Jail staffing shortage at breaking point - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Carey to save the day! In one month you will think you are eating in a five star restaurant,for free, everyday,trust me
    Not sure why Carey of all people was selected but judging from his achievements at the jail he is another empty suit.

Let's see if he can clean house at the captain and lieutenant levels and get us back on 8 hour shifts. If he can do
    these two things he will gain some credibility and respect with the troops.

Unregistered
    Not sure why Carey of all people was selected but judging from his achievements at the jail he is another empty suit.

Let's see if he can clean house at the captain and lieutenant levels and get us back on 8 hour shifts. If he can do
    these two things he will gain some credibility and respect with the troops.
    LOL,your delusional if you think he will do anything to make things better as far as getting rid of the trash administration or bringing back 8 hour shifts. But at least he changed the meals to be catered in.

Unregistered
    LOL,your delusional if you think he will do anything to make things better as far as getting rid of the trash administration or bringing back 8 hour shifts. But at least he changed the meals to be catered in.
    He is a nobody who did nothing noteworthy to deserve the appointment. But even Simovich and Halle who had more pull with Car1 failed to make any improvements either so don't expect anything from Carey.

As far as the staff meals, Trinity Food Services was providing them at no cost to the agency as long as it had the jail contract. Food costs went up recently so Trinity no longer provided the free meals. The only two alternatives remaining were to let everyone go get their meals off jail grounds which would be a security disaster or to cater meals in. Hope everyone likes airline food because that's what we will get.

I'd rather bring in my own TV dinners and get paid for the 30 minutes I am stuck in the jail in order to respond. No jail provided meal is worth the money I am losing for the 30 minute meal break.

The administration should have built a staff dinning hall separate from the jail housing areas, staffed with professional cooks who can actually cook real food. This should have been done years ago when Central was built. But that would take critical thinking and intelligence.

Unregistered
    How about more pizza parties to raise morale?

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Unregistered
    We demand a vote on the 12 vs 8 hour shifts. The 12 hour shifts are disliked by practically everyone so returning to 8 hour shifts would be a morale booster as well as having other benefits for members.

Unregistered
    We demand a vote on the 12 vs 8 hour shifts. The 12 hour shifts are disliked by practically everyone so returning to 8 hour shifts would be a morale booster as well as having other benefits for members.
    That would mean that Bob failed when he implemented the 12hr shifts. Then they would take it to a vote and miraculously you would see that everyone one loves the 12 hour shifts.

Unregistered
    That would mean that Bob failed when he implemented the 12hr shifts. Then they would take it to a vote and miraculously you would see that everyone one loves the 12 hour shifts.
    FYI, there were 3 fair votes on shift length and the 12 hour shifts were opposed by more than 70% of the jail deputies.

If a fair vote would be conducted the overwhelming choice will be 8 hour shifts.

Unregistered
    Please tell me since when was anything at the F ing PCSO decided by a vote. It's all about what BOOB wants and nothing else.

Unregistered
    Please tell me since when was anything at the F ing PCSO decided by a vote. It's all about what BOOB wants and nothing else.
    You must be new here because there were legitimate polls done on 12 hour shifts and they failed each time. Then the administration imposed 12 hour shifts and that was that.

The jail and the agency as a whole will never improve until the culture of self interest is replaced by a culture of teamwork and placing the people of the agency first. Right now self interest rules it is everyone for themselves regardless of other needs or problems. Especially among the brass. The higher they are the worse the self interest.

Unregistered
    You must be new here because there were legitimate polls done on 12 hour shifts and they failed each time. Then the administration imposed 12 hour shifts and that was that.

The jail and the agency as a whole will never improve until the culture of self interest is replaced by a culture of teamwork and placing the people of the agency first. Right now self interest rules it is everyone for themselves regardless of other needs or problems. Especially among the brass. The higher they are the worse the self interest.
    I knew someone in strategic planning when patrol "voted". She said the votes were manipulated on purpose to go to 12's to appease the county commission/county administrator

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast