Racisim

Thread: Racisim

Unregistered

Racisim

This was given to me by someone in the City, is this true? Is anyone in the City looking into it? The F.O.P, the Manager, Human resources? I was told this was given to the Commissioners, Manager, Human Resources and others.

If this is true get back to me on the Blog. Don’t these officers have any representation, are these charges being investigated? Where is the Union? Who sent this in?

If any of this is true maybe the Chief should be fired. Contract violations, RACISIM!!!! Easy to check and appears truthful, verify with the officers.

Chief Noriega has purposefully violated Article 10 of the past and current Collective Bargaining Agreement between NBV and the Florida State Lodge, Fraternal Order of Police for over a year now.
    Article 10 contains and states, in both past and present contracts, that a vacant Sergeant position must be filled within thirty (30) days of vacancy. Chief Noriega has failed to adhere to this police contract and is now—over a year later—proposing a new Sergeant’s Test, thus denying two deserving officers their legally earned promotion.

Over two (2) years ago Chief Noriega placed then Ofc. W. Andino, a Hispanic male, in a Sergeant’s position and even extended his 1-year probation overly long in an attempt to help him keep his position. Sgt. Andino was, unfortunately, removed from his Sergeant position over one year ago on 3/5/2020 despite the additional time given to succeed in the position. Sergeant J. McVay, a Caucasian male who already occupied his position prior to Noriega’s joining the department, was terminated approximately seven months ago on 9/15/2020. Their positions, together totaling two vacancies, were never filled, and both are excessively past the contractual mandated thirty (30) days.

Chief Noriega knowingly and intentionally picks and chooses when to uphold the law along with any associated rules and regulations as well as when he cares about integrity. This postponement may seem trivial and Chief Noriega is counting on it seeming that way to those unaware of his duties, but his subordinates know better and it certainly is not a trivial matter to the two (2) officers next on the list—Officers W. Sajdak and Corporal D. Floyd. Many in the Police Department are confused and question Chief Noriega’s actions given his refusal to follow or even acknowledge protocol or legal contracts.

Racism appears to be at the root of his decisions. Aside from the aforementioned shenanigans, he has intentionally and without regard or reason denied Officer Sajdak, a Caucasian, and Corporal Floyd, an African American, their rights to a promotion they have already qualified for and earned based on standard operating procedures and legal contracts. Noriega’s calculated and grievous acts against them are another illustration of him abusing his power. He will continue until someone puts a stop to it.

Additionally, Chief Noriega has affected, and continues to affect, the financial status of these officers. Withholding their promotions negatively impacts them in various ways and also precludes their ability to provide better financial security for their families.

Moreover, his actions and lack thereof have cast aspersions in the minds of others, both internally with NBV officers and externally within the NBV community, as to Sajdak’s and Floyd’s ability to serve in a full Sergeant’s leadership capacity. His decision presents as a lack of faith and trust in Sajdak’s and Floyd’s abilities and creates an unfair, semi-hostile, environment fostering a lack of trust and respect these officers are due from their peers and the Community.

Chief Noriega’s decisions and actions clearly demonstrate his inability to lead appropriately in a professional, law-abiding manner. Furthermore, it represents and points to his inability to maintain integrity, a quality that which is demanded of a Chief.

In order to work towards righting this egregious wrongdoing and hopefully avoid another lawsuit courtesy of Chief Noriega, both officers should be immediately promoted to Sergeant as both are already qualified and proven in their capabilities. The best way to prevent, or at least minimize, the retaliation Noriega is known for is to waive their probationary period, which would already have ended and would also serve as a way to further make amends to the officers for Chief Noriega’s malfeasance.

There is also the matter of compensation owed to consider. However, the second most significant and proportionately congruous response to this complaint and for the officers he sought to malign is to finally hold Noriega accountable. His abuse must stop and the only way to do so is to officially hold him liable for his refusal to adhere to Police Contracts, his underlying racial overtones, and his willful disregard for integrity that he only seeks to feign at his convenience.

Unregistered

Fop?

There haven’t been any real representation since our FOP allowed Ceasar to be president. Simpleton is in charge! Ceasar sucks Noriega and Noriega just sucks!

Unregistered
    This letter and the attached is in reference to Chief Carlos Noriega and is meant to shed light on what is occurring within the North Bay Village Police Department (NBV PD). I humbly and kindly request your assistance in ensuring the incidents listed in my attachment are formally investigated instead of mishandled as in the past.

I understand that, when concerns of wrongdoing are leveled at an “Officer of Rank,” some choose to have it investigated as a personnel complaint versus an IA complaint. However, this helps wash their record and is why the only ethically-sound way to hold him accountable is to investigate this as an IA complaint where it is handled externally to NBV PD and to not use anyone associated with or past partners of NBV PD.

Most are unaware of Chief Noriega’s earlier misdeeds because none were looked into correctly or documented accurately. Some were intentionally swept under the rug for fear of criticism to NBV and the majority of others involved soft inquiries where his subordinates and colleagues had to supply information and feared retaliation because anything less than an IA complaint likely means he is ultimately being protected. Chief Noriega capitalizes on these fears.

While he is guilty of many things and this is a lesser offense in comparison to previously known infractions, it is still egregious nonetheless. Chief Noriega continues to violate laws, policies and proper procedures. Additionally, he abuses others with his power and it is time to start holding him accountable before matters worsen. It is imperative for the City of NBV to begin officially chronicling Chief Noriega’s corruption or he will continue to harm those sworn to loyally serve beneath him in NBV PD as well as the NBV Community.

With your overview, I trust that his recent transgressions will be handled correctly.

Sincerely,

This also was sent with the original letter and from the looks of things nothing will be investigated. The manager and Commissioners are all in cover up mode, as much as we need the police in the City I guess the officers don't get an even shake. I'm sure the City has your back, HA! HA! HA! Everyone must be dirty or this would have been looked into. I hear that were many back dated memo's to change the facts.

Where are the officers representatives? Where are your representatives? It will happen to you on the next test.