Danger Road: Bullets fly on I-95 as FHP shrugs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...gs/ar-BB1go1aq

I've always been in favor of not turning crime investigations over to 10-49 ( I mean, seriously, when I came on I was told by my Sergeant that all non-S4's were yo be turned over. The SO was really tired of taking our S22-D's, so much so eventually the Sheriff talked about it with the Troop Commander at the time) but we just don't have the resources to process and investigate these types of cases. Not testing DNA for 9 months is unacceptable. Time for a state-wide policy to come over about BCII's investigations of violent crimes.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...gs/ar-BB1go1aq

I've always been in favor of not turning crime investigations over to 10-49 ( I mean, seriously, when I came on I was told by my Sergeant that all non-S4's were yo be turned over. The SO was really tired of taking our S22-D's, so much so eventually the Sheriff talked about it with the Troop Commander at the time) but we just don't have the resources to process and investigate these types of cases. Not testing DNA for 9 months is unacceptable. Time for a state-wide policy to come over about BCII's investigations of violent crimes.
    Nothing new. Lowest paid and understaffed agency in the nation. What do you expect? Once a dump, always a sump. Disband FHP and give all the money to locals. As you can see, they can do a better job. It’s embarrassing for the families.

Unregistered
    The article really slams FHP hard. I don't blame the individual Troopers, I blame the governor and legislators. Understaffed and underpaid. Stay safe, retired LEO.

Unregistered
    Nothing new. Lowest paid and understaffed agency in the nation. What do you expect? Once a dump, always a sump. Disband FHP and give all the money to locals. As you can see, they can do a better job. It’s embarrassing for the families.
    That sounds like retarded math or common core...lowest paid agency in the country...I think not!

Unregistered
    That sounds like retarded math or common core...lowest paid agency in the country...I think not!
    You must be a Rookie. Look it up idiot, that’s if you onow how to use google. It will come up automatically.

Unregistered
    Yes yes, disband FHP and defund the police. You stupid fool. Locals are not getting a cent from the state if FHP seize to exist, you will hump all those calls on the Interstate. Getting $ from the State for your county? Lmao, I had a good laugh.

Not sure where you all work at, but in my Troop FHP handles everything on the Interstate. Domestics, shootings, road rage, etc. Only time we might call the locals is if there is a party and they have loud music. And there are no parties on the Interstate.

Unregistered

Tallahasee and management

Tallahasee expects so much but yet pays their investigators shit. To say the least. They give no real training. The agency doesn’t have a crime scene but management demands their investigators to act like the first 48 homicide detectives and get dna, crime scene, photographs, evidence, warrants all under 90 days yet they are using those units not only for major crimes but for stupid shit like dignitary protection when they can use road patrol or allocate new positions just for such tasks. Units are always on call. But they assign one person only and demand they go to these major crime scenes alone because they don’t have a real investigative structure. FHP is extremely underpaid, cost of living hasn’t changed in over 20 years. They aren’t even close to competitive pay. Troopers get paid about $3k per month. Once a month salary and they are forced to work so much off duty details to just basically survive. God forbid they get into a use of force they are put aside for 2 years until investigation closes. DeSantis needs to see that state employees, especially our law enforcement are underpaid and over worked. They need a decent step plan or a max out plan with yearly raises. They added major crimes to a section yet no money, training, new positions were added. They take new investigators and give them a shitty training and expect so much of them. A nice new car and a fancy laptop means shit to troopers. Troopers are hungry. They are starving. The trooper who has a property, a nice car or a decent living you can guarantee his monthly hours are maxed out. Tallahasee keeps on hiring new recruits to send them off to well paying agencies. The turnout rate for hiring and leaving agency is disgusting. WAKE UP Tallahasee, stop drinking the BS and take care of your people. Uniform creases and fancy hats won’t fix this problem.

Unregistered
    Yes yes, disband FHP and defund the police. You stupid fool. Locals are not getting a cent from the state if FHP seize to exist, you will hump all those calls on the Interstate. Getting $ from the State for your county? Lmao, I had a good laugh.

Not sure where you all work at, but in my Troop FHP handles everything on the Interstate. Domestics, shootings, road rage, etc. Only time we might call the locals is if there is a party and they have loud music. And there are no parties on the Interstate.
    We usually call the locals if someone needs a knee on their necks.

Unregistered
    You must be a Rookie. Look it up idiot, that’s if you onow how to use google. It will come up automatically.
    I typed in lowest paid whore and your wife called me

Unregistered
    Just to prove you're a fat retard...

FHP Academy starting salary $38,034
    MSP Academy starting salary $35,000

And that is just a search of one state agency, even know your dumbass said "agency in the nation"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast