Leg Shackles please
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Leg Shackles please

A big suggestion- Please get us leg shackles. I haven't seen any of them accessible anywhere here. Placing these on a n arrestees ankles stops the kicking and the threat of running away. They will work better than anything, just like the hand cuffs. No need for a BS Bodyguard or Wrap system from the Finch era of subduing arrestees. Simple hand cuffs and a set of leg shackles on the ankles will do it. No chance of Positional Affixation. Words of Wisdom being just passed a long.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    A big suggestion- Please get us leg shackles. I haven't seen any of them accessible anywhere here. Placing these on a n arrestees ankles stops the kicking and the threat of running away. They will work better than anything, just like the hand cuffs. No need for a BS Bodyguard or Wrap system from the Finch era of subduing arrestees. Simple hand cuffs and a set of leg shackles on the ankles will do it. No chance of Positional Affixation. Words of Wisdom being just passed a long.
    That's what they have did for years in the prisons and it has worked. Very simple and it works. No need for a BS Wrap or even a hog tie, or a Hobble device on a subject. Simple leg shackles will work so there is no chance of risking anyway a positional affixation. Just saying and giving good advice, but I know how this place is resistant to any advice on subduing arrestees and how Finch rejected any idea but his in the last 25 yrs that he was in charge. I don't know how this agency lasted as long as it did with only Finch's way of teaching officers on how to deal with prisoners. I really hope they do not bring back those dumb karate pressure points they taught for years, that never worked on an aggressive fighting arrestee.

Unregistered
    No offense but there are reasons law enforcement doesn't use leg shackles. Handcuffs always go on first and very rarely does anyone run after handcuffs are put on. If they did run with leg shackles we'd get sued for them hurting themselves. When they are used in the jail they are in an area where they can't run. They can still kick you only now they are doing it with a chain and metal rings around their ankles. It also helps with them kicking out windows if the window doesn't have a barrier over it. More importantly when did this become the place to make suggestions? Now fair warning, I'm being polite but stand by to be attacked by everyone else on here.

Unregistered
    Talk about a total random off the wall topic to bring up. WTF???

Unregistered
    Talk about a total random off the wall topic to bring up. WTF???
    Really Dipshit, where have you been? Did you even watch any of the trial of the cop that killed George Floyd?

Just trying to add some info and help make things better on the job.

There are three types of people on this job;
    1-Those that make things happen
    2-Those that watch things happen
    3-Those that ask, "What happened?"

You sure are in the 3rd group

Unregistered
    No offense but there are reasons law enforcement doesn't use leg shackles. Handcuffs always go on first and very rarely does anyone run after handcuffs are put on. If they did run with leg shackles we'd get sued for them hurting themselves. When they are used in the jail they are in an area where they can't run. They can still kick you only now they are doing it with a chain and metal rings around their ankles. It also helps with them kicking out windows if the window doesn't have a barrier over it. More importantly when did this become the place to make suggestions? Now fair warning, I'm being polite but stand by to be attacked by everyone else on here.
    If and you can get the hand cuffs on a person, hand cuffed behind the back is a lot better then hand cuffed in the front for sure. Ankle shackles with a less chain may help.

Unregistered
    Really Dipshit, where have you been? Did you even watch any of the trial of the cop that killed George Floyd?

Yeah but none of this happened on a college campus.

Unregistered

Do me next! What group am I in?

Unregistered

yeah, I'm in group 4

4. Those who say ( and there's a lot of us ) "Look at what Ofc ******* is posting today. I can't believe a do-nothing loudmouth like him is still working here.

Unregistered
    yeah, I'm in group 4

4. Those who say ( and there's a lot of us ) "Look at what Ofc ******* is posting today. I can't believe a do-nothing loudmouth like him is still working here.
    Ya.. #4.., but no. You are in group 2, and it was a girl that posted it by the way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast