Publix officer needs to be fired! - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes let the animals take over and police themselves, protect yourself and family only
    Why haven't you started doing this? Outside of a 3-15, I drive no more then 10 MPH over the speed limit to get to 3"s. I write a report on everything! Most sure are a waste of time but CYA, is what's called for here. Active patrol, what's that. I park right in my zone, smile at the boy's-n-the hood. Even B.S, with them. If I don't witness the crime, nothing more I can do. Tickets??? 2 this entire years so far. I'm not lazy or let others, do my work. If I'm not going to get any backing, why up the changes of getting nailed for proactive police work. I arrest, for the mandatory, when it's called for. I'll back up who even needs it. I won't lie for you, do any creative writing, cause the Sgt wants one arrested. My time is spend, activity patrolling my area, being visible. I'm far from being officer friendly. I gave up a long time ago, trying to please others here, make them look good, only to have them sh!t on you, later. When it's in their best interest (selfish interest) I get along with just about everybody, except new Sgt's that think they can change the world, with their B.S. If this makes me lazy or a bad cop, then so be it. I don't need to please you, kiss your azz or make it look like you know what your doing. This department, breeds racism, with what they do to their own people. F&F needs to go! New directives need to be done. If a staff member hook's up with another, your married, your both out. Not married either of you, can't be under same command. The higher in rank. your more your over, so keep it in your pants. Hold staff to a higher accountability, then you expect for us. Get them out from behind their desk's and go out on the streets and get a first look at what's going on. Don't relay on word of mouth, from others, that only serve their own interest. Don't be quick to judge officers, cause a honest mistake was done. If one lies, kick them to the curb but hold those above them accountable too.

Well my few seconds of a b!tch fest is done and I'm sure the replies will be tearing me a new one. News flash, I don't have any azz left. It's been chewed off over the years. I learned a new way of dealing with problem supervisor's on up. I play the racism card and say your only doing this, cause I'm one of the few remaining whites here. Doesn't really fly, but the look on their face, is worth it.

Unregistered

Update needed - Officer ROD. vs Publix homeless guy

A quick view -MPD webpage doesn't show a 'quick link' to any ref regarding homeless - did we miss this? as its an obvious problem in Miami - homelessness and crime

Tackling this issue who's job- MPD/social services/business community?

To assist this wonderful Publix officer in clearing the ROD - we know his time off was spent thinking about an effective policy to make sure this never happens again to any of his fellow officers. Drafting up for Officer Alex was easy - Chief speak with him about his merits and whether he will be up to manage a new policy for you for the coming year -
    Give him the tools to oversee - allow him the authority from his experience - get him going on a new effective plan

MPD Homeless Outreach Team

Is the Miami Police Department’s philosophy to Educate, Encourage, and Enforcement in partnership with the City of Miami , County of Miami Dade, and Homeless Outreach Teams (HOT) in Miami?

The city of Miami currently budgets (?) homeless outreach teams, each team has (?) civilian Case Manager and (?) Police Officers , who conduct outreach on (on what days) each week. Who is MPD frequently joined by (numerous other social service organizations that participate in the effort - who is doing what?)

The sworn members of the Homeless Outreach Team are under the supervision of Miami Police Major (name), a Commander of the police department’s Patrol Division (name). Members of the Homeless Outreach Team perform outreach services which are the main focus of the unit.

The city of Miami Homeless Outreach Team has several ways of assisting people in need which includes conducting outreach, case management, a voucher program, the Homeless Outreach Team program at the Salvation Army, and partnership with local outside agencies (name). These efforts have proven to be effective (verify stats) as more services are being offered to those in need. (we don't want more - aim to solve) The following is an outline of each process the Homeless Outreach Team is utilizing to help those in need. New ways of assisting the displaced are being discussed daily.

Educate, Encourage, and Enforcement Philosophy
    Members of the Miami Police Department will Educate individuals on what services are available through the local Continuum of Care by the Coordinated Entry System.

Members of the Miami Police Department will Encourage individuals upon every contact to meet with the Homeless Outreach Team and to accept transportation to service providers and/or the Coordinated Entry system.

Members of the Miami Police Department will take Enforcement action when Education and Encouragement have failed or the situation dictates immediate action. (what is the specific MPD policy ref/DO #)

What Outreach? - involving MPD
    Outreach is the meeting with people where they are geographically, philosophically and emotionally. This is the essence of outreach to people who are experiencing homelessness.

The Homeless Outreach Team provides educational material that highlights service providers.
    The Homeless Outreach Team case managers and/or officers take their time with each individual.
    The Homeless Outreach Team conducts outreach daily and responds to requests of service on call.
    The Homeless Outreach Team offers outreach services to individuals -Specific Places of contact.
    The Homeless Outreach Case Managers meet weekly with other case managers from the Continuum of Care and MPD?
    The Homeless Outreach Team provides transportation to individuals requesting or accepting services to of any Continuum of Care agency with the City of Miami ?

Case Management - involving MPD
    The Homeless Outreach Team Case Managers and/or Officers assist individuals and families with finding available services within the Continuum of Care.
    The Homeless Outreach Team Case Managers and/or Officers do help identify the individual’s goals and needs.
    The Homeless Outreach Team Case Managers and/or Officers formulate a plan to meet those goals with the individual.
    The Homeless Outreach Team Case Managers and/or Officers do connect the individual with the service provider
    The Homeless Outreach Team Case Managers and/or Officers do maintain communication with the individual/s to evaluate the plan to ensure it is meeting the client’s goals.

HOT Program at the Salvation Army
    Do officers know if the the City of Miami and Salvation Army have an agreement that guarantees a free night in a bed at the Salvation Army when that individual is brought in by MPD? Food too?

Individuals are provided Shelter, Security, and Food. - Resisting vs misunderstanding of force

Individuals will have X nights free in the program, if the individual meets with a Case Manager. After the X day if the individual does not want additional services they will be placed with a Public Defender for offense.
    If the person is willing to meet with a case manager and help develop a plan for them to enter the Continuum of Care, then the individual will get an additional days in the program.

Many of these agencies do participate in outreach with the Homeless Outreach Team (specified day of the week). Some of these organizations include Jewish Family and Children’s Services of Miami Dade County, Vocational Rehabilitation, Workforce at Goodwill and Behavioral programs.

Each agency provides different services that can benefit homeless individuals - remove them from the city

Homeward Bound Program
    The Homeless Outreach Team does assist individuals needing transportation services to travel home to be with family or loved ones. It also allows for the individual, who has a confirmed job out of town and a residence is available to he or she. Plus if an individual has arrangements to live with a friend, or the individual will be entering a service program out of town, they too are eligible to receive assistance.

The Homeless Outreach Team does confirm any of the above reasons for needing transportation.

The Homeless Outreach Team will verify the traveler has no outstanding warrants; PCA’s, is not listed as a missing person, nor used the Homeward Bound Program before.

The Homeless Outreach does provide transportation for the individual to the Greyhound Bus station.
    If the travel is to last over four hours, the traveler will be provided a snack and drink by a local social service provider.

Voucher Program
    Currently does the city have an agreement with the Miami Housing Authority which will allow for 15 homeless individuals to receive vouchers for housing?

Each individual and/or family involved in the Voucher Program will have to meet the standards of any other individual and/or family who would qualify for HUD.

The Homeless Outreach Team should assist those individuals in finding housing if they are unable to find housing on their own.
    A voucher holder will have case management for a period of one year with a case manager of the Homeless Outreach Team.

Conclusion
    If Miami really wants to get serious about cleaning up this issue - accountability needs a stern empathetic approach.
    Can you dedicate one of your Officers to meet this by their accountability/seeing where the cracks are so the MPD Officers are further removed from the root problems not addressed? Can you name this Officer, with his experience to take a more executive role with authority to see this issue thru?

Homeless Outreach should be watched function within the Miami Police Department. MPD cannot rely on nonprofit partners in the community to grow their endowments for this continued operations of this problem. MPD might step up and hold these folks accountable so the problems do not 'fallback' on the Blue.
    YOU can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink - then find him back in the trough again
    We need to teach them to fish on their own - MPD resources for this - protection for officers on this.

Lets now look into the stats - In 2015-2020 the Homeless Outreach Team made ? contacts with homeless individuals, ?
    individuals entered ?# the programs?

Compare this to each year of MPD contacts and note the stats so proper adjs can be made - drug vs non drug related homelessness
    Compare the Blue stats to that of the Case Manager follow-ups - Note the work and accountability (if any) of the Case Managers contacted ?individuals and there were ? clients who received direct service.

Finally, who is the MPD dedicated full time to this?
    Contact - Major/Commander/Seargant/Officer where? 305 -

Unregistered
    Is this Officer still ROD

Unregistered
    What ever happened to the chicken Officer.

Unregistered
    You steal you go to jail, plain and simple. Now his attempt to take him into custody wasnt the best, but I wasn’t there. Steal=Jail

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678