothing to brag about, plenty of other departments making at least double what we make cause they actually have OT. To bad you’ll never be a real cop. Plenty of people already leaving this dump.

Unregistered
    Totally disagree with this comment.

The officers are the only ones who actually want to work. It’s the departments “09-13 MOTTO” that keeps the officers in check and that stupid ass law of keeping an officer in a school all day.

This place is just a stepping stone. Good for 1 to 2 years. Then off to an actual police department and do some valuable work.

This place will never get caught up. We will never fill all the schools. We will never have an afternoon shift or midnight shift.

This place is ideal for the officer who is close to retirement or a retired county officer.

Unregistered
    Totally disagree with this comment.

The officers are the only ones who actually want to work. It’s the departments “09-13 MOTTO” that keeps the officers in check and that stupid ass law of keeping an officer in a school all day.

This place is just a stepping stone. Good for 1 to 2 years. Then off to an actual police department and do some valuable work.

This place will never get caught up. We will never fill all the schools. We will never have an afternoon shift or midnight shift.

This place is ideal for the officer who is close to retirement or a retired county officer.
    I agree. This dept is going to shit.

Unregistered

Say what??

Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    i agree. This dept is going to shit.
    going to shit!? Man you do not know what youre talkin about. This agency has gone from a small operation to full ops.
    Now the workload has slowed down. That is a good thing. It means crime is down.
    If you were here when we were hopping call to call before , you would say ahhh this is nice. Shut your pie hole and enjoy the easy money 💰🏄*♂️🎅

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast