Why do we need to designate a back up unit or as referred to as s-35. So this person is designated to back officers up while the initial responding officer does all the work. Why not just assign officers to a zone and us the closest one to the call for back up. Also why do we have so many officers responding to non emergency calls when one officer is sufficient. I will tell you why, because they try to get out of calls in thier zone. As a new officer I have noticed all our k-9 officers are always designated as OIC or S-35. The problem is when the Sergeant is there they act like they are still running the shift and will not answer any report calls. These guys make alot more pay than most of us new officers and do much much less work. This is why most of us look for other agencies because of the games these senior people play as if they are entitled to work less. Other agencies I have talked to about this think it is stupid and this type of stuff would never fly at thier agencies. Not to bash our K-9 people but they never use thier dogs. If you dont believe me look at thier stats. Just pathetic.