Bargaining Unit Members:

I truly hope this email finds everyone doing well, and keeping safe. We are inching closer and closer towards normalcy and I look forward to being able to have bigger personal gatherings in the very near future.

This morning was a bit somber with our Celebration of Life for recently passed PBA Chaplain Emeritus Peter Newman. It was great to see the faces of the retired personnel who came to remember Peter, along with everyone else, many of whom told heartfelt stories about Peter and the mark he left on their lives. He did so many great things for Correctional personnel and all of law enforcement, in addition to the great work he did for the PBA. Peter, you will be missed.

On a lighter note, this week we celebrated Telecommunicators Week. I can’t express how profoundly important our dispatchers and call takers are to us. At a minimum, we should be celebrating Telecommunications Month, not week. Maybe even Telecommunications Season – we can match it to Hurricane Season! While we only officially celebrate you one week a month, know that we deeply appreciate you every day of the year.

Finally, a quick note about negotiations. We have had preliminary discussions with County personnel, and look forward to having our first formal session in the very near future. We will of course notify you of when that will be. Especially after the year we have experienced, both with the additional risks from COVID-19 coupled with the general national unrest regarding law enforcement. I can assure you that we anticipate being able to deliver to you for a vote a contract that will be acceptable and that you can be proud of.

As always, stay safe!

Steadman Stahl