Slers
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Slers

Unregistered

Slers

Ok who screwed up on SLERS that we had to receive a 4:30pm email from the chief????

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ok who screwed up on SLERS that we had to receive a 4:30pm email from the chief????
    The real question is: Did Sparky Tardman make it home in time for Sesame Street and Graham crackers after sending us that email?

Unregistered
    I call 10-8 and 10-42 on the actual radio 99.9999999% of the time. However, there are exigent circumstances where we should use the phone. For example, I'm not sitting there for 10 minutes in my driveway while FHP is on the radio for a legitimate reason. Then I pop in and call 10-42 while some trooper's out with a s.99 or responding to a major wreck on the interstate? Nope, the smart thing to do is call on the phone. That's called common sense and good judgment. Now you want me to do a 107 for that? Another stupid decision by people who don't do the job and don't even call in on the radio. God forbid you ask someone with some experience for feedback. Instead you want to throw a blanket over everyone and just turn it up to 10 instantly.

Unregistered
    I call 10-8 and 10-42 on the actual radio 99.9999999% of the time. However, there are exigent circumstances where we should use the phone. For example, I'm not sitting there for 10 minutes in my driveway while FHP is on the radio for a legitimate reason. Then I pop in and call 10-42 while some trooper's out with a s.99 or responding to a major wreck on the interstate? Nope, the smart thing to do is call on the phone. That's called common sense and good judgment. Now you want me to do a 107 for that? Another stupid decision by people who don't do the job and don't even call in on the radio. God forbid you ask someone with some experience for feedback. Instead you want to throw a blanket over everyone and just turn it up to 10 instantly.
    Here is what I think happened. QAR for agents is underway. Some goober doesn't show up on the log because they call it in every day so the LT and fellow agents don't know goober is sitting in his house and claiming they are working. The QAR shows they have been doing that for months or even years. Because there is no shorage of scammers the rest of us have to deal. I could be wrong but that rarely happens. It is a decision based on necessity. If you have a goober in your office you need to educate them.

Unregistered
    Here is what I think happened. QAR for agents is underway. Some goober doesn't show up on the log because they call it in every day so the LT and fellow agents don't know goober is sitting in his house and claiming they are working. The QAR shows they have been doing that for months or even years. Because there is no shorage of scammers the rest of us have to deal. I could be wrong but that rarely happens. It is a decision based on necessity. If you have a goober in your office you need to educate them.
    Every office has one or two. The LT is usually aware of it, documents it, brings it to the Captain and nobody seems to want to mess with it. Then when the LT calls the person out, said person breaks chain of command, goes behind their back, and says they're being mean. Then our weak leadership turns around and says "don't be so mean" and blames the LT. Welcome to ABT!

If executive leleadership wants accountability, they need to support the LTsand Captains. Not just when it's convenient and easy for them.

Unregistered
    Me can’t get on radio in Miami. Me radio very busy. You FHP not very busy on Tallahassee only stray cows and lower case t burning parties. Me cry when me get QAR. Me have to go work for Herpes Garden PD. Me scared to work real police.

Unregistered
    Has nothing to do with the log if you call in and out your phone it still shows up on the SLERS report every month. There logic is if you use your phone it’s because your at home and not int the car. Flawed logic. Why. I can walk out to my car call 10-8 and go back in my house for another hour. It’s really is the stupidest thing ever we shouldn’t even be using SLERS.

Unregistered
    Has nothing to do with the log if you call in and out your phone it still shows up on the SLERS report every month. There logic is if you use your phone it’s because your at home and not int the car. Flawed logic. Why. I can walk out to my car call 10-8 and go back in my house for another hour. It’s really is the stupidest thing ever we shouldn’t even be using SLERS.
    It's all about accountability. Some are. Some are not. Go out to the car or use your portable to call 1008 then go back in the house and mow the lawn. I say that act means you knowingly committed fraud. That coupled with the tracker in your ride and you are now selling used cars at the Pay Here Lot.

Unregistered
    You mean there are actually people who go out to their cars and call 10-8 then come back in and get the kids ready for school? Or someone sitting on their couch and calling 10-8 from their handheld? Then claimed they checked their work emails? Say It isn't so!

Unregistered

Screw TCO Mafia

Are the handheld radios waterproof. 10-8 from the shower. Asking for a friend.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast