New hire Panama City Beach - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3281106]
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What are the off duty and secondary opportunities like in that office? I recently retired from an agency in South Florida so I’m looking to relocate. How quickly can you promote in that office?[/QUOTE

Three agents in that office. Promoting there? Slim to no chance.
    Promoting in that district is rare since people don't often leave. The LT's have been there 10 years and captain- 35 years.
    Most of the agents have been there 15-20 years.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3281319]

Promoting in that district is rare since people don't often leave. The LT's have been there 10 years and captain- 35 years.
    Most of the agents have been there 15-20 years.
    So what’s the reason the panhandle is so stable and the south end of the state is a disaster people always coming and going

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3281348]

So what’s the reason the panhandle is so stable and the south end of the state is a disaster people always coming and going
    Cost of living

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3281375]

Cost of living
    The state pays the same or better than most PD's and SO's. So you can live on your pay. Not so down south. It is a slower less stressful less crowded way of life.

Unregistered
    Pay 100%. I believe the 39k starting is comparable to most surrounding agencies in the panhandle. Here in the south most agencies start at 55k with step plans taking you up to 75 over 10 years so who the hell wants to work for 39k when you can make that.

Unregistered
    The ad closed today. How long before I hear something? What is the process? Do I get a car on day 1, or after FTO? Can I work off duty while on probation? Can I skip FTO since I have 20 years at the PD? Can I bring and carry my own gear?

Unregistered
    The ad closed today. How long before I hear something? What is the process? Do I get a car on day 1, or after FTO? Can I work off duty while on probation? Can I skip FTO since I have 20 years at the PD? Can I bring and carry my own gear?
    Sound like we have a Delta level operator here !

Unregistered
    Sound like we have a Delta level operator here !
    Last year I made the decision to trust my life on the street to Second Chance body armor. I got the level IIa because it stops the most rounds. plus I got the Trauma Plate for the front.

What scares me is that, although I can fit an extra trauma plate in the front, I cannot fit a second one in back. As of late I have taken to duct-taping a second trauma plate to the area of my back where the heart and vital organs are located. Then I put my vest on.

Here is the questions. The duct tape solution, although tactically sound, is hot and painful to remove. I would like to go to the single-plate solution in back. What I am worried about is repeated hits to that area with .308 ammunition. I have a high-risk security job and I fear that I would be the target for repeated long-distance shots to my back.

Are any of you aware of a thicker plate that could stop, say, .338 Lapua or something like that? Is there a better way to do the second plate?

BTW, I am, of course, usually carrying a pair of ceramic plates in my briefcase so that I can shield my head. My SO (we work as a team when necessary) has a similar accessory containing a breakdown NEF single-shot 300 WinMag with an 18″ bbl. The plan is that I shield us with my body and “catch the rounds” while she assembles the NEF. I lay down covering fire with my 23 (Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel) and she makes the long shots. I will then throw smoke grenades to obscure the area while continuing to lay covering fire. The problem, of course, is when I have to turn my back to run, and then the problem crops up.

Unregistered
    I am considering a transfer to a line of work that is much less boring, and the equipment and the opponents you have listed intrigues me. I would like to visit your facility, and view your training grounds. The whole mall gig is getting old, and I feel less and less appreciated at our retail center. What I am trying to say is, does your agency have room for a few good men? Another fearless crusader, to watch over the safety of the halfwitted masses? I believe that my tac-team may be able to continue without me, I hate to leave them at the mercy of the dimwit crowd, but that op will be finished out of my jurisdiction one way or the other. The PD has dealt with the gangs long enough, they should be able to keep their heads above surface should I cease my endless pursuit of them, but I just have to wonder if working ops on a traveling freelance basis once again wouldn’t be just the thing to rejuvanate my career.

I wondered.

But then again I think of the mayors nephew, his face distored with tears and terror, the GAP employees who asked for my autograph, and had to settle for a cover identity’s signature, the flashbangs, and their acrid scent, the small of napalm in the evening breeze, as I crouch behind a shopping cart in the parking lot, the target practice with my dearest comrades and friends, the members of my teams, and our live fire exercises-Can I leave it all behind? should I?

I hear Panama City Beach is nice this time of year.

Unregistered
    Run far far away from this place and don’t look back

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast