New hire Panama City Beach
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

New hire Panama City Beach

Any insight? How is the working environment and office? Anything to be aware of?

Unregistered
    The office and area are nice. The Panama City guys tend to think there still real cops working road patrol though.

Unregistered
    Are you sworn or non sworn?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are you sworn or non sworn?
    We call LEI II special agents. They are sworn. Inspectors are nonsworn.

Unregistered
    What are the off duty and secondary opportunities like in that office? I recently retired from an agency in South Florida so I’m looking to relocate. How quickly can you promote in that office?

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3281100]What are the off duty and secondary opportunities like in that office? I recently retired from an agency in South Florida so I’m looking to relocate. How quickly can you promote in that office?[/QUOTE

Three agents in that office. Promoting there? Slim to no chance.

Unregistered
    They haven’t posted any sworn jobs for Panama City so I’m assuming your applying for inspector non sworn. They haven’t hired in anyone off the street for that office in years because everyone transfers there. As for promotions that will never happen. I know of three LTs that are waiting for the chance to transfer there.

Unregistered
    What are the off duty and secondary opportunities like in that office? I recently retired from an agency in South Florida so I’m looking to relocate. How quickly can you promote in that office?
    Nobody in nwf works off duty unless it is at an academy

Unregistered
    They haven’t posted any sworn jobs for Panama City so I’m assuming your applying for inspector non sworn. They haven’t hired in anyone off the street for that office in years because everyone transfers there. As for promotions that will never happen. I know of three LTs that are waiting for the chance to transfer there.
    The ad was posted today in PF. It closes next week.

Unregistered
    Interesting dynamics there. They moved the captain position there and did away with the LT so the captain is the LT as well. Very rare to have an open position there and the last couple openings were filled with a transfer. I bet this one will be a transfer too. Panhandle positions are rare. It could be years before another one comes along.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast